St Johnstone v Rangers: Sun 18th Feb - 12:00

Expecting an vastly different game on Sunday to the one on Wednesday against County and one where I think we will need to be a lot more clinical than we have been of late.

I'd like to see Cortes in from the start for this. Despite missing a couple of good chances on Wednesday, he seems to get defenders right on the back foot.

It seems like a toss-up regarding who starts between Dessers and Silva at the moment and I wonder if Lawrence will be rested again with Jack coming back into the squad. Diomande might be an option to put in, as well as Raskin, however he seems to be a little out of favour with Clement at the moment.

90 minutes of Bigotry, horrendous VAR Decisions, obvious fouls ignored and given to the opposing side. 

It’s like being at Dens last weekend. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I'm well aware that Bobby Sands is dead, so there will be no need for any helpful reminders thanks.

Been dead for really quite a long time. Also, famously, never played football in Scotland at any level whatsoever, which really makes their enthusiasm for singing about him all the stranger. 

I know our own fans give themselves ample rope to hang themselves with on this singing of offensive and unacceptable songs but if this is the predominant - actually so far seemingly the only - train of thought from the St Johnstone boys on Sunday’s game then it just will not go away. 

They’re singing, you’re getting worked up about it. They get the reaction they’re after. 

Just deny them the oxygen of attention. Please. 

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I know our own fans give themselves ample rope to hang themselves with on this singing of offensive and unacceptable songs but if this is the predominant - actually so far seemingly the only - train of thought from the St Johnstone boys on Sunday’s game then it just will not go away. 

They’re singing, you’re getting worked up about it. They get the reaction they’re after. 

Yes, lets just let them think they have the freedom to do what they want without anyone complaining. That'll definitely help it come to an end.

As for the game?

Struggling to care. We have the type of strikers you need to get a result v the OF now, and a dour enough manager to know that sitting deep and hitting the channels is the best plan. Even with that though it feels like this will be a slog to watch.

22 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

You know what - I really, really hate bigots and the way they poision or game and indeed society. This is a wild take and in any case you'll be very well aware that St Johnstone fans aren't the target, and they won't get a 'reaction' - home fans just stay away and our lowered gate reciepts are just collateral damage in the ongoing tedium of these ghouls giving their existence meaning by hating folk for reasons that have zero relevance to their lives. 'Just shut up about it and it might go away' is apologist shite.

To talk about the football ... routine 2 or 3-goal away win unless we can shitfest a 1-1 (can't see us preventing at least one goal so will have to score to get a draw). I'd be staggered if we start with 2 strikers like last week, and I'd think Max will be back in as a starter.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Do you have the same opinion on racist/homophobic based songs?

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, lets just let them think they have the freedom to do what they want without anyone complaining. That'll definitely help it come to an end.

As for the game?

Struggling to care. We have the type of strikers you need to get a result v the OF now, and a dour enough manager to know that sitting deep and hitting the channels is the best plan. Even with that though it feels like this will be a slog to watch.

4 - 6 - 0 again?

9 hours ago, Radford said:

I'm well aware that Bobby Sands is dead, so there will be no need for any helpful reminders thanks.

Most of them will know f**k all about Bobby Sands but will join in because they are as thick as feck.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, with the novel idea of talking about the football 😂

Fly with the crows etc.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fly with the crows etc.

I’m not sure what that reference means here in the context of me poking fun at the thread getting sidetracked