Hearts v Hibs

On the game, watched the highlights back and I think a draw was about fair enough. Hibs had a very good start and we had to weather the storm a bit but after we equalised Hibs had an immediate flurry and then it died down and as much as it felt nervy Clark never had an awful lot to do. If a team can feel hard done by it's probably Hibs, but we also had decent chances and were let down by not having composure in the final third.

First half Hibs were the better team, second it was much more even and either team could've nicked it if they'd had a bit calmness about them.

32 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

But referees are not the only factor in a match.

The penalty doesn't happen if Fish does his job. Hibs have defended poorly all season, and this is another example of it. I don't mind people highlighting errors, but I think there's a lack of balance.

This kind of shite is why we got VAR. Coaches and players should acknowledge that it's not all the referee's fault. If Fish clears his lines, Hibs maybe win the game. He opened the door to the problem by defending poorly. I'd imagine that will have been noted behind closed doors, but simply moaning about the decision in public is pure PR and is what has led to ruining the game.

and shaping the way VAR has developed where everything is a technicality and decision making is slower. Referees are trying to cover themselves.  

38 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm not. I've repeatedly said it's not a penalty.

But referees are not the only factor in a match.

The penalty doesn't happen if Fish does his job. Hibs have defended poorly all season, and this is another example of it. I don't mind people highlighting errors, but I think there's a lack of balance.

This kind of shite is why we got VAR. Coaches and players should acknowledge that it's not all the referee's fault. If Fish clears his lines, Hibs maybe win the game. He opened the door to the problem by defending poorly. I'd imagine that will have been noted behind closed doors, but simply moaning about the decision in public is pure PR and is what has led to ruining the game.

Fish has sold a goal at Tynecastle with ridiculous errors in successive seasons now. Hibs lost the last derby because Bushiri didn't do his job and clear his lines in injury time. But it's all the ref's fault, poor Hibs.

I'm not saying it's all the referees fault, I just feel that the analysis of poor defending in relation to the (in our shared view) incorrect award of the penalty is a bit of a moot point when discussing the validity of the decision itself.

Edited by AJF

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Should have won, by far the better team, by far the better footballer.  Scandalous decision for the penalty,  just like in Aberdeen.

Pretty much but I’m sure you’ll get an essay on how hibs defensive performances across the season justify honking refereeing decisions. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not saying it's all the referees fault, I just feel that the analysis of poor defending in relation to the (in our view) incorrect award of the penalty is a bit of a moot point when discussing the validity of the decision itself.

That's right, if you think the only thing that should be discussed is refereeing. I understand that's the culture these days.

I apply this equally to decisions going against Hearts. You should really be looking at the whole picture. What happened in the game?

We discussed the Rangers penalty against Hearts earlier in the season. For all that I don't think that decision gets given at the other end, we agreed at the time it was terrible defending from Haring and a dreadful decision to grab his opponent, and Naismith had asked for it by taking Hearts so deep, so early, inviting pressure and opening the door to an incident like that. The analysis of a match should consist of morethan  just refereeing.

You can't reasonably discuss this incident without noticing that it's appalling defending from Fish. He completely switches off in his own box. As mentioned above, he cost Hibs a goal at Tynecastle last season too. Bushiri did it last time. Montgomery wants the narrative to be that Hibs are hard done by in relation to referees. The fact is this team defends poorly all the time. That's why they don't win.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's right, if you think the only thing that should be discussed is refereeing. I understand that's the culture these days.

I apply this equally to decisions going against Hearts. You should really be looking at the whole picture. What happened in the game?

We discussed the Rangers penalty against Hearts earlier in the season. For all that I don't think that decision gets given at the other end, we agreed at the time it was terrible defending from Haring and a dreadful decision to grab his opponent, and Naismith had asked for it by taking Hearts so deep, so early, inviting pressure and opening the door to an incident like that. The analysis of a match should consist of more just refereeing.

You can't reasonably discuss this incident without noticing that it's appalling defending from Fish. He completely switches off in his own box. As mentioned above, he cost Hibs a goal at Tynecastle last season too. Bushiri did it last time. Montgomery wants the narrative to be that Hibs are hard done by in relation to referees. The fact is this team defends poorly all the time.

Aye, I do appreciate that. And I don't mean to suggest the poor defending should be dismissed, I just don't believe it should have any bearing or interaction with the viewpoint that the penalty was wrongly awarded.

Maybe I'd picked you up wrong, I had perceived what you were saying as some kind of "Hibs only have themselves to blame for the penalty as they were punished due to their poor defending" viewpoint, which I appreciate now may not be the case.

