Livi Lions maul the Stags - Game of the Year

13 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

This game should not be played. It should be put to a vote.

Premiership supporters, I ask you. Next season, would you rather be able to visit the Mallard, the Caledonian, and a fucking Wimpy (with the bonus of an evening in Inverness), or have to drink in a shopping centre?

Do the right thing. Vote for Uncle Roy's brave lads.

Plenty reasons there for keeping County up, and I agree wholeheartedly with the Wimpy shout; but you don't have to drink in the shopping centre at all. Indeed, if you choose to drink in the shopping centre then you're doing it wrong. And by "it", I mean everything. You've failed at life without even having an attempt on target.

53 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

If you head into town from Maryburgh (the south) after the traffic lights there are car parks on the right.  If they are full continue over the cross roads and there is another car park on the right behind the chipper.  Failing that Tesco is next.  Shouldn't be a problem. 

Nice one Pete

I'm watching Partick against Dunfermline tonight.

Changed my mind from earlier, not afraid of Partick with that leaky defence! While County have been very poor this season, not that bad! Whether it's County or Livi in the play off final I'd bet either team would win pretty easily tbh. Even if Dundee Utd finish in play off positions, still confident as Goodwin isn't a manager! 

County detinately low on confidence, key injuries as well, as long as they avoid bottom spot in the league there is a lot of hope still. Stay positive I reckon, give Don Cowie a chance.

If the support can keep that in mind tomorrow, positive atmosphere etc etc. Even if it's a draw, I know not ideal, still a chance of staying up.

Even if it is County's time to be relegated, hope Livi stay up. Likeable team, similar to us.

Can't wait for tomorrow, there will be a lot of tension in that game! 

21 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Hearing some murmurs that Dhanda is not fit for tomorrow. Whilst it would be a blow, I feel like will need a highly combative midfield and him not playing maybe isn’t the end of the world.

Where is a decent replacement, ahem, like Kyle Turner. Not as good, but he is definately decent IMO. Thanks again Derek Adams!!! What a mess he made!

28 minutes ago, Sonam said:

I'm watching Partick against Dunfermline tonight.

Changed my mind from earlier, not afraid of Partick with that leaky defence! While County have been very poor this season, not that bad! Whether it's County or Livi in the play off final I'd bet either team would win pretty easily tbh. Even if Dundee Utd finish in play off positions, still confident as Goodwin isn't a manager! 

County detinately low on confidence, key injuries as well, as long as they avoid bottom spot in the league there is a lot of hope still. Stay positive I reckon, give Don Cowie a chance.

If the support can keep that in mind tomorrow, positive atmosphere etc etc. Even if it's a draw, I know not ideal, still a chance of staying up.

Even if it is County's time to be relegated, hope Livi stay up. Likeable team, similar to us.

Can't wait for tomorrow, there will be a lot of tension in that game! 

We've beaten Raith and Partick in the cup when we were playing shite not having won a league game since October, so aye, would fancy our chances in a play off.

15 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Where is a decent replacement, ahem, like Kyle Turner. Not as good, but he is definately decent IMO. Thanks again Derek Adams!!! What a mess he made!

Letting, Kyle Turner go on loan to a Raith FFS, a team we could face in the play offs when they knew Dhanda would be away soon! Shocking decision whoever made it. Adams? 

Before this they must have been aware Dhanda would sign a pre-contract with some team in Jan. Don't think he will be a regular in the Hearts team either, sub type player. Ironic he is injured when it appears he had taken his foot off the pedal a bit, probably to avoid injury I reckon.

If he wants to be a regular team player at Hearts, I reckon he has to give 100% for County for rest of season. Relegation doesn't look good on a CV. Trying to be positive, but some of the decisions making this season has been horrendous. If County go down, they deserve too frankly

This is the biggest game in the Premiership this weekend.

I look forward to listening to full match commentary on Sportsound, as it must be one of the live commentaries.

I'll then watch the first ten to fifteen minutes of Sportscene, as it will surely be the first match featured.

I have been drinking.

IIRC, we have a pretty decent record in this type of game over the past couple seasons. By this type of game, I mean relegation 6 pointers. Good results against United last season when it was needed, beating Hamilton at home to send them down when we could’ve gone bottom, winning on the last day when needed away at Motherwell. I know you can’t really look at these games as dependents because the squad has changed 10 fold since then, but it gives me cause for optimism.

I’d expect us to line up like this:

Wickens

Brown-Efete-Leak-Ayina-Reid

Sheaf-Loturi-King

Murray-Brophy

I don’t like the team at all, but Don’s playing the cards he’s been dealt. Murray and Brophy would cause problems for any defence in the league, and I’d be disappointed if one of them doesn’t get on the scoresheet today. The midfield is what worries me as per; it’s so lightweight. I actually thought King was okay in his few appearances thus far, so him coming back would be a bonus. I think there’ll be goals in the game today; going to stick my neck on the line and say 3-2 County. 

Tough one to call in the Highlands tbh.Livi have found their spark at long last,but County at home will always be difficult to overcome.Preverbial season definer for both I suspect.First goal if any could could be so crucial here.I reckon Livis momentum could see them sneak this,though I wouldn't put my house on it.Nerves kicking in.🤷‍♂️.

38 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Tough one to call in the Highlands tbh.Livi have found their spark at long last,but County at home will always be difficult to overcome.Preverbial season definer for both I suspect.First goal if any could could be so crucial here.I reckon Livis momentum could see them sneak this,though I wouldn't put my house on it.Nerves kicking in.🤷‍♂️.

Not sure about the first goal thing - maybe if its in the last 10 minutes but remember the last game when murray scored and we went all out for the equalizer and try for a winner.

Personally I suspect it may be cagey until the first goal then the losing side will need to go all out - could be interesting.

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

IIRC, we have a pretty decent record in this type of game over the past couple seasons. By this type of game, I mean relegation 6 pointers. Good results against United last season when it was needed, beating Hamilton at home to send them down when we could’ve gone bottom, winning on the last day when needed away at Motherwell. I know you can’t really look at these games as dependents because the squad has changed 10 fold since then, but it gives me cause for optimism.

That’s jinx talking that. If we get beat I’m coming looking for you and I will burst your drum.