Aberdeen vs Killie

Pleased to see that Killie are taking good numbers through. I thought with the kick-off time and the game on BBC that it would take a bit of a bump. Our sales look really poor, which is probably unsurprising.

Despite the result last week, I wouldn't change a huge amount about the team for this. I would try to keep Barron, Shinnie and Phillips together in midfield: they didn't offer a huge amount of creativity on Saturday, but we did look more solid with that three than in previous weeks, and Phillips at least added a bit of size. I would be minded to keep Duk and Hoilett in the team, too. 

Killie are a better team than us, no doubt, but if we can be disciplined defensively and play on the counter-attack then we might be able to spring an upset. 

Shame they’ve binned replays - had two enjoyable midweek trips to Ayrshire in the Scottish Cup in relatively recent seasons.

Anyway, the club clearly already think this is basically the final.

IMG_1478.jpeg

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Shame they’ve binned replays - had two enjoyable midweek trips to Ayrshire in the Scottish Cup in relatively recent seasons.

Anyway, the club clearly already think this is basically the final.

IMG_1478.jpeg

This "manifesting" shit is getting ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Walt Kowalski said:

Driving up to this for the first time, are there any parking near the ground or are there any park & ride that actually have buses serving them?

Plenty free parking along the beach esplanade, convenient for the away end.

IMG_0037.thumb.jpeg.c7e353bb59359c7b9946fda7d1ed7211.jpeg

I didn't realise until tonight how bloated (and I don't mean just Greg Stewart) the Kilmarnock squad is, old Delboy must be strecthing the resources a bit...

After that guff the BBC put up on their site about a 'sliding doors moment' with McInnes leaving us and going to Killie, I really hope we pull our finger out tomorrow and win.

Kilmarnock haven't been in a Scottish Cup semi-final since they won it and  have never beaten us in the Scottish Cup...so if it happens tomorrow, I hope Warnock does the right thing and leaves the club with immediate effect.

We're long due a good performance so hopefully we will see one tomorrow with a win.

I think it's going to be tight though, and it could go either way. Perhaps VAR or penatly kicks will decide it...

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I didn't realise until tonight how bloated (and I don't mean just Greg Stewart) the Kilmarnock squad is, old Delboy must be strecthing the resources a bit...

After that guff the BBC put up on their site about a 'sliding doors moment' with McInnes leaving us and going to Killie, I really hope we pull our finger out tomorrow and win.

Kilmarnock haven't been in a Scottish Cup semi-final since they won it and  have never beaten us in the Scottish Cup...so if it happens tomorrow, I hope Warnock does the right thing and leaves the club with immediate effect.

We're long due a good performance so hopefully we will see one tomorrow with a win.

I think it's going to be tight though, and it could go either way. Perhaps VAR or penatly kicks will decide it...

Big fan of Derek McInnes, but yeah that BBC article was toilet water. I'm not sure on this game - I have a feeling Aberdeen will turn a corner soon, might be this game. 

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Backing Killie on bets goes against everything I stand for, but it's absolutely printing money to go for them for a win. £1 gets you back £2.87. crazy odds considering Killie have had the better of the Dons all season 

Those are absolutely mental odds. Tempted to put money on Killie myself*.

Can't see anything other than an away win. On the plus side.........erm........nope there is no plus side.

*OK, not really.

11 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

You say bloated, i say quality in depth 👍

Just now, kingjoey said:

That's the spirit..

I'll probably watch it though, and then take it out on the grandchildren...

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'll probably watch it though, and then take it out on the grandchildren...

I'm coming home to one grandchild after the match, and I'm hoping to be celebrating with him.