The Newcastle 4

2 hours ago, Pocketman said:

the rumour that he was not welcomed by the squad?? 

Yeah.  I think it was about him being slightly late for the bus to training and them taking the piss out of him. 

Edited by qos_75

Just now, Gordopolis said:

For having massive sliders

Aye, was there sweeties thrown at him as well? I think the sliders were found in the bin in his room after he f**ked off. 

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t see how Hinshelwood would start, given he has largely played full back at Brighton - when our full backs are actually fully fit of course. He certainly wouldn’t start in central midfield. 

On the Anderson stuff, given loads of players have came into the squad and there have been no reported issues - it always seemed like nonsense. 

It is quite clear from his comments that Clarke needs to do more on the dual nationality front, Livramento is the perfect example of someone who can genuinely feel an attachment to several countries and someone that would need to be actively pursued to an extent. 

Hinshelwood starts at RB for us just now specifically. I’d argue he’d be our 2nd best behind a healthy Aaron Hickey.

2 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Hinshelwood starts at RB for us just now specifically. I’d argue he’d be our 2nd best behind a healthy Aaron Hickey.

Fair enough! From what I’ve seen of him, he’s a decent bit better than Patterson. 

8 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Yeah.  I think it was about him being slightly late for the bus to training and them taking the piss out of him. 

7 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

For having massive sliders

7 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Aye, was there sweeties thrown at him as well? I think the sliders were found in the bin in his room after he f**ked off. 

First I have seen this mentioned or rumoured. Where did it emerge from or where has it been discussed? Slagged over his sliders and then finding the sliders in the bin on his exit sounds like a typically structured fan forum tale tbh 😀

Edited by Pocketman
typos

6 hours ago, Pocketman said:

First I have seen this mentioned or rumoured. Where did it emerge from or where has it been discussed? Slagged over his sliders and then finding the sliders in the bin on his exit sounds like a typically structured fan forum tale tbh 😀

giphy.gif.6085d5fa885172604d617812429f1a32.gif

I need to allocate a few more hours per evening on here to work out the sincerity gradients on all the rumour posts here. Sliders, sweeties, banning monster munch and Irn Bru, Portuguese taxi drivers offering tactics - they can't all be true!

I heard they all got a McDonalds after training and John McGinn used his straw to shoot a chewed up wee bit of the the wrapper right off the back of Anderson's head.

That was the final straw for him.

41 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I heard they all got a McDonalds after training and John McGinn used his straw to shoot a chewed up wee bit of the the wrapper right off the back of Anderson's head.

An unhappy meal

On 30/08/2024 at 14:19, Frankie S said:

For many years, Republic of Ireland and Wales, who like us have relatively shallow resources, were very proactive (and successful) in pursuing dual-eligibles to join their squads, and reaped the benefits in terms of progression at international tournaments, something that frustratingly continues to elude Scotland.

What Wales did (and to a lesser extend Ireland) was cap players very young before they were in the 1st team, for example from the current squad you have Ampadu, Davies, Koumas and to a certain extend Bale who was capped after a bit part season at Southampton in 2006. Where we are currently in that we keep qualifying for the Euro's and got close to WC qualifying we dont have the time to put unready players in the squad in the hope of rebuilding. So gambling on players who weren't or aren't ready and writing of a qualifying campaign isn't an option right now. Our problem seems to be the lack of players getting 1st team games and the amount of players stepping up from 21s.

On 30/08/2024 at 20:49, shivute said:

Gunn,Dykes, adams and Conway have all been persuaded to play for the senior scotland team under clarke. You could argue that they didn't have other international options but dykes certainly did.

Hackney and anderson were in the system and clearly fancied going with their country of birth and are highly ranked. I don't see a big scandal in that. If we were having guys choose wales or ireland over us I would perhaps be more concerned.

Like others have said you can only put forward a case and if they decide to go another path then so be it.

With the guys at under 21 wouldn't be surprised if maybe one ends up playing with scotland seniors at some point down the track.

