Hearts v Hibs

I'll be 

Just now, johnnydun said:

Disappointed in the Hibs support tonight.

I thought at least 1 item would've hit the huge target that is Shankland's heid.

Interbreeding doesn't help their throw.

image.png.df37f7af61266db9f8c1e6a1ac981ab7.png

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts would be within their rights to cut the allocation. It's been getting steadily worse for years. That was ridiculous tonight. I think Shankland, Fraser, and Kent were all hit by things chucked from behind the goal. Just the ones I noticed.

Interesting to see how Hibs respond if we do cut theirs. We could sell the tickets no bother, I'm not sure Hibs could, but their fans would insist they reciprocate.

I'd be surprised if tonight goes unremarked on by the club.

I honestly think we have to consider it. Someone will get hurt.

I'd advocate the same for our fans at ER being banned if we done the same. 

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I honestly think we have to consider it. Someone will get hurt.

I'd advocate the same for our fans at ER being banned if we done the same. 

Mad thing is that if we do, Hearts will get stick for persecuting away fans.

We let Celtic fans away with chucking stuff and literally assaulting minimum wage staff* regularly for years, and they still kid on to be hard done by.

* until we became too good guy to have such a thing.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, JamieThomas said:

No really any point greeting on here about Hibs fans, most of them are good c***s who wouldn't do it so the outrage/shame machine doesn't work.

Tell the club though. We're supposed to own it.

True. But equally wouldn't be feeling very honest if I never said it was a joke in the context of the game.

24 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

True. But equally wouldn't be feeling very honest if I never said it was a joke in the context of the game.

I will say the whole "haha Shankland ate a pie thrown at him lol" reporting is weird. Is it funny or bad that players get objects thrown at them? Is there a weight/density calculation when it doesn't become funny? Pie - hahahaha. Pound coin - oh god no

Edited by JamieThomas
i've had a lager

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts would be within their rights to cut the allocation. It's been getting steadily worse for years. That was ridiculous tonight. I think Shankland, Fraser, and Kent were all hit by things chucked from behind the goal. Just the ones I noticed.

Interesting to see how Hibs respond if we do cut theirs. We could sell the tickets no bother, I'm not sure Hibs could, but their fans would insist they reciprocate.

I'd be surprised if tonight goes unremarked on by the club.

Cut our allocation if it makes you feel better. 

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Pretty horrendous penalty decision. The Hibs player actually pulls his swinging leg out of the challenge.

The fact it wasn’t overturned is a bit worrying if that’s deemed worth of a penalty.

I have a mate who is a ref (not top level) and none of his ref group thought it was a pen - it was certainly in doubt, hence the VAR operators sent him to look at the monitor - and their only conclusion was that Clancy simply didnt want to change his onfield decision.

One of them actually said that Vargas should have got a yellow for diving.............

Taking detailed notes so I can understand in future that pointing out that two, antagonistic groups of people did exactly the same thing at exactly the same time in exactly the same location is in fact "whataboutery".

The mature reaction is to say "they started it" or "look they definitely did it more" and "the derby is no longer safe unless we cut the allocation".

Never change lads

Absolute rubbish game like 95% of Derbies. The usual thud and blunder and neither side are particularly good. No surprise the weegies absolutely ragdoll both these teams. 

Missile throwers in both crowds need to GTFO. Fed up with this shite and "Aye but they're worse than us" garbage. This has been going on for more than just this game. Every single Derby the young team regardless of club come in pished or with their noses full of gak and do stupid stuff in the stadium and it's becoming really tiresome.

It’s maybe not surprising that Hibs relayed a statement via the press yesterday about reducing Rangers and Celtic’s allocation at Easter Road due to fan behaviour. Being cynical, one might suggest they were trying to get ahead of the story in regards to their own fan behaviour at Tynecastle.

Edited by AJF

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s maybe not surprising that Hibs related a statement via the press yesterday about reducing Rangers and Celtic’s allocation at Easter Road due to fan behaviour. Being cynical, one might suggest they were trying to get ahead of the story in regards to their own fan behaviour at Tynecastle.

Hibs didnt release a statement. There was an article in the paper about our new investors. A question was asked at the AGM by a shareholder about the continued Sectarian behaviour by both Glasgow clubs, and the journo asked about it.

As an aside, some Hibs fans at Tynecastle are an embarrassment, coked up wee p***ks who should be arrested for chucking stuff. That is as illegal as the singing from both Glasgow clubs.

I would suggest that points deductions (for all these type of offences) are required, but the clubs wont do that.

This is an excerpt from the article about your club - 

Hibees have become fed up of repeated use of pyrotechnics when the big two are in the capital, as well as sectarian singing.

City rivals Hearts have cut away allocations to around 600 to every club bar Hibs and Kensell was asked if the Leith outfit could go down the same route:

He said: “There was a very clear view that came from the floor. We heard that and will act appropriately, once we’ve had a chance to discuss it It’s our prerogative in the SPFL to reduce allocations, if we wish."

“Up to this point we haven’t. It’s our prerogative if we want to do that if we want to. We’ll discuss it with the clubs in question. That’s all I’ve got to say on that.”

Asked about how sectarian singing can be stamped out, Kensell said:

“I think clubs should get together. I think we, as clubs, should discuss it before taking it to league level.

“I think it’s something that we, as a collective, need to understand. How can we eradicate this from our game? Because it should be about what happens on the pitch.”

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

As an aside, some Hibs fans at Tynecastle are an embarrassment, coked up wee p***ks who should be arrested for chucking stuff. That is as illegal as the singing from both Glasgow clubs.

I would suggest that points deductions (for all these type of offences) are required, but the clubs wont do that.

Yeah to clarify my previous post it's obviously incredibly shitty to throw anything, dangerous or not, onto the pitch. 

Exception for scarves or season tickets as a protest as that is always very funny

3 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Yeah to clarify my previous post it's obviously incredibly shitty to throw anything, dangerous or not, onto the pitch. 

Exception for scarves or season tickets as a protest as that is always very funny

And coconuts.

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hibs didnt release a statement. There was an article in the paper about our new investors. A question was asked at the AGM by a shareholder about the continued Sectarian behaviour by both Glasgow clubs, and the journo asked about it.

This is an excerpt from the article about your club - 

Hibees have become fed up of repeated use of pyrotechnics when the big two are in the capital, as well as sectarian singing.

City rivals Hearts have cut away allocations to around 600 to every club bar Hibs and Kensell was asked if the Leith outfit could go down the same route:

He said: “There was a very clear view that came from the floor. We heard that and will act appropriately, once we’ve had a chance to discuss it It’s our prerogative in the SPFL to reduce allocations, if we wish."

“Up to this point we haven’t. It’s our prerogative if we want to do that if we want to. We’ll discuss it with the clubs in question. That’s all I’ve got to say on that.”

Asked about how sectarian singing can be stamped out, Kensell said:

“I think clubs should get together. I think we, as clubs, should discuss it before taking it to league level.

“I think it’s something that we, as a collective, need to understand. How can we eradicate this from our game? Because it should be about what happens on the pitch.”

Aye, it just seems odd that this article appeared in the press a whole week after the AGM in the hours before the Hearts game where they no doubt anticipated crowd issues.