The Dons v Motherwell

A big game for us this and a big test of Neil warnock. His first two games have not been particularly impressive but I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt for differing reasons in both. 

This is the type of fixture that Barry robson could never get his head round so a real chance to show a turning of the ride. If we don’t then it would seem our league season will at best Peter out or get sucked into something worse. 

Motherwell a difficult side to read, clearly got something about them but doesn’t produce results enough. 

0-0 

The chance of this ending 'Aberdeen 0' is virtually non-existent.

It's not impossible we'll find the net ourselves though...you wouldn't put money on it but nor would you be surprised at (yet another) score draw.

Edited by Handsome_Devil
Typo

I'd love to win this. 

Neil Warnock is an auld dinosaur and Aberdeen hiring him is a massive gammon faced riddy. (although fits in up there I suppose).

Very unlikely though. 

Fearing for this TBH. I'm only going since I have already paid for the Ticket and Travel (yet another Midweek Aberdeen vs Motherwell game).

Probably better to have halliday starting and putting Miller on much later. Also Vale has scored 2 in 2 now so I would hope he would be subbed on before the 70th minute mark.

Looking for some sort of response to the Morton game. We have a reasonable record at Pittodrie and SK doubling down on his support for Liam Kelly deserves payback from his captain. Both sides to score would be a decent bet and wouldnt be unhappy with a score draw just to keep our noses in front of Aberdeen. 

We were trundling along reasonably well, unbeaten in our last 5 in the league and only Rangers had beaten us in our last 8 (again in the league) but there's every chance that Morton game spooks everyone.

Looking at the form Miovski's been in then add me to the 'I'd take a draw tbqhwy' gang.

2 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Bracing myself for Kettlewell fielding the exact same starting 11 as v Morton then only making changes when we’re 2-0 down. 

Funnier if we win with them tbh. Same XI, but leather Aberdeen 2-0 again.

Was reminiscing about this the other day;

When we had three shots on target and won 3-0, very funny.

Edited by thisGRAEME

11 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Was it not like 3-0 after about 2 minutes and then the rest of the game was a pathetic wee kick about. Good times. 

10 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

When was the last time we won away from home? I'm pretty sure it was against Hearts at the start of the season?

Yup, 0-1 at Tynecastle on the 3rd of September. Over 5 months ago ... 

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Everything about this is top notch.

- 3-0 win from three shots

- Another top Joe Lewis vs Motherwell display

- Long's fingers in the ears to no crowd

- that absolutely cracking away kit, we should just re-release that to make up for nobody being there the season we wore it 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Was it not like 3-0 after about 2 minutes and then the rest of the game was a pathetic wee kick about. Good times. 

Aye, three in 25 minutes I think? A very silly afternoon.

5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, three in 25 minutes I think? A very silly afternoon.

Yes, it was. No fans so you didn’t even get the excruciating angst amongst our support at being so comfortably dispatched at pittodrie. 

I switched off midway through 2nd half as it was just a group of guys knocking a ball about. Think you could have played another 3 hours and the highlights package would’ve remained unchanged.