2016 Scottish Cup Winners v 2016 Scottish Cup Runners-Up

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

To be fair, it was a bit naughty to try and attribute what had been said to anything regarding songs while Boyle was getting treatment. I assume that’s why he red dotted your post suggesting it was.

In all honesty it was a genuine mistake on my part then he decided to get personal.

If he had pointed out it wasn’t at that incident normally I’d have apologised.

Edit: He called me a sly c**t, so I’ve decided to be one. However he also red dotted someone asking what the reaction would be if it was about Jews, instead of catholic’s.

Not a good look is it?

Edited by stressball

9 minutes ago, Molotov said:

IMG_7577.gif.8d5594b2d3453a6cc7a44faca4f765cc.gif

As a neutral it was clear as day the song being sung while Boyle was receiving lengthy treatment for a head injury. The broadcasters should have called out the scum element in your “support”.

When I was a young'un this sorta situation was normally met by a chorus of "You're going home in a "insert town here" ambulance" - simpler times.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Players badgering the ref isn't unique to Rangers/Goldson, it happens in most games. It's not something that I like but it is commonplace in fitba. 

^^Must not criticise Sevco 😉

19 hours ago, Empty It said:

Who boo's a player that's clearly quite seriously injured when he's being stretched off, Rangers fans really are scum.

Absolute morons. I hope the guy is ok. However I'm not sure the Hibs fans would applauded Lundstram off on a stretcher had that idiot connected as intended with his disgraceful lunge. 

1 minute ago, Jorg Albertz said:

Absolute morons. I hope the guy is ok. However I'm not sure the Hibs fans would applauded Lundstram off on a stretcher had that idiot connected as intended with his disgraceful lunge. 

But he wasn’t stretchered off, Boyle was.

6 minutes ago, Jorg Albertz said:

Yes absolute morons do. And usually it comes from the sort of obese idiot who has never played football or any other sport that extends beyond skulling pints, because if they had they would know that the sight of a stretcher and medical staff on a pitch is generally a sign that there is a serious situation and it upsets players.  FWIW Boyle was checked for damage to his neck and confirmed with serious concussion.

None of this however seems to affect the apologists for the brain donors who chant "die die die you f****n *******" at Boyle. A statement which would no doubt leave the boyhood Aberdeen fan Martin Boyle somewhat bemused.

Edited by AndyM

1 minute ago, AndyM said:

Yes absolute morons do. And usually the sort of obese idiot who has never played football or any other sport that extends beyond skulling pints, because if they had they would know that the sight of a stretcher and medical staff on a pitch is generally a sign that there is a serious situation and it upsets players.  FWIW Boyle was checked for damage to his neck and confirmed with serious concussion.

None of this however seems to affect the apologists for the brain donors who chant "die die die you ****** *******" at Boyle. A statement which would no doubt leave the boyhood Aberdeen fan Martin Boyle somewhat bemused.

Ive been called a Sheep Shaggin ****** b*****d. 

No idea why as my birthday is 12 July so Sheep Shaggin *** b*****d would be more appropriate tbqh

41 minutes ago, Molotov said:

IMG_7577.gif.8d5594b2d3453a6cc7a44faca4f765cc.gif

As a neutral it was clear as day the song being sung while Boyle was receiving lengthy treatment for a head injury. The broadcasters should have called out the scum element in your “support”.

What have I doubled down on?

I never said the song wasn't being sung when Boyle was down receiving treatment. I said the original post that @RuMoorequoted that said "Walk off the pitch Hibs"  where he said it was a highlight of his was not in reference to the songs aimed at Boyle, but it was in reference to a Hibs red card.

@stressballhas even admitted as much, so again, I'm not sure what I'm doubling down on. I've never once disputed any songs being sung.

Edited by AJF

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

What have I doubled down on?

I never said the song wasn't being sung when Boyle was down receiving treatment. I said the original post that @RuMoorequoted that said "Walk off the pitch Hibs"  where he said it was a highlight of his was not in reference to the songs aimed at Boyle, but it was in reference to a Hibs red card.

@stressballhas even admitted as much, so again, I'm not sure what I'm doubling down on. I've never once disputed any songs being sung.

My sincere apologies. I clearly made a mistake and I hope you accept that. 

Hopefully all true Rangers fans, your official supporters clubs and your football club will apologise for the offensive sectarian behaviour from large elements of your away “support” yesterday and we will see no further repeat of this. 

44 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Yes absolute morons do. And usually it comes from the sort of obese idiot who has never played football or any other sport that extends beyond skulling pints, because if they had they would know that the sight of a stretcher and medical staff on a pitch is generally a sign that there is a serious situation and it upsets players.  

Which one....

FB_IMG_1708809986278.jpg

32 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Is there a bit of doctoring going on with the butchers apron? Some of those lines don’t match up? 

Standard AI bollox that is flooding the internet at the moment.

Compare that to some of the penalties we’ve conceded this season ffs :lol: The lack of consistency is mental. 

St Mirren away and Hearts away a couple of weeks ago come straight to mind. Colak last season is another belter. 

40 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Compare that to some of the penalties we’ve conceded this season ffs :lol: The lack of consistency is mental. 

St Mirren away and Hearts away a couple of weeks ago come straight to mind. Colak last season is another belter. 

The account you’ve quoted has been a bit economical in the description of the incident and selective of the replay angles, IMO.

Marcondes and Goldson are essentially running side by side before Marcondes decides his legs don’t work after he realises Butland is gathering the ball.

Sterling gets in front of Obita and is brought down by a tangle of legs rather than any tussling going on.

That’s not to compare the incidents to any of the others you mention, just the account that tweeted these seems to be a bit selective.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

The account you’ve quoted has been a bit economical in the description of the incident and selective of the replay angles, IMO.

Marcondes and Goldson are essentially running side by side before Marcondes decides his legs don’t work after he realises Butland is gathering the ball.

Sterling gets in front of Obita and is brought down by a tangle of legs rather than any tussling going on.

That’s not to compare the incidents to any of the others you mention, just the account that tweeted these seems to be a bit selective.

That's what I assumed it was at the time, but when you watch it again it really isn't.

There's no accidental clip, not tangle, the Rangers player starts going down when he realises how close the defender is and their feet tangle AS he's going down.

Very 'clever' bit of attacking play, but VAR should have spotted that.