Arbroath (10th) v ICT (8th) 24th Feb

Need a miracle to avoid league 1 now.
A very poor game but inverness were at least trying to win it in the first half but i thought a goal out of nothing for an undeserved win might keep our championship hopes alive but it wasn’t to be.

Boruc, stewart and dow were decent and reilly looked good when he came on but thats about it. Walker and robinson look junior level.

Not good enough.

Signing 800 centre halves and letting Welsh and Carson go is coming back to bite us. 2 injuries and a suspension and we’re playing Aaron Doran in midfield ffs. 

Need to finish our chances to put games like that to bed

Lovely chorus of “Gardiner get to f**k” at the end too

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Not good enough.

Signing 800 centre halves and letting Welsh and Carson go is coming back to bite us. 2 injuries and a suspension and we’re playing Aaron Doran in midfield ffs. 

Need to finish our chances to put games like that to bed

Lovely chorus of “Gardiner get to f**k” at the end too

Ferguson has dug himself into a bit of a hole with our signings in January. Kerr, Samuels and McAllister look like good signings from what I’ve seen. Also I don’t think Mullen, Savage and Carragher are bad players but they just aren’t any better than what we already had.

Defence wasn’t a big problem for us. It was creating and scoring goals and we haven’t done enough to address that.

Its really weird as his record really isn’t that bad and I think only Pepple would go down as a bad signing but the issues we had before January are still there and we are arguably weaker in midfield, certainly depth wise.

I don’t think letting Carson and Welsh go were particularly bad/wrong choices, we just haven’t replaced them.

Dodds/Robbo left us with an absolute clusterfuck of a squad but if we do end up going down it is fully on Big Dunc.

12 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Ferguson has dug himself into a bit of a hole with our signings in January. Kerr, Samuels and McAllister look like good signings from what I’ve seen. Also I don’t think Mullen, Savage and Carragher are bad players but they just aren’t any better than what we already had.

Defence wasn’t a big problem for us. It was creating and scoring goals and we haven’t done enough to address that.

Its really weird as his record really isn’t that bad and I think only Pepple would go down as a bad signing but the issues we had before January are still there and we are arguably weaker in midfield, certainly depth wise.

I don’t think letting Carson and Welsh go were particularly bad/wrong choices, we just haven’t replaced them.

Dodds/Robbo left us with an absolute clusterfuck of a squad but if we do end up going down it is fully on Big Dunc.

Didn’t think Pepple was too bad in the first half - had a few decent moments. He totally vanished in the second though.

1 minute ago, scottbamby said:

Didn’t think Pepple was too bad in the first half - had a few decent moments. He totally vanished in the second though.

In all fairness to him I was judging on the Partick and Queens Park games as I didn’t see the game today.

Full offence intended, that Arbroath team is pish. Didn’t lay a glove on us barring a freak 5 minute spell. The fact we couldn’t beat them and needed a late equaliser is an indication of what a spineless clusterfuck of a side we are. I certainly wouldn’t fancy us to win a playoff match. 

We were actually not bad in the first half, McAllister is a good wee player and we were creating a few decent chances. Our inability to take any of them is exactly why we are where we are.

The second half performance was pathetic. Stopped playing football and started playing Arbroaths game as soon as they applied themselves a wee bit. We unsurprisingly improved after Mckay came on, him and Samuel is a promising partnership.

Benching Mckay was absolute insanity. Praying Charlie Gilmour’s injury isn’t bad or we are totally gubbed

15 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah I reckon we could’ve got away with one of Carragher/Mullen and Savage tbh just to give us more depth. 

Pepple didn’t look too bad today but you can tell he’s young and quite raw.

Totally agree re. Welsh and Carson, wasn’t a bad idea to let them go but not bringing in another centre mid or two was a mistake. Worded my original post quite poorly. 

Think we had 6 games before Dunc came in, 30 games of a season is more than enough to implement your ideas and get results. If we go down, it’s on Ferguson 100%. 

7 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

We are shite, yous are just slightly less shite,,anyway see yous in Lee Guan nxt year 

Please no, I will be desperately hoping Inverness survive!  I cannot stand another season of playing them, they are the absolute bane of our existence.

Also, was there anything in the penalty claims? Billy Mckay looked absolutely convinced that Little had hand balled it

11 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

Full offence intended, that Arbroath team is pish. Didn’t lay a glove on us barring a freak 5 minute spell. The fact we couldn’t beat them and needed a late equaliser is an indication of what a spineless clusterfuck of a side we are. I certainly wouldn’t fancy us to win a playoff match. 

Benching Mckay was absolute insanity. Praying Charlie Gilmour’s injury isn’t bad or we are totally gubbed

A tad harsh with them having the amount/more injuries than us just now. From glancing in the Arbroath thread from time to time it’s not to dissimilar to us with the previous gaffer’s recruitment being utter piss. 

Reckon Mckay starting on the bench has one eye on Tuesday night tbh, he’s 34 I think and maybe not able to manage. 

15 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

I was at the other end of the pitch but i thought the first one was hand ball, 2nd one wasn’t. Would need to see the highlights though. Ref absolutely awful for both sides as always.

Clancy had a shocker, seemed to blow his whistle and it was a lottery whatever way he’d point

Edited by Central Belt Caley

Clancy is a terrible referee. He also looks permanently sad like his children's hamster has died and he's secretly more upset about it than he lets on. 

15 hours ago, RiG said:

Clancy is a terrible referee. He also looks permanently sad like his children's hamster has died and he's secretly more upset about it than he lets on. 

He is, but no worse than turn up most Saturday, more annoying is the lack of involvement of the assistants

I see we have thrown our toys out of the pram on Twitter about that penalty and I presume an Arbroath player not getting a red card for a tackle on Samuel.

I mean it should be given as a penalty and while the tackle didn’t look too bad on the highlights the picture shows is probably should be a red but ffs have a bit of class.