Morten v Invermess

4 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Don’t think the keeper covered himself in glory for the first goal either. Horrible positioning.

Agree with that. Mckays finish was good but the keeper looked slow to get over to his right.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Agree with that. Mckays finish was good but the keeper looked slow to get over to his right.

Yeah, not taking anything away from the finish. Just don’t understand where MacDonald was positioned considering where the ball came from.

21 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah, not taking anything away from the finish. Just don’t understand where MacDonald was positioned considering where the ball came from.

MacDonald is playing through quite a bad injury by the sounds of it. Good on him for playing, but we’d be far better off getting an emergency loan in over a goalie gifting goals. 

Hoped MacDonald would come in and at least be steady… but that second goal gets worse every time you see it.

If he is injured, and Mullen will be some time, we really should be looking at an emergency loan, as suggested; if we go back to having to score two for a point, we’ll get sucked back into the scrap below us in two or three weeks.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Hoped MacDonald would come in and at least be steady… but that second goal gets worse every time you see it.

If he is injured, and Mullen will be some time, we really should be looking at an emergency loan, as suggested; if we go back to having to score two for a point, we’ll get sucked back into the scrap below us in two or three weeks.

Hasn’t Imrie already said we were knocked back for an emergency loan? He’s had Murdoch on the bench for long enough now, so whether Dougie thinks he’s ready for first team football or not, that’s not how the governing bodies will look at it.

They’ll see him as a viable alternative and we’ll just have to get on with it.

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I thought Dougie’s (out of character) pre-match statement about being potentially dragged into a relegation battle, played right into ICT’s hands.

Nobody cares about what you think though.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Hasn’t Imrie already said we were knocked back for an emergency loan? He’s had Murdoch on the bench for long enough now, so whether Dougie thinks he’s ready for first team football or not, that’s not how the governing bodies will look at it.

They’ll see him as a viable alternative and we’ll just have to get on with it.

McDonald is clearly injured too but agree that we were rightly denied an emergency loan. There are three keepers in the squad and we'll just have to use the best one available. 

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

McDonald is clearly injured too but agree that we were rightly denied an emergency loan. There are three keepers in the squad and we'll just have to use the best one available. 

Agree about McDonald, aye. What could be interesting is the Scottish Cup rules regarding goalkeepers, should McDonald not be fit to play. You have to have a designated keeper on the bench for cup ties, so if it gets to the point that Murdoch is the only available keeper, there becomes a bit of a stand off between the SFA’s rules and their insistence that we carry on regardless.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Could we not have just got a domestic loan rather than an emergency loan before the window closed at the end of Feb last week? 

McDonald is a great keeper at this level but he's clearly not match fit and hasn't even had a full weeks training since November last year.

Maybe he'll come good again after getting game time and some training under his belt??

20 hours ago, virginton said:

Nobody cares about what you think though.

If that was the case then why would I be barred from the Morton Forum for telling the truth? Similarly why would you bother responding?

Anyway outside of these forums some people do happen to care what I think. I made the exact same point at work and everyone gets it 100%.

Edited by DreamOakTree1

On 03/03/2024 at 18:28, Toby said:

Agree about McDonald, aye. What could be interesting is the Scottish Cup rules regarding goalkeepers, should McDonald not be fit to play. You have to have a designated keeper on the bench for cup ties, so if it gets to the point that Murdoch is the only available keeper, there becomes a bit of a stand off between the SFA’s rules and their insistence that we carry on regardless.

That might in itself be an opportunity: if MacDonald is injured, he shouldn't be playing (for his own sake, as much as the team's); and we would surely get the nod to bring someone in before Monday if we only have one fit keeper going into a cup-tie.

21 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Could we not have just got a domestic loan rather than an emergency loan before the window closed at the end of Feb last week? 

KInda hoping that the fact we didn't do that means Mullen won't be too long.

Given MacDonald's situation, I really fear for us until Mullen's back... or we come up with an alternative.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

That might in itself be an opportunity: if MacDonald is injured, he shouldn't be playing (for his own sake, as much as the team's); and we would surely get the nod to bring someone in before Monday if we only have one fit keeper going into a cup-tie.

KInda hoping that the fact we didn't do that means Mullen won't be too long.

Given MacDonald's situation, I really fear for us until Mullen's back... or we come up with an alternative.

The thing is we know McDonald is a very good keeper at this level, so it's not a lack of ability.

I'm hoping that once he's got some match fitness or even a few days training then we begin to see a more on form keeper.

Not playing or even training for months because of injury then getting thrown back into games without any training is a big ask for anyone 

30 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The thing is we know McDonald is a very good keeper at this level, so it's not a lack of ability.

I'm hoping that once he's got some match fitness or even a few days training then we begin to see a more on form keeper.

Not playing or even training for months because of injury then getting thrown back into games without any training is a big ask for anyone 

You might be right - and I hope you are - but if he’s actually playing through an injury, rather than just ring-rusty (which is what it looked like on Saturday), it’s hard to see how he improves fast enough to steady the ship.

I just hope Mullen magically reappears very soon.

If not, as someone’s said on the match thread, I wonder if Imrie will be tempted to throw the young boy in tomorrow night…

32 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

You might be right - and I hope you are - but if he’s actually playing through an injury, rather than just ring-rusty (which is what it looked like on Saturday), it’s hard to see how he improves fast enough to steady the ship.

I just hope Mullen magically reappears very soon.

If not, as someone’s said on the match thread, I wonder if Imrie will be tempted to throw the young boy in tomorrow night…

Imrie saying Mullen may make it tomorrow. Fingers X'd