Change the Scottish Cup format

I actually don't think the Scottish Cup in its present format is fit for purpose 

I would bring back the Qualifying Cups so the Non-League sides have something to aim for in the opening months of the season

Also have Rangers and Celtic have byes to the last 16

What do you think 

35 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

I actually don't think the Scottish Cup in its present format is fit for purpose 

I would bring back the Qualifying Cups so the Non-League sides have something to aim for in the opening months of the season

What do you think 

Here is some of that attention you wanted. Now go away.

1 hour ago, mrman2011 said:

What do you think 

image.gif.d479b3415fea0e025ca1d01d3ebb23dd.gif

The SJC in has always been all in from the start (80s and 90s had 150+ teams in the hat for the first round ( first round just took it down to nearest working number 128 ) and was possible that a game in the first round could be a repeat of the final from previous season. 

A true open and fair cup competition and how it should be for all.

52 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

The SJC in has always been all in from the start (80s and 90s had 150+ teams in the hat for the first round ( first round just took it down to nearest working number 128 ) and was possible that a game in the first round could be a repeat of the final from previous season. 

A true open and fair cup competition and how it should be for all.

It's rare for any cup outside SPFL to not be "all in".

Incidentally for about a decade SJFA Cup has exempted SFA member clubs & Scottish Cup qualifiers past R1, so it's not entirely all-in from off. (This season they were actually to be exempted past 2 rounds until a few withdrawals reduced the entry meaning there didn't need to be 2 rounds before Last 64).

So is it just Rangers and Celtic byes to the last 16? What happens if, for example, Hearts have an amazing season and finish 1st or 2nd do they take one of these last 16 spots?

I'd mirror what some others have said and open the Scottish cup up more. Every licensed teams gains entry, every team in as early as possible, no seeds.

In doing that we would probably be looking to restructure the league cup and have less games in that. I'd restructure the leagues at the same time but thats a seperate issue.

1 hour ago, Half Time Show said:

So is it just Rangers and Celtic byes to the last 16? What happens if, for example, Hearts have an amazing season and finish 1st or 2nd do they take one of these last 16 spots?

I'd mirror what some others have said and open the Scottish cup up more. Every licensed teams gains entry, every team in as early as possible, no seeds.

In doing that we would probably be looking to restructure the league cup and have less games in that. I'd restructure the leagues at the same time but thats a seperate issue.

You seem to be mistakenly attaching this bye nonsense with league performance. The roaster suggesting it wants the 2 ugllies to get a bye, not the top 2 teams in the league.

But rangers and celtic are just scraping through games just now with the help of dodgy refereeing or VAR decisions helping them over the line. They both look terrified when a team gets in their faces, so let them take their chances with the rest of us.

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Has anyone suggested just making it a two team tournament between Rangers and Celtic yet? Everyone else can play in the junior cup instead. 

Great idea. Whilst we're at it, we should just make Celtic or Sevco default champions and have the rest of the Premiership coming in as joint bottom.

Bring back replays - many of my best 'domestic fitba match' memories are Scottish Cup replays under the lights.

Penalties in early rounds are for the League Cup.

ps  unless it's Celtic or Sevco who should be given a bye in these circumstances.

Edited by tarapoa