What grounds have you never seen your team win at?

21 hours ago, Comrie said:

McDiarmid Park I have never seen County beat St. Johnstone there in person, but I have seen us win challenge cups there. 

I think ive seen you win a cup there too, also seen ICT win a trophy at McDiarmid. Missed our trophy lift there so never seen Saints win a trophy at home but seen two other teams do it without Saints involved. Feels a quirk of sorts?

Also seen is win a trophy at Dens with Dundee being involved, and seen victories at Ibrox and Parkhead without Celtic or Rangers being involved.

ICT fans have been right royally spoiled for the past 30 years. And we’re paying for it now…

The only grounds in the entire SPFL where I have seen ICT fail to win are East Fife, Stranraer and Ainslie.

Spoiler

Stranraer and Ainslie were draws in the Scottish, the latter was when Ed City were tenants. Haven’t played Spartans yet. Only played once at New Bayview and lost, but we’ve won at the old park.

Still to see ICT play at Bonnyrigg, Elgin, Peterheid, Annan and Dumbarton.

I’ve also seen them at 

Spoiler

Buckie Keith Inverurie Clach Brechin Cowden Old Bayview Gretna Love Street Brockville Cliftonhill Firs Park Ness FC and Goathill, all wins and Boghead where we lost to Bankies

I’ve also got 3 wins at Ibrox and 1 at Parkheid.

18 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

ICT fans have been right royally spoiled for the past 30 years. And we’re paying for it now…

The only grounds in the entire SPFL where I have seen ICT fail to win are East Fife, Stranraer and Ainslie.

Reveal hidden contents

Stranraer and Ainslie were draws in the Scottish, the latter was when Ed City were tenants. Haven’t played Spartans yet. Only played once at New Bayview and lost, but we’ve won at the old park.

Still to see ICT play at Bonnyrigg, Elgin, Peterheid, Annan and Dumbarton.

I’ve also seen them at 

Reveal hidden contents

Buckie Keith Inverurie Clach Brechin Cowden Old Bayview Gretna Love Street Brockville Cliftonhill Firs Park Ness FC and Goathill, all wins and Boghead where we lost to Bankies

I’ve also got 3 wins at Ibrox and 1 at Parkheid.

Decent. 

I'm at 7 at Ibrox and 1 at Parkhead. 

Well, 8 at Ibrox if you count winning the cup there.

Dundee fan here...

Tynecastle (3 visits) 

Easter Road (3 visits)

Tannadice (must be near 10 by now)

Ibrox (3) 

Parkhead (1)

Pittodrie (3)

Falkirk (1) 

Bayview (1) 

Airdrie (1) 

Could go on for a while yet 

Just now, LM_0803 said:

Dundee fan here...

Tynecastle (3 visits) 

Easter Road (3 visits)

Tannadice (must be near 10 by now)

Ibrox (3) 

Parkhead (1)

Pittodrie (3)

Falkirk (1) 

Bayview (1) 

Airdrie (1) 

Could go on for a while yet 

Oh, new Douglas Park and starks Park spring to mind

2 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Oh, new Douglas Park and starks Park spring to mind

Cappielow, QP (ochilview) and gayfield too, all last season. QOTS 4-3 defeat in 2013 and Cove 3-1 defeat last season as well. 

Think I should just stay away 

Edited by LM_0803

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Decent. 

I'm at 7 at Ibrox and 1 at Parkhead. 

Well, 8 at Ibrox if you count winning the cup there.

Aye, also decent. I’ve actually got P7, W3, D3, L1 at Ibrox. Wish I hadn’t bothered the last time on Xmas Eve 2016. Lost 1-0 with Foran’s team and got relegated that season, never to return, so far.

Premiership

Rangers, Hearts, Ross County

Spoiler

Have never seen Ayr play away to Celtic, St Johnstone & Aberdeen. 

Championship

Inverness

Spoiler

N/A

League one

Queen of the South

Spoiler

Have never seen Ayr away to Cove Rangers, Kelty Hearts & Edinburgh City. 

League two 

N/A

Spoiler

Have never seen Ayr away to Spartans & Bonnyrigg Rose. 