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts would be within their rights to cut the allocation. It's been getting steadily worse for years. That was ridiculous tonight. I think Shankland, Fraser, and Kent were all hit by things chucked from behind the goal. Just the ones I noticed.

Interesting to see how Hibs respond if we do cut theirs. We could sell the tickets no bother, I'm not sure Hibs could, but their fans would insist they reciprocate.

I'd be surprised if tonight goes unremarked on by the club.

I would totally understand hearts  cutting the allocation if I’m honest. I was just behind the goals and the fear on both the hearts players and fans was really worrying. It’s a drastic step as it would really impact the atmosphere, similar to the old firm derby now. Fear is a powerful emotion and the hearts board, much like their players and fans last night may succumb to it.

With the Hibs support being as physically capable as it is the army would have called in to stop us if we decided to just take over the stadium(I’m glad we decided against doing that btw as believe me it was being seriously considered after the penalty.

As for the objects being Thrown from our end there was  guy next to me that got kicked out for throwing a can of red bull at the hearts goal keeper. You’re lucky if that was 2 minutes after kick off. I wasn’t slow in berating the guy as the cops led him out.

how did he miss the goalie from that distance ?

7 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I would totally understand hearts  cutting the allocation if I’m honest. I was just behind the goals and the fear on both the hearts players and fans was really worrying. It’s a drastic step as it would really impact the atmosphere, similar to the old firm derby now. Fear is a powerful emotion and the hearts board, much like their players and fans last night may succumb to it.

With the Hibs support being as physically capable as it is the army would have called in to stop us if we decided to just take over the stadium(I’m glad we decided against doing that btw as believe me it was being seriously considered after the penalty.

As for the objects being Thrown from our end there was  guy next to me that got kicked out for throwing a can of red bull at the hearts goal keeper. You’re lucky if that was 2 minutes after kick off. I wasn’t slow in berating the guy as the cops led him out.

Studying Back To School GIF by Kohl's

15 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Was your profile photo taken just prior to this one?

Neil Lennon has COIN thrown at his face in HORRIFIC fan scenes at Hearts vs  Hibernian | Football | Sport | Express.co.uk

Please note that I do not condone throwing objects at anyone, even a goading, smug faced, Neil Lennon.

Edited by Mr. X

2 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Was your profile photo taken just prior to this one?

Neil Lennon has COIN thrown at his face in HORRIFIC fan scenes at Hearts vs  Hibernian | Football | Sport | Express.co.uk

Please note that I do not condone throwing objects at anyone, even a goading, smug faced, Neil Lennon.

One's at Ibrox, one's at your shit tip.

10 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

Shit tip isn't half accurate. That new stand leaking all over the fans in the bottom corner was hilarious viewing. 

1 win in 14 though, come on, what's funnier?

On the subject of missiles being thrown: if you’re the sort of person who enjoys wearing blackface and peddling anti-vaxxer rhetoric online, you should be thankful it’s only pies coming your way.

We  were utterly stinking last night and Hibs still couldn't beat us, and didn't even look like doing it either, it was a pretty comfortable night for the defence really, apart from that header which was missed at the back post, that should have been buried, I guess that's what you get when you order Salah from Wish. Hibs won't get a better chance than that one as we won't be that bad at home against them again for long enough. 

As for ourselves, Naisy got that all wrong last night, leaving Beni on the bench was madness when we needed to win the midfield, and only the Hoff, Forrest, Clark and Kent, got passmarks over the full 90. I've genuinely no idea what Fraser brings to the table and I would be seriously disappointed if we ended up signing this lad with what he's shown so far, nowhere near good enough. 

I was looking forward to the 3 games against Rangers, Hibs, and Celtic, but now I'm dreading Sunday as we've hit a flat spot. 

Still, it's 21 points of a lead over the wee team though, and there's not a chance in hell that's getting overturned

Happy Hearts Fc GIF by Heart of Midlothian

Oh, and Hibs fans claiming any other teams players are divers is the ultimate piss take, the ultimate pot calling the kettle black 🤣

Remember when Boyle was clean through in the first half and all of a sudden realised he's getting older now and has lost 2 yards of pace, so threw himself to the ground in a desperate attempt to make it look like he was denied a clear goal scoring opportunity? :lol:

Just now, Galajambo said:

Oh, and Hibs fans claiming any other teams players are divers is the ultimate piss take, the ultimate pot calling the kettle black 🤣

Remember when Boyle was clean through in the first half and all of a sudden realised he's getting older now and has lost 2 yards of pace, so threw himself to the ground in a desperate attempt to make it look like he was denied a clear goal scoring opportunity? :lol:

That last ACL has robbed Boyle of a ton of his pace to be fair.