Greenock Morton v Heart of Midlothian

Unfortunately 4-0 seems a likely outcome given our injury crisis

Not looking forward to it at all. Be tempted to rest some of our 1st team for the league

Edited by MarkoRaj

Nieuwenhof out is a blow as he's been really coming onto a game. Kent still out too and that worries me slightly as this'll be a pretty direct game I imagine. Oda, McKay, Boyce & Halkett all still unavailable as well but Vargas is back.

Should still be a decent lineup though, wouldn't change much from the Celtic game with the exception of Tait or Devlin in for Nieuwenhof.

Edited by Tony Wonder

19 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Nieuwenhof out is a blow as he's been really coming onto a game. Kent still out too and that worries me slightly as this'll be a pretty direct game I imagine. Oda, McKay, Boyce & Halkett all still unavailable as well but Vargas is back.

Should still be a decent lineup though, wouldn't change much from the Celtic game with the exception of Tait or Devlin in for Nieuwenhof.

Yeah, Kent (and Halkett) are probably bigger misses in this type of game than they were against Celtic. It pretty much takes us back to last season's options which means defending crosses and direct play becomes a worry again.

Nieuwenhof is also a miss because he can do the physical battling side while also being good technically, whereas with Devlin you lose a bit of the latter. Denholm might be an outside bet to start as he's arguably closest in style to Nieuwenhof.

Gordon

Lembikisa Kingsley Rowles Cochrane

Denholm Baningime Grant

Vargas Shankland Forrest

On 08/03/2024 at 12:54, MarkoRaj said:

Unfortunately 4-0 seems a likely outcome given our injury crisis

Not looking forward to it at all. Be tempted to rest some of our 1st team for the league

What a depressing attitude.   Need I remind you that one of the worst teams in living memory rocked up to Celtic Park and snatched a 1-0 victory.  I fear the worst too but suggesting we rest players for a cup quarter final is bonkers. 

On 08/03/2024 at 16:39, Chippyminton said:

Always looks like he has someone else’s head on his shoulders. The head of a man of greater physical stature. Like one of those rock formations in the Arizona desert.

On 06/03/2024 at 00:11, SEETHING said:

Silly wee non-sequitur from a silly wee man. 

4-zip Hearts. Morton yokels have more chance of their awful little town rising up the SIMD rankings than they do of causing an upset here. 

Silly wee non-sequitur into poverty shaming. What a Tory move.

Liking the sound of Hearts not being at full strength at centre half but fear for us that no Oakley = no party.

Looking forward to the evening itself and hurling abuse at Jambo pals,, but dreading the game itself with the nick we’re in at the moment. 

I guess we go in with absolutely no expectation now which might be helpful, but we barely got near scoring against Inverness & United never mind this lot. 

Big, big performance required from Muirhead in particular. If we’ve to have any shout he needs to get the finger out.

I've seen this film many times before.   Arrogant, dismissive fans of the big club versus pessimistic, doom-mongering Morton fans.  Surely only one outcome then.

On 09/03/2024 at 10:28, DC92 said:

It pretty much takes us back to last season's options which means defending crosses and direct play becomes a worry again.

That's what I like to hear

On Oakley, I’m getting the impression he’s going to make a surprise appearance. The wording of the denials of any chance of him playing are a bit unconvincing. Could Imrie and Oakley be trying to mislead Hearts? I really hope so.

On 06/03/2024 at 00:11, SEETHING said:

Silly wee non-sequitur from a silly wee man. 

4-zip Hearts. Morton yokels have more chance of their awful little town rising up the SIMD rankings than they do of causing an upset here. 

Oh dear,what a total endinburger mutant  🐸 

43 minutes ago, Alibi said:

On Oakley, I’m getting the impression he’s going to make a surprise appearance. The wording of the denials of any chance of him playing are a bit unconvincing. Could Imrie and Oakley be trying to mislead Hearts? I really hope so.

I hope you’re right but that’s more out of desperation than anything else. He did say he “probably” won’t make it, then change to definitely but who knows. 

Gosh, I hope we're not caught cold by (at best) half-fit eight-goal superstar "George Oakley".

Wonder if Joma will force him to play a la Nike forcing Ronaldo to play in the 1998 World Cup Final. 

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

I've seen this film many times before.   Arrogant, dismissive fans of the big club versus pessimistic, doom-mongering Morton fans.  Surely only one outcome then.

A hammering for Morton 99 times out of 100. But it could be the one outcome you're hinting at. That's the joy of football.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Aye, I'm getting more and more confident we'll see him tonight. Would be a massive boost even if he only lasts 45 minutes. Whether he does or doesn't, we still need Crawford, Muirhead etc. to step it up a few notches more importantly.