Thought I would pop my head in to say "Hello" as we will more than likely be seeing you next year.

Uncle Albert

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lowenan said:

Elgin and Clyde won today. Will be a tense finish, but Elgin and Forfar, both in a decent situation. 

Clyde’s result was huge today. Bonnyrigg are on a really bad run, and could be the most likely at this moment to finish bottom.

On 21/02/2024 at 11:05, onecowden said:

Chin up guys. You aren’t down yet. If it does happen the Lowland League is actually ok. I do concede I’d rather be in the SPFL. However I still have a club to support and I’m  still hoping things improve and we can get back up. As someone said it’s the hope that kills you. 

This is what supporting your team is all about, the bad times and the good times.   The LL is a hard league and many games are actually enjoyable

If the pyramid workings was right then we'd have teams having the highs of promotion and lows of relegation but everything is in each teams hands, run the correct and best way, they should be moving up, not run well and problems then they could go down.
I'm sure it was hurting being relegated into the Lowland league after many years in the SPFL but it isnt that bad and there is always hope that one year, your team could get it together and move up divisions again   🥳

On 16/03/2024 at 17:14, lowenan said:

Elgin and Clyde won today. Will be a tense finish, but Elgin and Forfar, both in a decent situation. 

Months ago I genuinely thought that Clyde were a dead cert to go down but now, there’s a few who could finish last.  Agreed think it will go right to the end and I just couldn’t call it 

38 minutes ago, Peechy said:

Months ago I genuinely thought that Clyde were a dead cert to go down but now, there’s a few who could finish last.  Agreed think it will go right to the end and I just couldn’t call it 

Same here. Looked like Clyde were a sure thing for bottom, but they got Jordan Allan on loan. He always looked like he would bang in the goals at the lower levels. Unfortunately, when he was with Cowden, we had clueless Bollan in charge and Allan didn't get a proper chance. I think it's six goals in four games now for him. Clyde have what should be a couple of tough games coming up, but it looks like Spartans and Peterhead have already assumed they won't be caught. If Clyde gets some points from the next two matches they will be in with a decent chance of catching Stranraer or Bonnyrigg. The latter two play each other in a few weeks as well.

6 minutes ago, PELE said:

Same here. Looked like Clyde were a sure thing for bottom, but they got Jordan Allan on loan. He always looked like he would bang in the goals at the lower levels. Unfortunately, when he was with Cowden, we had clueless Bollan in charge and Allan didn't get a proper chance. I think it's six goals in four games now for him. Clyde have what should be a couple of tough games coming up, but it looks like Spartans and Peterhead have already assumed they won't be caught. If Clyde gets some points from the next two matches they will be in with a decent chance of catching Stranraer or Bonnyrigg. The latter two play each other in a few weeks as well.

Even just reading this reply it sounds more exciting a finish at the end of the season and think the playoffs will be brill which I intend to watch 👍

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Heard one of the mentioned clubs due to financing would rather be playing in the LL.

2 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

the wee rose?

They wouldn't need to bother about getting their ground up to bronze level if they went down so you never know. I imagine a few LL sides will be worried if Stranraer went down with the travelling costs.

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

They wouldn't need to bother about getting their ground up to bronze level if they went down so you never know. I imagine a few LL sides will be worried if Stranraer went down with the travelling costs.

You only go there once.....

42 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Too late.

image.png.7a7a43d0db8a1b4356816ca9d560c0dd.png

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

You only go there once.....

Last season I was speaking to someone at a club who was speaking about having a right long trip the following week Gretna god know what they would think about going to Stranraer.

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

Doubt it, they seem happy with the income boost and have plans to reinvest. I'd probably say Stranraer if I was guessing

I suspect Stranraer would have serious problems attracting players if they went down to the LL. It was bad enough for Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers.

1 hour ago, rockson said:

I suspect Stranraer would have serious problems attracting players if they went down to the LL. It was bad enough for Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers.

It might open up some better players who can't manage their work around a League 2 calender but it find it easier to play LL, maybe on less money too

8 hours ago, Peechy said:

When this thread started Clyde were 11 points behind Bonnyrigg and 8 points behind Stranraer, having played a game more than both.

Since then Clyde have taken 9 points from 4 games while Stranraer have taken 4 from 5 and Bonnyrigg just 1 from 5.

With Stranraer playing both of the other two in the next three weeks it's going to be compelling. And before the pyramid, these would all have been meaningless games.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 23.03.40.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 23.04.16.png