WoSFL Cup R4 results and Quarter Final Draw

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

My question was about cup finals being held at Broadwood. Frankly, only office bearers are concerned about where office bearers meet. That venue should not automatically equate to where the finals are held.

The facilities at Broadwood are top notch, to be honest, the only drawback is the location and the transport links. If there was a facility in central Glasgow that was as welcoming and accomodating as Broadwood has been, then that would be ideal. Unfortunately there isn't.

49 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Before this it didn't seem like there was a stampede of clubs willing to host. They've been able to fix a venue that they know can host. Probably got a deal on it. Now don't have to go cap in hand scrounging for a venue. 

Where inevitably the same sort of clubs end up hosting and it gets seen as favouritism. 

There are a handful of grounds which are suitable for finals and have been used over the years. Maybe the weekly attending fans can give their opinion on what they would prefer. Although consulting fans is maybe a silly idea.

45 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The facilities at Broadwood are top notch, to be honest, the only drawback is the location and the transport links. If there was a facility in central Glasgow that was as welcoming and accomodating as Broadwood has been, then that would be ideal. Unfortunately there isn't.

Fair enough but I would have thought location is one of, if not THE major factor in deciding a venue.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

There are a handful of grounds which are suitable for finals and have been used over the years. Maybe the weekly attending fans can give their opinion on what they would prefer. Although consulting fans is maybe a silly idea.

Fair enough but I would have thought location is one of, if not THE major factor in deciding a venue.

It's all about equality and fairness. Broadwood is shite for a everybody. Watch this thread ignite if the mighty BA get to the final against an Ayrshire team.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's all about equality and fairness. Broadwood is shite for a everybody. Watch this thread ignite if the mighty BA get to the final against an Ayrshire team.

Shotts is a "Glesga team" so it's better for you.

10 minutes ago, Shanner said:

For context, nobody on here has ever been happy about a final venue or kick off time ever. 

Nah. There is always someone who moans but I don't know of anywhere so universally disagreed on as Broadwood. It's notorious throughout Scottish football. 

But they are nice to the office bearers though.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Name them.

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Nah. There is always someone who moans but I don't know of anywhere so universally disagreed on as Broadwood. It's notorious throughout Scottish football. 

But they are nice to the office bearers though.

It has no major commercial tenant after Clyde left. It's a stadium that knows how to handle crowds lucky to break 100 into the thousands. Broadwood suddenly becoming the primary venue for finals for the SJC, SCC, and WOSFL has nothing to do with them being nice. It ticks all the boxes required and relatively cheap.

46 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It has no major commercial tenant after Clyde left. It's a stadium that knows how to handle crowds lucky to break 100 into the thousands. Broadwood suddenly becoming the primary venue for finals for the SJC, SCC, and WOSFL has nothing to do with them being nice. It ticks all the boxes required and relatively cheap.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

^^^^^

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Half an hour is "complete silence" ? Compare that to the multiple weeks of convenient silence from you when given a direct question that you find a bit awkward, lol.

You're really brave lol

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Missed the crappy plastic surface too.  

so far we have  

location being poor 

transport links being poor 

pitch not real grass

Also, is there any real need for the expense of the office etc…if part of the pyramid why do hampden not give office space with the rest of the SFA offices in there? Or is the pyramid only there on paper and no further forward than under the SJFA? 

pS I also don’t agree with the SJFA hosting the final there either. Is there any club that actually wants or likes finals be based at broadwood? 

I went to the development cup final, unsure what cup it was, Darvel were in it. I never enjoyed the experience at all. Surely better giving it to one of the better league grounds than broadwood. 

but facilities are good? What facilities the offices? Did you offer the likes of Irvine Meadow a chance to host again? Even the likes of Pollok or Talbot they are well geared up for finals.  I know Talbot host the ayrshire amateur cup normally.  

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think Clyde were more like squatters than commercial tenants.

Just now, Casper Wilson said:

As the font of all knowledge, I thought you'd be the person to ask.

Did you, aye?

Well rhubarb has done the job for me. Read up. There have been numerous WoSFL grounds which have staged finals, as you probably know.

29 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Did you, aye?

Well rhubarb has done the job for me. Read up. There have been numerous WoSFL grounds which have staged finals, as you probably know.

It might have been easier if you'd just said you don't know.

But here's one I know you won't be able to answer. Name one cup final venue where nobody moaned about it?

My eyes ur bleeding readin this. Jim is totally right here. Huv a final cos they give you a decent office, frig the fans. 

Pollok Irvine Meadow Winton Park Kilbirnie Talbot Cumnock Beith Rutherglen Darvel  - All gid gruns capable o hosting finals. Depending on who’s in them. 

A Fans Criteria - Decent transport links, Grass surface, Partial cover (minimum). 

WoSFL criteria - Cheap office to rent , gid facilities (for who - not the fans).

This might seem harsh but that’s wit it looks like. If Glensmad can offer any other reason then I’m happy to accept but that is a disgrace to the WoSFL clubs, money piling out the game. 

Bloody bonkers. 

Edited by Ben10