Proofs that there is no God.

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why did God make the only species who can understand him a bunch of arseholes?

Last time I checked, human beings have individual agency and free will to choose to be arseholes or choose not to be. The structures within which they operate are all man-made constructs of previous generations, that massively influence the norms of the present. 

It would be incredibly foolish to a) categorise over 8 billion people as a bunch of arseholes and b) infer that this is the product of an inherent design flaw. Hardly surprising that staunch atheists demonstrate as weak logical insight skills as your most deranged Bible Belt nut - they're wedded to mirror images of a self-deluding belief system. 

12 hours ago, scottsdad said:

On the flip side, the creation of the TV show Minder is proof that the big man exists.

He must have had a day off when Star Trek was created then.

My lack of belief in a God does not mean there isn't one.

You want to believe in your Christian, Sikh, Muslim, Jewish etc God, go for it,

I'll only get annoyed if you try and force your rules or beliefs on me.

They're your rules you live by them, I'll live by mine and mine won't hurt anyone, if you can try and manage the same that would be great.

I have no more ability to prove there is no god any more than you have an ability to prove there is.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Last time I checked, human beings have individual agency and free will to choose to be arseholes or choose not to be. The structures within which they operate are all man-made constructs of previous generations, that massively influence the norms of the present. 

It would be incredibly foolish to a) categorise over 8 billion people as a bunch of arseholes and b) infer that this is the product of an inherent design flaw. Hardly surprising that staunch atheists demonstrate as weak logical insight skills as your most deranged Bible Belt nut - they're wedded to mirror images of a self-deluding belief system. 

It was a joke m8.

6 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

That answer shows a lack of Faith

Really, I was up all night thinking about it as I couldn't get no sleep.

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

Our galaxy has 100 billion stars. If the universe was made for us, surely that's a spectacular level of overkill? I mean, a million stars would have been more than enough. A thousand times that, a billion stars, would have been demented. A hundred times that is for what? The Milky Way would have been plenty.

The conditions that allowed life to happen here on Earth probably exist elsewhere as well.  From a purely philosophical angle, I have no difficulty with the idea that the Milky Way has billions of inhabited worlds with some of them remarkably similar to here. 

No way to prove it but statistically it seems more likely than not.

Oolon Colluphid used the example of the Babel Fish in his book "Well, that just about wraps it up for God" which seems fair enough. 

And Richard Dawkins married my favourite Dr Who companion, Lalla Ward.