Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell

On paper we should really be looking to win this, but Motherwell have scored 8 in their last 2 league games so seem to have found their shooting boots, and won at Tynecastle earlier in the season so  we will need to keep it tight as it might not be as straightforward as the form would suggest

On the other hand I saw their games against Morton and Aberdeen and they looked an absolute rabble at the back. My gameplan would simply be to put the ball directly on top of Liam Kelly at every single opportunity.

Halkett and Vargas likely out on top of the usual injuries as well, hopefully Oda is back and can come in for Vargas.

I'll go for 3-1 to us.

3 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Oh and Liam Kelly needs dropped

Oh and he won’t be. 

Who is this mythical back up keeper we have - Oxborough. Does he even exist ?

Absolutely Hearts fire in as many crosses as you can. Ideally closest to the goal line and sit back and watch the inevitable mayhem and goals ensue. 

Our defence is unlikely to be any better but our key problem as I see it is - Hearts defence is not anywhere near as bad as Ross County or Aberdeen. Most likely outcome is a Hearts win by a couple of goals or a high scoring draw 2-2. 

Would take another draw so we can try and break whatever the current top flight record is…..

We've got a top 3 attack and a bottom 3 defence - so it feels easy to predict another high scoring draw. In reality, Hearts will have too much for us - if I was betting, I'd go for 3-1 here.

It honestly doesn't feel like shuffling the defenders is going to change too much - the level of panic when an inswinger comes in from the first corner is going to be there regardless. 

At this point, the idea of keeping it tight for an hour and getting the home crowd annoyed which is the standard away game plan in our league is just a fantasy - so f**k it, gung-ho attacking for 90 minutes it is.

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

We've got a top 3 attack and a bottom 3 defence - so it feels easy to predict another high scoring draw. In reality, Hearts will have too much for us - if I was betting, I'd go for 3-1 here.

It honestly doesn't feel like shuffling the defenders is going to change too much - the level of panic when an inswinger comes in from the first corner is going to be there regardless. 

At this point, the idea of keeping it tight for an hour and getting the home crowd annoyed which is the standard away game plan in our league is just a fantasy - so f**k it, gung-ho attacking for 90 minutes it is.

We are still mostly slow to start, so probably a good strategy for 'Well. Thing is, our second halfs are good.

4 hours ago, welldaft said:

Would take another draw so we can try and break whatever the current top flight record is…..

There is also the record number of 3-3s to go for.

I fancied we wouldn't lose both of Wednesday and tomorrow but hardly saw our point in Aberdeen coming the way it did.

Suspect we'll lose by the odd goal but I wouldn't be surprised if we get something - less to do with us, more after X unbeaten Hearts are surely due a stupid one sooner or later.

19 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I fancied we wouldn't lose both of Wednesday and tomorrow but hardly saw our point in Aberdeen coming the way it did.

Suspect we'll lose by the odd goal but I wouldn't be surprised if we get something - less to do with us, more after X unbeaten Hearts are surely due a stupid one sooner or later.

This is my worry from our point of view. Rather than look like we are wobbling we are looking in a really good place but I can totally see us chucking a stinker in out of nowhere. 

Edited by Tony Wonder

41 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

This is my worry from our point of view. Rather than look like we are wobbling we are looking in a really good place but I can totally see us chucking a stinker in out of nowhere. 

^^^ shitebag

Shree-zip to the Hertz.

8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Tbf whether it's a stinker or just a slight off day that sees us mug a point, one of them in the however many games it's been is still excellent form and would have been the stuff of fantasy when the run started.

In the unlikely event of any neutrals actually watching I think it'll be a good game for them today...but with our defence you just don't back us beating anyone, especially an in-form Hearts.

17 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

My gameplan would simply be to put the ball directly on top of Liam Kelly at every single opportunity.

That would be a very good plan!

We dont win many games, but we havent been losing many either.

Tight game, both teams to score, could go either way but a draw most likely!

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

The fact the only thing that stopped us having 11 wins in a row was a draw at home to Derek Adams' Ross County is testament to that.

16 hours ago, Swello said:

A top 3 attack? I dont think any of your forwards would get into any of the top 6 sides never mind top 3.