Will Warnock "Hibs it"?

Will Warnock emulate Butcher and take his side from mid table to play-offs, to out of the league...  

214 members have voted

1. 1. You have until Aberdeen's next league game to make your decision...

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/24 at 19:45

Today I ask you one simple question and it's something most of us are wondering. Going by results, and Warnock's seeming ignorance of both his team and the league, it's not outrageous to suggest this team will end up in the playoffs.. and if they do, would you bet against Raith, Partick or United (..or even Morton! :o) giving the Pittodrie lot a hard time?

Let's be clear... Aberdeen have the resources and playing staff to get themselves out of this, but so did Hibernian under Butcher. Any team down that end of the table knows what a death spiral it can be, and once momentum turns against you wins turn into draws, draws turn into losses and luck starts deserting you, which in turn leaves players feeling depressed and stressed and only increasing the likeliness of errors that lead to more wins turning into draws, draws into losses... etc...

They next game is in the cup against Killie, but their next league game is the 13th against Dundee. This poll will remain open until kick off.

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I think he will but hope he doesn’t. (No offence to Aberdeen fans I just think it would be massively funny if this happens).

I'm the opposite, I don't think he'll get them relegated, but I do think it would be hilarious if he did. That's not a particular dig at Aberdeen or their fans, but every neutral loves a dramatic collapse, especially from a "establishment" team.

It would be funny if a Rangers supporting manager was the man to finally get Aberdeen ŕelegated.

That is of course, unless the powers that be make up another stupid rule to save Averdeen from it.

Of course though, no Warnock won't get them relegated.

It's not going to to happen, I quite like Aberdeen but Cormack is up your typical egotistical millionaire who thinks he knows everything so would be very funny if he was to take them down with all the cash he's spent. At present he's arguably a worse owner than Milne was which is saying something.

23 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm the opposite, I don't think he'll get them relegated, but I do think it would be hilarious if he did. That's not a particular dig at Aberdeen or their fans, but every neutral loves a dramatic collapse, especially from a "establishment" team.

Is that not the exact same opinion as me?

Your question in the OP was “will Warnock keep them in the league?” and I’ve said I think he will but I hope he doesn’t because it would be very funny.

I’m in 2 minds here. 
Aberdeen just need a couple of results from somewhere and they’ll be fine. I’m more worried about us going down tbh. 

However, I can’t see where those results come from. It’s like an already mentally drained squad have been hit with another drop in confidence. That loss yesterday is only going to make things worse. 

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Your question in the OP was “will Warnock keep them in the league?” and I’ve said I think he will but I hope he doesn’t because it would be very funny.

My question is whether he'll relegate them, thus "Hibs'ing it"

The confusion is that the thread title and OP have 2 contradictory questions - "Will Warnock HIbs it?" and "Will Warnock keep Aberdeen in the League?"

Edited by rollstar

2 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Think you have Hibsed it

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Actually, looking back, I've done mixed messages there. There are effectively 3 "titles"; the thread title, the poll title and the poll question, the two titles ask if he'll get them relegated, the question is the opposite.

So yeah, sorry about that, I'll go back and edit to so they are all the same.

Just now, Ric said:

Actually, looking back, I've done mixed messages there. There are effectively 3 "titles"; the thread title, the poll title and the poll question, the two titles ask if he'll get them relegated, the question is the opposite.

So yeah, sorry about that, I'll go back and edit to so they are all the same.

Yes please. PM everyone to let us know when you've sorted it.