Greenock Morton v Heart of Midlothian

30 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Monday night means it's a no from me. Just not viable.

I know quite a few people who very rarely miss Hearts games who won't be going to this. Shocking state of affairs for a cup quarter final. A really, really poor decision.

I’ll be at rehearsals playing improvisational free form jazz on Monday night, It’s not really supposed to be improvisational or free form it just always ends up that way

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It was a semi final. Why else would we be playing Dundee Utd at Easter Road?!

Aye, fair enough, I wasn't paying attention. Made an arse of it.

In my defence, you said Dubdee in your original post so I had no idea who was playing.

1 hour ago, Aylo vanal said:

Any locals able to advise on the best place to park?

There's a carpark beside the ground but can be an arse to get out of.

Douglas Rae Road at the docks to if you are quick enough for a space or find street parking in the streets behind Cappielow.

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

That's our allocation sold out already. Should be a good atmosphere under the lights.

Sold out in no time at all. - that's some going. Fair play to the Hearts travelling support. For those who haven't been - Cappielow's one of the few remaining 'grand old lady' traditional grounds in Scottish fitba. We've been there since 1879. Those who come often express initial surprise at how basic, uncomfortable and antiquated it all is - but a huge proportion also come away having loved the authentic experience, never having been part of an atmosphere quite like it. It's a wee slice of fitba magic under the lights - two of which, incidentally were purchased second-hand from St. Mirren.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Hearts don't deserve a Scottish Cup semi final place for enduring both Airdrie and Greenock one after the other; they deserve the Victoria Cross. 

Not sure you're allowed medals after cheating, docked points & getting relegated.

Silly wee non-sequitur from a silly wee man. 

4-zip Hearts. Morton yokels have more chance of their awful little town rising up the SIMD rankings than they do of causing an upset here. 

11 hours ago, Venti said:

Not sure you're allowed medals after cheating, docked points & getting relegated.

Au contraire mon ami...

Admittedly you would have been watching Morton lift the League one trophy at the time so it may have slipped your notice but If we hadn't been docked points, put under a signing ban and got relegated then this scene would never have happened. 

How Hearts' late comeback against Rangers saved the 2015 title party

Meanwhile Rangers and Hibs had to settle for the dubious honour of playing league games in Greenock the following season

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Au contraire mon ami...

Admittedly you would have been watching Morton lift the League one trophy at the time so it may have slipped your notice but If we hadn't been docked points, put under a signing ban and got relegated then this scene would never have happened. 

How Hearts' late comeback against Rangers saved the 2015 title party

Meanwhile Rangers and Hibs had to settle for the dubious honour of playing league games in Greenock the following season

1IxBmu.gif