Morten v Invermess

There'll be a lot of venting about the referee but we didn't deserve anything from that game and performance. It was a good finish from McKay for the first goal and Inverness dug in when they had to, but there were far too many flat performances from our perspective. 

Edited by vikingTON

Morton fans confident. ICT fans not. Always going to be one outcome. Agree the referee was rotten but I don't think we deserved anything from that game today. First goal a defensive error from French. Second MacDonald needs to do better. We were so flat in the first half. Credit to ICT. Got off to a great start and got a result by going direct and scrapping for everything. 

No doubt injuries and 3 games in 7 days has taken its toll but we have to be better than that.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

There'll be a lot of venting about the referee but we didn't deserve anything from that game and performance. It was good finish from McKay for the first goal and Inverness dug in when they had to, but there were far too many flat performances from our perspective. 

Can't agree more.

A bad day and defeat was inevitably going to come after such a long run, but unfortunate that it was today considering the upcoming fixtures. The concern is if that's going to be typical of performances without Oakley and Wilson: without them we have no physical presence to speak of outwith the centre backs and every team in the division could bully us the way Inverness did today.

Inverness well worth the win, managed having an early lead superbly and outwith the disallowed goal we created absolutely f**k all, because they didn't let us.

Referee was a joke but he wasn't the reason we lost that game. His performance was so bad that I found myself shouting at him for decisions he was getting wrong that actually favoured us. 

We looked a long way off it with key injuries to the spine of our team so Oakley and Mullen back as soon as possible considering Wilson is now out for the season. Today showed why we need a back up to Oakley as well as the goal threat wasn't there at all today. 

Fair play to Inverness. Fighting for their lives and they played every trick in the book to see out the game which is exactly what we would have done. 

25 minutes ago, virginton said:

There'll be a lot of venting about the referee but we didn't deserve anything from that game and performance. It was good finish from McKay for the first goal and Inverness dug in when they had to, but there were far too many flat performances from our perspective. 

Agreed, despite the referee losing control we were awful from start to finish. Muirhead putting in a pre-Imrie performance didn’t help things either. 
Inverness stifled anything we tried to do after they took the lead and somehow wasted an obscene amount of time and got away with it. 
I’d be started Bearne on Tuesday ahead of McGrattan who put in a terrible performance too. 

6 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

There is absolutely no way Inverness lose today. I have never been more confident of points in my life.

Morton have only picked up 4 more points than us since Mr Dunc was appointed. I wish Morton all the best for the remainder of the season but that statistic hopefully allows folk to recognise Morton aren’t all that. 

Is there scope to bring in a replacement for Oakley? I saw these tuechtars brought in their 8000th loan of the season the other day, I'm presuming any loan at this stage of the season has to be a u21 player or something? 

Edited by Jives Miguel

26 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Morton have only picked up 4 more points than us since Mr Dunc was appointed. I wish Morton all the best for the remainder of the season but that statistic hopefully allows folk to recognise Morton aren’t all that. 

Not all that still FIVE league places above today's opponents 👀. Think our fans are allowed to enjoy the last 16 games. The run had to come to an end at some point and just a shame it went with a whimper.

4 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Is there scope to bring in a replacement for Oakley? I saw these tuechtars brought in their 8000th loan of the season the other day, I'm presuming any loan at this stage of the season has to be a u21 player or something? 

I think the loan windows shut now, you could still bring in a free agent though 

Struggling to remember a worse refereeing performance. Absolute dreadful stuff from the officials today.

But apart from that we didn't look up for it today. Poor all over the park if I'm being honest. 

Power was probably our best player today. Garrity and McGrattan get their chance to day to impress but didn't take it. Both were poor..

Bearne looked lively when he came on and you have to feel for the lad not getting his chance to start.

A game to forget for a thousand different reasons. Big improvement needed for Tuesday 

That result always looked likely when the team lines were published - Oakley is so key to the way we play and completely unrealistic to think there’s a replacement for him.

Having said that, I expect Robbie to be told, be more capable, or be more willing to adapt his normal game and at least attempt to be that more traditional centre forward when Oakley can’t play.  By that I mean anticipate where the ball’s going, be strong and challenge for the ball at every opportunity.

Very difficult run of games ahead, up to and including Partick away.  It’s possible we lose them all, particularly if we don’t have most of the injured players back.  But i hope the support stay with the team - 3rd was and remains the highest it was likely we could finish.  That will remain the same at the end of that run of fixtures - given there’s only marginal benefit in finishing 3rd over 4th what matters is getting to the playoffs with a fit squad as we’ve shown we’re capable of stringing together the requisite six results and will be a difficult out.

38 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

It's Teuchters.

And the Teuchters won with some of their loan players.

Morton should try it instead of totally depending on Oakley as has been hinted at many times on this thread.