WoSFL Cup R4 results and Quarter Final Draw

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Also, is there any real need for the expense of the office etc…if part of the pyramid why do hampden not give office space with the rest of the SFA offices in there? Or is the pyramid only there on paper and no further forward than under the SJFA? 

Why do you think the SFA would give them office space rent-free? 

Do the SPFL & SJFA enjoy free offices? I doubt it.

31 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

If Glensmad can offer any other reason then.....

You see, this is why the vast majority of the WoSFL Board avoid this forum.

I, on the other hand, try occasionally to be informative, and correct mis-information where I see it being posted. Most times, though, that leads to a debate and somebody challenging me to justify this or that or the next thing.

The WoSFL Board is elected by the clubs, with representatives proposed and seconded by the 80 member clubs. That is really who the Board answer to, I have no need to justify decisions on here, although as I said on occasion I try to do so to be helpful. Usually it leads to some sort of negativity, but hey, I expect that.

As for Broadwood, as far as I am aware, not one single club has raised an issue with the league about the offices being located there, nor have the clubs complained about the finals being there.

The clubs have the power to change things, so if you're not happy then lobby your clubs to raise a proposal to change things.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I, on the other hand, try occasionally to be informative, and correct mis-information where I see it being posted. Most times, though, that leads to a debate and somebody challenging me to justify this or that or the next thing.

The WoSFL Board is elected by the clubs, with representatives proposed and seconded by the 80 member clubs. That is really who the Board answer to, I have no need to justify decisions on here, although as I said on occasion I try to do so to be helpful. Usually it leads to some sort of negativity, but hey, I expect that.

As for Broadwood, as far as I am aware, not one single club has raised an issue with the league about the offices being located there, nor have the clubs complained about the finals being there.

The clubs have the power to change things, so if you're not happy then lobby your clubs to raise a proposal to change things.

I appreciate the reply. 
The finals no been held there before.

The west disnae get a huge gate. 

I’m sure wance it’s known you’ll get plenty clubs objectin but ultimately it only affects 2 at the end o the day. 

When wid the clubs be asked/notified about possible venues. 

Edited by Ben10

Aye, lets just go back to the Good Old Days of the West Juniors. Remember them?

Lets not try and improve things. Lets keep it as no better than another league game. Never mind making it a family day out and try to make it a special day for the committees, coaches and players. No need for a showcase final for the sponsors. Lets do it the way its always been done. Wait and see who’s in the final and just throw it all together with minimal planning. Hopefully somebody with a grass pitch won’t have their own games to worry about and it’s within walking distance of everyone. Oh, and lets hope the neutral hosts want to actually take it. I seem to recall Talbot refusing to take a neutral semifinal between Cumnock and Glenafton.

9 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Lets not try and improve things. Lets keep it as no better than another league game. Never mind making it a family day out and try to make it a special day for the committees, coaches and players. No need for a showcase final for the sponsors. Lets do it the way its always been done. Wait and see who’s in the final and just throw it all together with minimal planning. Hopefully somebody with a grass pitch won’t have their own games to worry about and it’s within walking distance of everyone. Oh, and lets hope the neutral hosts want to actually take it. I seem to recall Talbot refusing to take a neutral semifinal between Cumnock and Glenafton.

The great traditions can continue if they pull the trophy out of a shopping bag before the presentation.

11 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Not true. The police objected to it being in Auchinleck

5 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

It might have been easier if you'd just said you don't know.

But here's one I know you won't be able to answer. Name one cup final venue where nobody moaned about it?

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

The 1987 National Drybrough Cup final at Whitburn?

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Everyone appreciates your contributions, no-one more so than me but it doesn't mean your answers have to be universally agreed with. Honestly, I think it was a mistake to point out that it's where the offices are as that should have no bearing on the choice for every single final under the auspices of the WoSFL to be held there.

However, it's encouraging to read you saying that the clubs hold the power. You're right that fans could/should lobby their clubs if they don't like it.

18 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It has no major commercial tenant after Clyde left. It's a stadium that knows how to handle crowds lucky to break 100 into the thousands. Broadwood suddenly becoming the primary venue for finals for the SJC, SCC, and WOSFL has nothing to do with them being nice. It ticks all the boxes required and relatively cheap.

On 23/02/2024 at 13:19, beaver watch said:

All ticket will cut back on the Darvel clickers which will save money. The luminous working jackets can be returned to the Darvel village museum

I’m not so sure it’s a cheap option based on the costs involved to host a recent final that was played there.

Just to add to the debate here, the West of Scotland Football Development League PlayerData League Cup Final was held at Broadwood in January and both teams noted to us how big an occasion it felt for them. The facilities at Broadwood are excellent for a Cup final. 

Don't understand this fixation regarding boadwood hosting the cup finals and more so the west of Scotland cup final   , if for example it's an all ayrshire final like beith v hurlford I would have liked to see it played at a troon, meadow Park,  kilwinning,kilbirnie ,Talbot or along them lines .

Money is kept in the junior game for the hosts in terms of catering and we aren't trying to get to the other side of the west of Scotland to a ground that's not got good transport links and one that's got the dreaded astro.

• 3 weeks later...