Free Agency 2024

peasy23

Probably see a bit more of that in the next few weeks because there will be roster bonuses due between now and 11th March.

Should also get news of a few significant re-signings of in-house pending F.A's, but personally i'm hoping things stay fairly quiet on the Chargers front because the only guy I'd really like them to bring back is Alohi Gillman. I think Ekeler can still be an effective, productive back in the right situation, but probably not as a Charger, and I saw a few signs that he might be hitting the fabled RB wall last season. He was playing gimped and definitely looked better toward the end of the season than the middle of it, but the old pop just wasn't there and there were a few signs of a decreasing catch radius and so on. Kenny Murray is just a waste of a roster spot and a liability when he's on the field, so I see no reason to offer him an sort of contract. Gerald Everett is just "meh".

I think they'll try to trade either Mack or Bosa, probably the former, and Mike Williams gets cut, but possibly not until June or so because he's rehabbing an ACL tear. Keenan Allen I think will restructure and add extra years, because I think its pretty clear he really doesn't want to play anywhere else. Eric Kendricks is a top cut candidate as well. They are not in a great place Cap-wise, but off-loading one of the big contracts and a couple of prudent cuts should give them room to sign a couple of mid-tier FA's. They need to find an outside starting CB after the JC Jackson farce, and they need serious help in the front 7 and interior OL.

49ers have a load of defensive players entering free agency. As well as this list Juaun Jennings is a restricted free agent and deserving of a deal imo.

Feliciano did well, Gipson might well retire, Burks was decent on special teams but got ripped apart when he had to fill in at linebacker. You have to think they will want to keep Young after trading for him mid season.

Bills are in a bit of a cap bind for the next season with Stefon Diggs and Von Miller saddled with dead cap hits for 2024 that make them almost impossible to move on. There's a school of thought that says eat it for a year rather than keep kicking the can down the road Saints style and hope you hit on the draft picks then go again with some splashier moves in 2025 but the other side says Josh Allen only has so many prime years left  / will eventually get hurt and you can't waste time.

Of the free agents Gabe Davis will get paid somewhere else as will Leonard Floyd though at a lower amount due to age. DaQuan Jones is the one I'd be trying to get back on a one year deal again with age worries but someone might give him more.

WR is the biggest need of all, will be interesting to see if they go out for one in FA or think they can get what they want at 28 in the draft or trade up a little.

19 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Bills are in a bit of a cap bind for the next season with Stefon Diggs and Von Miller saddled with dead cap hits for 2024 that make them almost impossible to move on. There's a school of thought that says eat it for a year rather than keep kicking the can down the road Saints style and hope you hit on the draft picks then go again with some splashier moves in 2025 but the other side says Josh Allen only has so many prime years left  / will eventually get hurt and you can't waste time.

Of the free agents Gabe Davis will get paid somewhere else as will Leonard Floyd though at a lower amount due to age. DaQuan Jones is the one I'd be trying to get back on a one year deal again with age worries but someone might give him more.

WR is the biggest need of all, will be interesting to see if they go out for one in FA or think they can get what they want at 28 in the draft or trade up a little.

I think the Bills will be fine taking a WR at #28. It's a deep class, so the sort of guys going at the end of the 1st/top of the 2nd are the types of talent that would probably be middle of the first round and 3rd or 4th WR off the board in most drafts. I like Troy Franklin. I don't think he has the tools to ever be a true #1 WR type, but he's bloody fast and could turn into the sort of weapon that is a pain in the arse for any D to scheme for.

FA WR group isn't all that inspiring. Tee Higgins will want paid like a #1 WR and some team with nothing at the position will give him that. I don't think Evans or Pittman get away from Tampa or Indi, and everything else is a bit meh. If the Bills are looking at Calvin Ridley or DJ Chark, then they might as well just try to re-sign Gabe Davis because he's much younger. Beyond that, it's just guys who are over the hill, or #3 WR types like Van Jefferson. Perhaps they take a flyer on KJ Osborn or something, because he's the sort of age that with a change of scenery and system you sometimes land a guy who outperforms his money.

Sounds like more of an unauthorised medication type of situation than actually a “PED” by the definition of the term.

Possibly more importantly this suspension will also void guarantees in his contract and means the Raiders can release him without paying him the $11.25m bonus he otherwise would have been due. So at least something has worked out well with this terrible signing.

I haven't looked at the substances policy in years. Remember it caused a massive hoo-haa when they did f**k all about the fact Peyton Manning was clearly using HGH to help recover from his neck surgery, but then I know they liberalised it to go easier on guys who were caught 1st time for weed and so on.

Has anyone actually been busted for legit PED use lately and actually fessed up to it? Seems it's always a contaminated supplement, or a medication screw up. I can't believe the NFL is suddenly squeaky clean, and I don't GAF what the "official" figures say 😆

Will the Giants extend Saquon or tag him again? That’s the big question. Iv a feeling he may get to test free agency. 

Id like to see us go get some pass rushers. Behind Kayvon we haven’t got much. I read we have around 31 million in cap room