Worst striker partnerships

Pretty much just stealing from the thread about great strike partnerships what is the worst partnerships your team has either started a season with or had as the main partnership across a season.

Not wanting to put rules in place for this but try to avoid just naming terrible partnerships who played 1 game together etc.

After we came out of admin the first season we tried to re-create Larsson and Sutton with John Sutton and Glen Atle Larsen. Sutton was quite a good striker, and had a very decent career but it was demoralising going from Cabalerro, Sara, Caniggia, Novo & Lovell to that.

Sutton saves that from being one of the worst though.

Jan Zemlik & Jani Sturm are up there.

Andy Ferguson & Craig O'Reilly/Steven Craig.

Colin Nish, John Baird & Mark Stewart in the top flight was brutal.

My vote goes to 40 year old Kenny Miller captaining us whilst Jean Mendy, Craig Curran & Sofien Moussa were his back-ups.

We had a run of games, just months after winning the Scottish Cup with arguably one of our best pairings (Stevie May/Steven MacLean) of having Adam Morgan play up front beside Brian Graham.

Not sure if that pairing in the top flight outstrips having Dyron Daal and John Stewart up front while chasing the First Division title.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

After we came out of admin the first season we tried to re-create Larsson and Sutton with John Sutton and Glen Atle Larsen. Sutton was quite a good striker, and had a very decent career but it was demoralising going from Cabalerro, Sara, Caniggia, Novo & Lovell to that.

Sutton saves that from being one of the worst though.

Jan Zemlik & Jani Sturm are up there.

Andy Ferguson & Craig O'Reilly/Steven Craig.

Colin Nish, John Baird & Mark Stewart in the top flight was brutal.

My vote goes to 40 year old Kenny Miller captaining us whilst Jean Mendy, Craig Curran & Sofien Moussa were his back-ups.

Was shocked that Andy Ferguson got a move to a team in a higher league. He was pish.

Cashy is a good Killie fan.

I was struggling to really think of a partnership to throw in here for us. I considered including Kabamba and Brophy in the relegation season but they did ok as a partnership even though Kabamba wasn’t great.

I don’t think Oakley and Kabamba played enough games together for me to put them in here.

Edited by Sortmeout

Years ago McLeish signed two diminutive strikers  from Admira Wacker in Austria called Mario Dorner and Franz Resch . The fans were quite excited to see what they could do , but the answer was f**k all. 

They were both absolute cack and played about three games before getting punted down south, again as a BOGOF deal. 

51 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Years ago McLeish signed two diminutive strikers  from Admira Wacker in Austria called Mario Dorner and Franz Resch . The fans were quite excited to see what they could do , but the answer was f**k all. 

They were both absolute cack and played about three games before getting punted down south, again as a BOGOF deal. 

Resch was a left back

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Cashy is a good Killie fan.

I was struggling to really think of a partnership to throw in here for us. I considered including Kabamba and Brophy in the relegation season but they did ok as a partnership even though Kabamba wasn’t great.

I don’t think Oakley and Kabamba played enough games together for me to put them in here.

I remember Ian Cashmore playing for Stirling Albion, probably something like 15 years ago and he was woefully inadequate at that level trust me. 

29 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I remember Ian Cashmore playing for Stirling Albion, probably something like 15 years ago and he was woefully inadequate at that level trust me. 

Not too sure what that has to do with him being a Killie fan but I’ll trust you.

25 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Just shows my memory ain’t what it was - I pictured the two of them playing up top against St Johnstone or someone at Fir Park.

The left back was probably miles out of position ,  but you're spot on none of the two of them were any good , just like most of the signings at that time.