Hibs v Dundee

One for @craigkillie. I’ve read the Law on encroachment at penalties, and I may have got it wrong, but it seems to me that with 4 Hibs players and 5 Dundee players in the box at the time that the Hibs player struck his penalty, it should have been retaken.

This is correct, but only if the referee gives it live. VAR does not intervene in such situations unless the player(s) who have encroached become actively involved in play (eg score a rebound or clear the ball).

In practice, generally anything but the most glaring encroachment is ignored by referees, presumably because there isn't really an official in place to make a good decision on it, and because it doesn't really matter.

Hibs have looked the better side in all three outings against Dundee. A deserved win and there can be no complaints.

Don't get how they've had such a bad season from what i've witnessed this season. 

It looks like it's a straight shoot out between the HiDees for sixth. 

Thank you.

Hibs worthy winners yesterday and we would have no complaints had it ended up 4 or 5. On the 3 performances against us this season I'm puzzled why we're still ahead Hibs in the league. I was concerned when I saw the line up and the first half confirmed that on this occasion the Doc got it wrong. Slight improvement in the 2nd half but any kind of result for us would have been daylight robbery.

I'm coming to the conclusion that we may be the best of the bottom 6, the next month or so will confirm that or otherwise. It's a work in progress though and whilst it's easy to be critical of the team yesterday we're in a far better position at this stage of the season than many of us thought we might be.

The big challenge for Docherty is to improve on the side again for next season with hopefully a few more signed Dundee players in the starting 11. I'm a fan of the loan system when it works as well as it has this season and I'm sure we will dip into the market again next season but ideally we'd be looking at no more than 3 or 4 loanees in the first team squad. Onwards and upwards though, a win against Killie on Saturday might just keep our top 6 ambitions alive.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Bizarrely the 3 matches against Dundee have probably been our best 3 performances under Montgomery, even the 0-0 game we should have been out of sight.

Every time I see Hibs against Dundee they look like a good side, then I look at their form and realise that's only true when they play Dundee.

The one brain fart aside, Carson was excellent.  Beck is going to be a cracking wee player. Dundee should look to get him on loan for next season as the more games he plays in a good Dundee side the better. No use him going back to playing Academy games or going on loan to some Englisher League 2 hammer throwers.

Hibs v Dundee - There will be pints.🍺