Anderson will never make an appearance for England 

Fans are much too cavalier when it comes to switching nationalities.

Put yourself in their shoes:

Imagine a world where you're a footballer. And Scotland are better than England. You weren't good enough to play for Scotland, but you were eligible to play for England.

Would you? I wouldn't.

I respect Harvey Barnes for rejecting Scotland. He'd rather be English, with 0 caps, than Scottish with 30-50 caps.

Livramento will win a few England caps. Anderson will have zero England caps. Barnes will have zero England caps. The only one of them who will get a good amount of England caps is Gordon.

6 hours ago, Chripper said:

Fans are much too cavalier when it comes to switching nationalities.

Put yourself in their shoes:

Imagine a world where you're a footballer. And Scotland are better than England. You weren't good enough to play for Scotland, but you were eligible to play for England.

Would you? I wouldn't.

I respect Harvey Barnes for rejecting Scotland. He'd rather be English, with 0 caps, than Scottish with 30-50 caps.

Livramento will win a few England caps. Anderson will have zero England caps. Barnes will have zero England caps. The only one of them who will get a good amount of England caps is Gordon.

In this rather unlikely scenario - no, I wouldn't.  But nationality isn't important to everyone, or it's not important to everyone in the same ways.  I was born in Scotland to Scottish parents and have lived most of my live in Scotland.  It's not very surprising or upsetting that people with a different background would relate to their nationality in different ways. 

11 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

It was more than that.

Apparently he was having an alright time eating his quarter pounder meal, when Ryan Christie and Billy Gilmour started sniggering over something on the table.

He was like "what's so funny?", then Ryan Christie leans back to reveal the word "DICK" written with fries, and more fries in the shape of an arrow pointing at Anderson.

Understandably raging, Anderson swept the chips off the table. He was prepared to let it go at that point until he went back to his meal and realised his chip box was empty. They had used his own chips to call him a dick.

The ultimate insult.

Edited by Gordopolis

40 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

In this rather unlikely scenario - no, I wouldn't.  But nationality isn't important to everyone, or it's not important to everyone in the same ways.  I was born in Scotland to Scottish parents and have lived most of my live in Scotland.  It's not very surprising or upsetting that people with a different background would relate to their nationality in different ways. 

True.

Which is really the reason why I'm nonplussed when a player rejects a call up to a nation where they weren't born.

Harvey Barnes rejecting us is refreshing and commendable.

Some players jump ship solely to plump up their CV and use it as a took to get a wage hike.

Not that I'm cynical or anything...

Edited by Chripper

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

It was more than that.

Apparently he was having an alright time eating his quarter pounder meal, when Ryan Christie and Billy Gilmour started sniggering over something on the table.

He was like "what's so funny?", then Ryan Christie leans back to reveal the word "DICK" written with fries, and more fries in the shape of an arrow pointing at Anderson.

Understandably raging, Anderson swept the chips off the table. He was prepared to let it go at that point until he went back to his meal and realised they had used his own chips to call him a dick.

The ultimate insult.

Look man it's getting out of hand this, you know I have my contacts.

What happened was simply he was asked to do the usual thing nowadays when footballers have to sing a song in front of the squad.

And ok probably with hindsight now he knows that God save the queen probably wasn't the best choice. But he didn't know all the words to many songs.

So they went to training and were practicing headers. McTominay rubbed the ball in dog poo and threw it up for him💁‍♂️

Next thing he's taken his (he brought his own ball) poo covered ball and stormed out. 

Which got a laugh as he tripped on his massive sliders during the storming.

He won't be back.

I'm pretty sure the real story involved some sweeties. 

Was it not that Andy Robertson stole his lolly from his dip dab and Lyndon Dykes replaced all his fruit pastilles with the black wine gums or something like that?

He was definitely ribbed for his Le Coq Sportif sliders, I'm pretty sure that was confirmed by Joel Sked on twitter