Accies v In Form Alloa

We've gone from having Cammy's freekick as a standout goal of the season winner to having 4 to choose from in the last few weeks.

I wonder if Andy and the management team are making any efforts to sign some of the squad up for next season. If Kurtis keeps his form up, I've no doubt he'll have offers from teams in the championship (one of them could be us 🤞🏼).

Good to see Devine back, wonder if he'd have played from the start if McKay was available or if Andy would have tried to ease him back in a bit more. McKay did well when he played but I think Devine and Neill are our best partnership.

Not sure if the intention was for Sammon to score, but if not then that's a nice set-piece routine for Alloa's winner. 2v1 on Kilday to let Sammon get the run on him, a block on the goalkeeper and a player ghosting in at the back post to take advantage of our man on the front post playing everyone onside at the first contact. 

That said, staying switched on at set-pieces is turning into a big issue for us. This dreadful home form has seen us concede set-piece goals against Kelty, Montrose, Annan and now Alloa. I think they've all been unmarked players scoring too, either at the second phase or second contact at set-pieces (or a short one in Kelty's case). 

Only downside on the day for me was the poor (in number ) away support , the lads that turned up were in good voice and the banter was as always  quite funny , we deserve better than that for the way the team have been playing . the home support not surprisingly was poor given who they are Etc . 

meanwhile....     Caption competition

with apologies to D Glencross

image.thumb.jpeg.56c11ddd529cc4227cb6342be9884e12.jpeg

Edited by Vegetableman

A great result yesterday and Roberts goal was a screamer! I hope Miko is ok after going off as the team has looked better for his inclusion, he protects the centre backs well by sitting in whilst others attack. I’d be interested to see how both him and Robbo got on in midfield and push Roberts further forward but I’ll leave those decisions to Andy as he has the team playing some great stuff just now. Also we looked dangerous in attack when Sammon came off the bench and Wales went out on the left. We are hitting form just at the right time so here’s hoping it continues and the physio room doesn’t become busy between now and May.

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Only downside on the day for me was the poor (in number ) away support , the lads that turned up were in good voice and the banter was as always  quite funny , we deserve better than that for the way the team have been playing . the home support not surprisingly was poor given who they are Etc . 

meanwhile....     Caption competition

with apologies to D Glencross

image.thumb.jpeg.56c11ddd529cc4227cb6342be9884e12.jpeg

So many possibilities for a caption, this could have a thread of its own!

"Here mate, you going to get your team through the play offs aye?"

A great result for Alloa yesterday, with decent goals and there's reason to be optimistic for the remainder of the season.

I find myself looking forward to AG's post match interviews as well, he seems to have the right blend of positivity while keeping it real and not sugar coating. A good skill.