Free Agency 2024

peasy23

54 minutes ago, RiG said:

Juszczyk also reported to have been asked to take a pay cut. 

33 and two years left on his deal, but he's not on a huge salary compared to others and Shanahan has always said he needs a full back for the offense to function. Juice is the best at the position so a dangerous move asking him to take a cut imo.

Kinda half-expected the Tee Higgins request after they slapped the tag on him. I don't think it's about money, I think he sees himself as some team's #1 and doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle to Chase in Cinci.

Should be an interesting 48 hours for LAC because right now they are still $20-21m over the cap. They could fix that by releasing Mike Williams, but there is also scope for re-negotiation with Bosa, Allen, and Herbert, trading Bosa/Mack/Williams (latter unlikely to happen since he's rehabbing an ACL tear), or just flat releasing a couple of the big contract guys. Regardless, something has to shift because they have to be cap compliant before the opening of FA on Wednesday.

Delighted with the Wilkins signing. Yeah, it's a steep price, but we had the cap room and have needed a top DT for what feels like 30 years.

Josh Jacobs signing for the Packers is a surprise. Not particularly with him leaving he Raiders, which I think has always been on the cards, but the fact the Packers are now going to be paying both him and Aaron Jones decent cash at the RB position. I like Jacobs but ultimately not fussed he's gone.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Delighted with the Wilkins signing. Yeah, it's a steep price, but we had the cap room and have needed a top DT for what feels like 30 years.

Josh Jacobs signing for the Packers is a surprise. Not particularly with him leaving he Raiders, which I think has always been on the cards, but the fact the Packers are now going to be paying both him and Aaron Jones decent cash at the RB position. I like Jacobs but ultimately not fussed he's gone.

They’ve just released Aaron Jones 

8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

They’ve just released Aaron Jones 

Makes sense.

Cousins getting the big bucks again. The guy has made a stupid amount of money in his career.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Makes sense.

Cousins getting the big bucks again. The guy has made a stupid amount of money in his career.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are looking at Jones as a replacement for Saquon 

With how fast the average QB money is increasing these days I can’t say I have a definitive opinion on if they’ve overpaid for Cousins.

What I do know is he’ll be worth every penny to never see Ridder play again.

A move like this feels like make or break for the suits in the office. No hiding if this fails.