Aberdeen vs Killie

16 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Very poor performance. First half we let it turn in to a battle which is what Warnock wanted. We got our goal playing football. 

You got your goal because of a monumental f*ck up between Barron and Gartenmann. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You got your goal because of a monumental f*ck up between Barron and Gartenmann. 

You got your first goal because of a monumental f**k up between Findlay and Dennis. 

1 hour ago, Fide said:

You got your first goal because of a monumental f**k up between Findlay and Dennis. 

Killie’s shite defending played a major part in all our goals. The second was particularly bad on your part I thought. Totally dozed off and let us play unopposed for five seconds until the shot came in. 

I’m happy (for now) with us forcing the issue and benefiting from mistakes and luck.  

Barron looking on another level at times yesterday, come on Dave give the boy 5 grand a week and keep him in red for another couple seasons before the big move to Spain.

Edited by Stu_81

3 hours ago, Fide said:

I know that, but it was you that said you got your goal "playing football".

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know that, but it was you that said you got your goal "playing football".

I'm usually the first to criticise Killies play but they did try to play fitba for large parts of the game. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I'm usually the first to criticise Killies play but they did try to play fitba for large parts of the game. 

The person was talking specially about the goal we gave away, not the match overall.

No question a deserved win for Aberdeen, in a game Killie just never got going in.

Switching from our recent 4-4-2 of recent weeks with 2 wingers due to Kennedy's injury left up lopsided, which didn't help. Aberdeen wanted it more.

Still, a bigger game than yesterday to come next weekend against St.Mirren in the battle for 4th and Europe.

10 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

No question a deserved win for Aberdeen, in a game Killie just never got going in.

Switching from our recent 4-4-2 of recent weeks with 2 wingers due to Kennedy's injury left up lopsided, which didn't help. Aberdeen wanted it more.

Still, a bigger game than yesterday to come next weekend against St.Mirren in the battle for 4th and Europe.

You'd rather be 4th and end up in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, than win the Scottish Cup and, not only have a trophy, but end up in the Europa League group stage? Why would you want that?

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You'd rather be 4th and end up in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, than win the Scottish Cup and, not only have a trophy, but end up in the Europa League group stage? Why would you want that?

Killie have recently been relegated so finishing in one of the top slots is a great achievement and there's no guarantee that they'd win the cup with Rangers and celtic still in the competition.  

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Killie have recently been relegated so finishing in one of the top slots is a great achievement and there's no guarantee that they'd win the cup with Rangers and celtic still in the competition.  

This.

Semi-Final 'day out' v Rangers or Celtic and likely defeat, or chance to be 4th and in Europe, two years after being in the Championship?

For me, therefore a game against St.Mirren in a battle for Europe and games to come after it are bigger than a semi-final KO in the Cup.

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

This.

Semi-Final 'day out' v Rangers or Celtic and likely defeat, or chance to be 4th and in Europe, two years after being in the Championship?

For me, therefore a game against St.Mirren in a battle for Europe and games to come after it are bigger than a semi-final KO in the Cup.

Fitba fans are weird.

Enjoy your 'day out' against Celtic, and if you someone win that, Rangers in the Final.

As said, would prefer to qualify for Europe.

'If' it had been a semi-final line up of say..Hibs, Motherwell and maybe one of the sisters then yes, you might think there is a half chance of winning it....beating both of them? Somewhat unlikely to say the least.

For a club like Killie who have been in Europe once in the last 23 years the chance of a couple of trips abroad more enticing than Hampden v Celtic 

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

For a club like Killie who have been in Europe once in the last 23 years the chance of a couple of trips abroad more enticing than Hampden v Celtic 

I'd take a Hampden doing from Celtic ahead of another Connah's Quay Nomads.

10 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

This.

trim.DF07FA1A-6090-461D-8AA7-8AE0D2753492.gif