Free Agency 2024

peasy23

Gus Edwards 2 year deal with the Chargers.

Happy with this. Of all the FA backs he'd have been my 3rd choice behind Barkley and Jacobs, and he should be a good bit cheaper than either of those.

Still think we'll take a RB on day 2/3, but with Spiller still on the roster the room doesn't seem so bare now. Can't see Ekeler coming back unless he does the rounds and there is no other interest. He looked really slow at points last season, but did pick it up a bit late on once he was over the ankle sprain.

Chargers also re-signing Alohi Gillman, and are bringing in Will Dissly on a 3 year deal. Pleasing.

Edited by Boo Khaki

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

You think the Young trade was a failure? 

Failure seems too harsh. Underwhelming definitely. He had something like 2.5 sacks in his nine games so not an amazing return but perhaps with more time working with Bosa there'd be a better return. Of course the whole Niners D line regressed last season including Bosa. 

He's still of a young enough age that he'll get picked up no problem. I've seen some 49er sites talk about a one year prove it deal for the guy which sounds decent on paper. Low risk for the Niners and if he did well he'd cash in the following season. 

9 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Floyd and Davis were never coming back to Buffalo with the money they'd get elsewhere and the Bills cap situation. If they lose Daquan Jones that would be a blow though. 

Jones retained which is excellent news. Only other transaction last night was the obvious restructure of Josh Allen's contract to kick a bit of cap can down the road.

Wonder if the Bills take a punt on a cheap WR today, obviously they'll be drafting one early but only DIggs and Shakir are every week starting level at this point in time.

Edited by Fuctifano

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

$50m...

For a guard?

Any good?

I would say its an big over pay. he's played centre all 4 years in Denver and improved all each year although he couldn't get any worse after year one, he was 32nd out of 32 starting centres. He has had 3/4 different starting QB's in his time and the line changing constantly around him.

He missed games in 2022 with an injury but started every game his other 3 years. So he's durable.

This is absolutely baffling. Murray has been so completely atrocious across 4 full years I'd have been livid had the Chargers even brought him back at Vet minimum. How on earth he's got $18m from a team is beyond me. Seriously, the guy is completely hopeless at everything. Can't diagnose plays, shoots the wrong gap constantly, loses contain, gets washed out of plays where the ball moves laterally, has no sense of space, bites on PA every single time, takes bad angles. He has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Up there with Jerry Tillery as the worst of the Chargers draftees over the entire Telesco tenure.

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

This boy decent @Nightmare?

IMG_1042.jpeg

He's reliable enough. Nothing special, but a decent enough starter.

I'd have kept him at the salary you guys gave him, but also not too bothered we're going in another direction on the right side of the line.

He also talks a lot on social media.

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

This is absolutely baffling. Murray has been so completely atrocious across 4 full years I'd have been livid had the Chargers even brought him back at Vet minimum. How on earth he's got $18m from a team is beyond me. Seriously, the guy is completely hopeless at everything. Can't diagnose plays, shoots the wrong gap constantly, loses contain, gets washed out of plays where the ball moves laterally, has no sense of space, bites on PA every single time, takes bad angles. He has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Up there with Jerry Tillery as the worst of the Chargers draftees over the entire Telesco tenure.

I shouldn't be expecting too much from him then?

I take it you're not a fan?