Hibs v Dundee

Just now, conboyhibs said:

In truth, that was a battering. Still nervy at times but would’ve been a travesty to have lost that. 

Hadn’t realised how much of a wee gimp Beck was before.

Classic Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Read the room chief ffs.

Hey, I like Dundee. Genuinely. Beck clearly hasn’t been informed of the HiDees brotherhood prior to kick off. Some odd behaviour througout.

No question the better team won.  Well done to Hibs.  I think you’re now the favourite for a top 6 finish out of Dundee and the teams below us. 

I’m disappointed that we be put in such a lacklustre  performance, especially the first half.  Too many passengers today I’m afraid. 

Edited by Shadow Play

What a signing Moriah-Welsh has been. Immensely better player than what Jeggo was. Gets stuck in and can pick a pass too.

Should have been about 3 clear, some great saves by Carson but in typical Hibs fashion we gift an equaliser. Great response and superb composure from Myziane, another terrific signing.

Always a pleasure playing Dundee and their classy support showing respect to Ron Gordon was brilliant. Thank you.

If we have to lose and if we have to drop out the top 6, then I'd rather it be Hibs than anyone else tbh. 

Hibs have a very tasty looking next 4 games with Hearts, County x 2 and Livi whilst we've got Celtic, Killie and Aberdeen then Rangers so I'd now put Hibs ahead of us as favourites for that final top 6 slot.

Can honestly say, out with the OF, Hibs have certainly been the toughest opposition I've watched in our 3 games this season.

Edited by Ludo*1

Well done Hibees, thoroughly deserved. Played well! We could have sneaked a draw but would have been robbery. Hibs are the most dangerous side we’ve faced outside old firm. Although you dominated better sides might have stole a point. Suppose that’s maybe why you’ve not picked up as many points. 

17 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

better sides might have stole a point. Suppose that’s maybe why you’ve not picked up as many points

It's because our defence has been dugmeat. Our goals against stat is an embarrassment tbqhwy.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

It's because our defence has been dugmeat. Our goals against stat is an embarrassment tbqhwy.

Have to agree your defence looked a bit shaky when Mellon and to a lesser extent Main (still not convinced by him) came on.

Don't think your defence looked at all troubled by Bakayoko though.  

7 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Have to agree your defence looked a bit shaky when Mellon and to a lesser extent Main (still not convinced by him) came on.

Don't think your defence looked at all troubled by Bakayoko though.  

On Bakayoko, I think thats why Bushiri (despite not having played properly for 8 weeks) was brought straight back in and did seem to work out.

Although some people criticise Main, I do understand why he was brought on, he ruffled some feathers and actually made a real difference to the forward play in the time he was on the park. Was also quite unlucky with one shot after a nice passage of play when he cut in from the left - Marshall was completely beaten.

I actually fucking love Dundee, not the city as that's shared with the DABs and bigot supporters but the football club and the sound as f**k supporters.

Carson had a worldie, Carson had a Zibby.   A couple of the Dee midfielders are complete pleyers too. 

I think we deserved the win in a close game, glad we played well and never won by complete shitehousery though.

Until next season my Dundonian friends 💚 💙

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

On Bakayoko, I think thats why Bushiri (despite not having played properly for 8 weeks) was brought straight back in and did seem to work out.

Although some people criticise Main, I do understand why he was brought on, he ruffled some feathers and actually made a real difference to the forward play in the time he was on the park. Was also quite unlucky with one shot after a nice passage of play when he cut in from the left - Marshall was completely beaten.

Yeh, I don’t think he’s going to bag us loads of goals but I’m hoping he’ll help create more chances.  He certainly appears to be an intelligent player so he may well help the younger players in the team.