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Aye, also decent. I’ve actually got P7, W3, D3, L1 at Ibrox. Wish I hadn’t bothered the last time on Xmas Eve 2016. Lost 1-0 with Foran’s team and got relegated that season, never to return, so far.

In my defence, we've only won once at Parkhead since 1955!

Even before Rangers went bust we'd a very good record there,

This list will be mainly restricted to Premiership, but I'll try to think of all the grounds I've been to. Premiership grounds first:

Aberdeen - never been, although I'm going up for the cup game a week on Saturday. I'll leave this for now.

Celtic - been to Celtic Park on two occasions, once for a 2-0 defeat under Allan Johnston's tenure that proved to be the beginning of the end for him, and the other time was for the Scotland v England game where they won 3-1 and Robertson scored his first Scotland goal. Not a good record for me.

Dundee - been once for a Scottish Cup tie and despite being up 1-0 we drew 1-1 and beat Dundee in the replay at RP. That's a no, then.

Hearts - umpteen times. A very happy hunting ground and one of the best stadiums in the country.

Hibs - been many a time, but only witnessed one Killie win on the last day of the season ten years ago that kept us out of the playoffs. A cracking day.

Livingston - yes, but many moons ago when either Paul Lambert or Richard Gough was in charge of Livi.

Motherwell - the first ever away day I was taken to was at Motherwell, and it was a 2-1 win for Killie on New Year's Day in 1999. Seen a few wins there.

Rangers - no. Been three times for Killie games and the best I've been at was the 1-1 draw where Chris Burke scored the late equaliser in Steve Clarke's first game in charge. Was at Ibrox for the 1997 SCF so at least I've seen my team win at Ibrox, but I won't count that since it was a neutral venue.

Ross County - never been to a game there despite having visited the stadium before. Would like to experience the full Dingwall away day at some point.

St. Johnstone - yes. One of my least-favourite away days, so not much to say here.

St. Mirren - yes, both at Love Street and the current ground. Miss that big steep away stand, the current facilities are good but the rake on the stands is too shallow for my liking and it's not always the easiest to see what's going on up the far end of the park even in the back few rows.

Of the grounds I've been to that are currently Premiership grounds, that's three I've not seen wins at. Now for the rest of the leagues, as best as I can remember:

Airdrie: yes

Ayr United: yes

Dundee United: yes

Dunfermline: yes

Morton: yes

ICT: no (went once, last year for the cup quarter final debacle. May be a while before I get a chance to break this particular hoodoo)

Partick Thistle: yes

Falkirk: yes

Hamilton: yes

Queen of the South: yes

Dumbarton: yes

The Spartans: yes

Overall, I'd say my record isn't too bad at most places I've been to. We'll see if my good record continues in the Scottish Cup.

Edited by Andy_K_97
Can't count. Idiot.

On 26/02/2024 at 12:03, capt_oats said:

Most of our recent games there have been draws but the last win was August 2021. Grimmy's only goal for us.

Of our last 10 games at Livi we've won 3 (one of those was in the Covid season), drawn 4 and lost 3. 

Thankfully I can now cross Livingston off my short list. The Chicken Balmoral pie was braw too.

Livingston is the only one in the Premiership that I’ve been to and not seen us win. Have witnessed a 2-1 defeat under Glass, the VAR penalty roulette game under Goodwin and a 0-0 season opener under Robson. I’m counting Celtic Park as I’ve seen us win the League Cup there. Never been to Dingwall.

In the lower leagues, I’m 0/1 at Starks Park. Come to think of it, Tannadice would’ve been on the list until March last year. 

Out of the grounds i've been to, Victoria Park, Ibrox and Celtic Park are the only 3 i've not seen us win at.

We've been through every division a couple of times and have visited 29 of the current 42 grounds, but haven't been to Dundee, Killie, Ayr, Inverness, Arbroath, Cove Rangers, Kelty Hearts, Montrose, Stranraer, Elgin, Spartans, Bonnyrigg Rose, and Peterhead. Some of those came into the SPFL after we had been in the bottom 2 tiers.