Accies v In Form Alloa

Looking forward to today’s game, I’d like to think there’ll be a decent travelling support to see if we can make it five wins in a row.  
Will be a tough one, there's so much quality in Hamilton’s squad, we’ll need to be at our best today.  I’m hoping for a strong Alloa start and an early goal to get their fans on the players backs. 
We’re scoring more, conceding less and have momentum going into this.  I’d love to see us get some revenge for the doing we got in the play offs last year, albeit we were on the bones of our arse to get a team on the park for that one. 

Insipid 1st half interrupted by 2 lengthy injury stoppages for head knocks.

Alloa look better going forward than we do.

Only the 5 forward players on the bench for Rankin to choose from after Winter came on for Macdonald.

Five in a row 😁

It wasn't a great game and we really struggled to get on the ball again in midfield, a problem exacerbated by not having Scougall further up to bring some composure there. Kev worked hard but things weren't linking up really until Steven moved into that role late on. But the workrate and spirit was fantastic throughout and the team again stayed in the game and did their best with the ball we got. Terrific goal by Roberts who had a great game and it was really frustrating that we then conceded so soon. There was a spell then when it seemed sure Accies would score but we again hung in and started to find some space further up ourselves. It was fitting Robbo got the winner as he had really grown into the game as it went on. Looked like his old self! 

A draw would have been fair but maybe we deserved a break against Accies after the last two games. Have to say they are way less than the sum of their parts, so many very good players in that squad. 

Huge credit to everyone at Alloa on another great victory. Every player played their part and Andy played his hand beautifully. And there are more gears there if we get everyone fit. 

Edited by Waspie

Didn't expect much and got even less. We look so broken. Feel sorry for o'hara gave his absolute all and has to play so deep due to how we set up.

Fair play to Alloa, can have no complaints tbh. Play offs will be interesting (if we make it tbh) I posted months ago that I thought we would have a massive collapse due to Rankin and would be lucky to make fourth. Even at my most pessimistic I didn't think it could go so badly.

Time to suck it up, have a dram and hope for massive changes at our wee club. Personally, I still have faith in the new owner tbh. Size of the job will definitely take longer than he had hoped though. 

Fantastic result for Alloa great to see Roberts and Roberston with important goals. Hamilton have a good squad on paper but cannot get going at all.  Makes you wonder if we had Andy in sooner and packed away the sleeping bags v falkirk, the season could've been very different. But it is what it is let's keep it going Alloa. Come on!

26 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Didn't expect much and got even less. We look so broken. Feel sorry for o'hara gave his absolute all and has to play so deep due to how we set up.

Hard to ‘feel sorry’ for a guy who in reality is just absolutely shite at his job tbh.

We all see the game differently I guess, but take o'hara out that side and we would be a lot deeper in the shite than we are. At the very least he looked like he was up for it today.

For me the issue is a manager who can't utilise his strengths. 

Expected a draw today but 5 wins on the trot I'll take it,  Accies really are disappointment they remind me of Fawkirk a couple of seasons back

Andy must be cock a hoop with this months results and well done to the team for thier attitude and commitment,  

the run in will be quite interesting  but we have a brilliant chance to finish well in the top four .

Got to be fair to Hamilton and say we shouldn't have won but the good feeling about the place is carrying us just now.

(We should have won both earlier in the season so I'm calling it even)

@KierenAAFCcelebrating with a Maccy D's then will share the interview 😂

Yeah I thought that a draw would've been fair. Alloa look much improved from the last time they were at NDP (what a difference losing Brian Rice makes) and played through our insipid press really nicely at points. Plenty of clever passes into midfield from wide which I seem to remember being an issue against someone earlier this season (maybe Cove?) and linkups out wide. 

We kept the ball a wee bit better than we have recently and managed to get the ball into decent areas, but there was a real lack of composure in and around the box which could be put down to the lack of confidence that a run like ours will bring. I don't think the performance was bad in isolation, but it looks a hell of a lot worse when it's the third defeat in a row. 

I would also like to apologise to that p***k @LeodhasXD for disagreeing with his take in December that we were overperforming at that point. We've won three times since then. 

Probably the least convincing of our 3 performances against Hamilton this season but feel we were probably due a win. Was a period after the equaliser that I felt a 2nd was coming for Accies but other than that spell, I thought we looked the more likely. 

Having Devine back was a massive plus with McKay’s suspension today and next couple of games and I thought he and Morgan Neill were rock solid today. We did struggle defensively in the wide areas, especially down our left so wasn’t a surprise that the Hamilton goal came from that side. A few times today the Cammy looked like he was running in treacle and I would have kept Sutherland on and moved him to left back when Sammo came on and taken off Cammy - although his set piece delivery ultimately led to the winner. 

Kurtis Roberts was outstanding yet again - a superb bit of recruitment from Chipper in the summer - and delighted he’s finally got his goal, and what a way to break his duck! Superb strike from him and although it looked goal bound from the moment he hit it, Lyness seemed to go down in instalments trying to get to it, not sure if his view was obstructed. 

Jon Robertson probably the most unlikeliest of sources for a winner (don’t think he’s scored for about 6 or 7 years?!) and he only just managed to squeeze it in! Nice set piece move though and today is one of the first times this season we actually looked a bit more threatening at corners. No goals or assists for Taylor Steven today but loved the effort he showed right until full time still getting stuck in at the end. 

A perfect 5 wins from 5 games in February is a tremendous achievement for Andy and the team but it’s another huge game next week that could build in some buffer space for the playoffs. 

As @Waspie said, Hamilton definitely producing less than sum of their parts but did think O’Hara looked a threat all afternoon.