St Mirren V St Johnstone 24th February

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

The disallowed goal probably was a free kick, though could be debated either way.

Thats definitely not a VAR decision though; just down to interpretation, and should have stayed with whatever the ref decided at the time.

You see the likes of the second Thistle goal on Friday night that was wrongly disallowed (eventually).. that’s the type of howler that var was supposedly meant to rid the game of, not these marginal ones where they re-ref everything.

I actually thought it was a foul at the time. Fine margins. Once it goes to VAR you always know its not happening. 

Felt sorry for him as the finish was quality. 

Hope he scores against Ross County to make up for it. 

54 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I actually thought it was a foul at the time. Fine margins. Once it goes to VAR you always know its not happening. 

Felt sorry for him as the finish was quality. 

Hope he scores against Ross County to make up for it. 

I struggle to see what the ref saw in the replay that he didn't see in real time though. There was a nudge, everyone saw it, and he chose not to give it. The replay showed the same thing, just more slowly.

That's the worst I've seen St Johnstone play in years. Looked like a team of individuals without a gameplan. So so many bad touches, Robinson is not a wingback so stop playing him there. 

It has now got to the stage where I even said in the pub after that Crawford would make a difference to that side. That's how bad it's become, f**k you Levein and f**k you Andy Kirk.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It has now got to the stage where I even said in the pub after that Crawford would make a difference to that side. That's how bad it's become, f**k you Levein and f**k you Andy Kirk.

Looking forward to your post on Thursday 23rd May, when we travel to Cappielow and discover our midfield will be MacPherson, Kucheriavyi, Crawford and Smith (either).

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking forward to your post on Thursday 23rd May, when we travel to Cappielow and discover our midfield will be MacPherson, Kucheriavyi, Crawford and Smith (either).

I'll be 2500 miles away and probably not be giving a single f**k.

Just you remember to drive safely Captain Blackbeard.

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That's the worst I've seen St Johnstone play in years. Looked like a team of individuals without a gameplan. So so many bad touches, Robinson is not a wingback so stop playing him there. 

To be fair you played worse in the 4 nil game. However you still played really poorly. 

Levien is a shocking manager. No urgency from him at all. His teams play so negative. 

I would struggle to watch any of his teams each week. 

4 hours ago, AW saint said:

To be fair you played worse in the 4 nil game. 

Not sure that is true. 

Screenshot_20240225-200401.thumb.png.88e76d29bcb0cb2005b491563bd6f2c7.png

But even if it were true, yesterday was far more indefensible. Didn't have the same injury problems and we now have a supposedly experienced manager.

I agree with @tree house tam that it was one of the worst St Johnstone performances I can remember. Certainly as a whole. We were atrocious at Kilmarnock in the first half before Xmas but at least improved after the break.

Yesterday was pathetic.

Edited by Radford

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Not sure that is true. 

Screenshot_20240225-200401.thumb.png.88e76d29bcb0cb2005b491563bd6f2c7.png

But even if it were true, yesterday was far more indefensible. Didn't have the same injury problems and we now have a supposedly experienced manager.

I agree with @tree house tam that it was one of the worst St Johnstone performances I can remember. Certainly as a whole. We were atrocious at Kilmarnock in the first half before Xmas but at least improved after the break.

Yesterday was pathetic.

The first half on the 4-0 game was very nip and tuck. As soon as we did score though, St. Johnstone fell apart. A lot of people came away that day happy but wondering how we won 4-0.

There was no point in yesterday's match did St. Johnstone threaten us and the only real danger was that we'd shoot ourselves in the foot or have another poor day in front of goal. 2 of the registed 3 shots on target came in the 86th minute by which point the game was over.

In contrast to the 4-0 which was ultimately quote harsh, 2-0 really flattered St. Johnstone yesterday. So many players who just didn't look like they cared. Sidibeh was dangerous and raw as f**k but was so isolated. Even Nicky Clark was closer to playing a holding mid role than supporting him.

Edited by djchapsticks

There were a number of reasons that MacLean needed emptied after the 4-0 but maybe the main one was his alienating comments after games where he was lambasting the players. There was no chance he had the respect of that dressing room.

But tactically he was hopeless as well. Levein hasn't delivered much more on that front - certainly since the winter break - but at least he isn't castigating the squad at every opportunity. That, and probably a reluctance to call for another sacking, is maybe all that is saving him though.

Are Geoff Brown and Stan Harris really sitting there thinking that this guy is taking us in the right direction? I don't think anyone is demanding an overnight transformation but there surely has to be some sign of progress at all times? We are just getting worse rather than better though.