🔵🔴Inverness vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 -17th February 2024

After the disappointment of yesterday’s result I am hoping we can bounce back with a good performance here. 
The two previous games between the sides this season haven’t exactly been all timers. 
Three points could be important here with Morton finding form, 4th place is not quite as far behind as it once was.

Cant see past an away win. Expect us to move the ball around and dominate possession with little end product. If Doolan has done any homework on us at all he will know just to sit in and let us tap the ball about as we never shoot or create much in the final third, then hit us on the break.

15 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Cant see past an away win. Expect us to move the ball around and dominate possession with little end product. If Doolan has done any homework on us at all he will know just to sit in and let us tap the ball about as we never shoot or create much in the final third, then hit us on the break.

We are absolutely hurrendous at sitting in, so there’s that 😂

Sometimes when you see a thread pop up and you realise your team is playing the likes of Partick Thistle for the 50th time this decade, the futility of association football and being part of its relentless, inconsequential plod really begins to hit home.

But not this time. We'll see these off comfortably - 4-0 to The Caley Thistle.

14 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Sometimes when you see a thread pop up and you realise your team is playing the likes of Partick Thistle for the 50th time this decade, the futility of association football and being part of its relentless, inconsequential plod really begins to hit home.

But not this time. We'll see these off comfortably - 4-0 to The Caley Thistle.

That's the spirit.....up and at em !

1rzrgl.gif

Edited by I Clavdivs

Only 8 goals at home this season, lowest in the league vs 21 goals away for Thistle so far, second best.

Easy 4-0 to us. 🫣

We have beaten them 3x 1-0 the last 4 times we have played them at home, be absolutely delighted if this popular score is repeated.

Team traveling up the night before game and not straight into a game after a 4 hour bus slog .Seemed to pay off against the bigger Teuchter team last month so hoping for similar result tomorrow 😁

50 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Samuel still out. Wonder if we’ll start Pepple or play McAllister further forward. Who knows.

Doran, because he can take a shot. Definitely have one of them in over Shaw too though. We have a fair bit of attacking options. But haven't really made much use out of them yet.

Good to see McBeth come in for a start, surprised that we’re still not starting O’Reilly, given we can still be fairly weak defensively on occasion.

Edited by JagsCG

16 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Good to see McBeth come in for a start, surprised that we’re still not starting O’Reilly, given we can still be fairly weak defensively on occasion.

Great stuff, I've heard McBeth is a brave and ambitious player, particularly when operating in the Cawdor/Inverness area.

51 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

My only guess is that with the forced change of Williams for McMillan, he wanted to keep everything else settled. 

8 minutes ago, Harry Briscoe Esq said:

What a shitty wee club Inverness are. Squeeze an extra £2 out of you when buying your ticket at the stadium and the way the sound is turned way down when the away team is announced is just pathetic.

I take it you didn't buy your ticket in advance?

13 minutes ago, Harry Briscoe Esq said:

Why should that make a difference? It doesn't happen at Firhill. I'll remember next time to let them know in advance that I can't be arsed going.

I would think most people travelling to an away ground would check the matchday ticket price. I checked Partick website and its £22 for the next league home game with Dunfermline no early bird discount. Can't see what your issue is.

Maybe ICT shouldn't have an early bird discount and just charge normal price?