Will Warnock "Hibs it"?

Will Warnock emulate Butcher and take his side from mid table to play-offs, to out of the league...  

214 members have voted

1. 1. You have until Aberdeen's next league game to make your decision...

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/24 at 19:45

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

I fundamentally cannot convince that a team with Aberdeen's quality will go down. That said, when Hibs hired Butcher they were something like 7th and I fully expected them to push on.  The thing about Hibs that season was you just couldn't believe it was happening.

This. This exactly.

What is interesting is that compared to then, at least some Aberdeen fans accept they are in deep shit. I remember a lot of Hibees that refused to accept they were fucked until they were obviously fucked. I guess once you've seen a car crash happen you are prepared for another one.

Edited by Ric

14 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Dundee United have spent well over 40% of their league career in the lower leagues

Yet still managed to win the Scottish Cup twice since the 'Dandies' managed to lift the cup.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Yet still managed to win the Scottish Cup twice since the 'Dandies' managed to lift the cup.

Wow - some outfit.

In 2014 Hibs that that boy McGivern at centre half who was 'on loan from Man City', which I don't think anyone believed. He was clearly the worst centre half in the league by some distance.  i don't think Aberdeen have anyone near the worst centre half in the league this season.  Their dogshit keeper and centre midfield is their issue, but they have a top striker for this level, something Hibs didn't have back then. Aberdeen will be fine.

Edited by TheScarf

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's 2 sentences.  

I mean... you are right, it is.

Just makes it twice as much nonsense then.. :)

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I mean... you are right, it is.

Just makes it twice as much nonsense then.. :)

Adding a full stop doubles the output? I’m not sure you’ve considered this properly. 

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Adding a full stop doubles the output? I’m not sure you’ve considered this properly. 

Thinking punctuation is the arbiter of whether a comment is nonsense or not? I’m not sure you’ve considered this properly. 

Just now, Ric said:

Thinking punctuation is the arbiter of whether a comment is nonsense or not? I’m not sure you’ve considered this properly. 

I made no comment on the content of the post. My question was isolated to your assertion that a full stop doubled the impact on your life. 

Aberdeen are in trouble, but even in the last 6 matches Ross County have only gained 2 points on Aberdeen. Ross County's run to the split is pretty hard but if they can beat Aberdeen it really would be game on. 

53 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

In 2014 Hibs that that boy McGivern at centre half who was 'on loan from Man City', which I don't think anyone believed. He was clearly the worst centre half in the league by some distance.  i don't think Aberdeen have anyone near the worst centre half in the league this season.  Their dogshit keeper and centre midfield is their issue, but they have a top striker for this level, something Hibs didn't have back then. Aberdeen will be fine.

They had a top striker when Warnock came in certainly.  Not sure what he's done to him though

I make it 5 games out of 10 since the winter break that we’ve chucked points from a winning position, that’s a pretty alarming stat for me, albeit not quite as alarming as actually watching us try to defend.

It’s a test of mentality as much as anything else just now. The players are obviously good enough to get a few wins in the last part of the season to make it safe, but we are playing like the wheels have come off. Saturday was a couple of minutes from being a potential turning point and it turned into something far, far worse.

If it continues to spiral then there’s every chance Ross county come to pittodrie and beat us. But the club just needs to grow a spine face up to it. Players look like they feel sorry for themselves, as does the manager. 

12 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I think it will click for Aberdeen sooner rather than later. I think they'll get a positive result in their next league match.  Not as sure about the cup match yet though.

Agree I think you’ll get at least a point from my team at dens , as we still can’t keep a lead except against total shit, so we’d need to score around 3 to beat Aberdeen and I can’t see that happening, but you’ll get beat from Killie 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I make it 5 games out of 10 since the winter break that we’ve chucked points from a winning position, that’s a pretty alarming stat for me, albeit not quite as alarming as actually watching us try to defend.

It’s a test of mentality as much as anything else just now. The players are obviously good enough to get a few wins in the last part of the season to make it safe, but we are playing like the wheels have come off. Saturday was a couple of minutes from being a potential turning point and it turned into something far, far worse.

If it continues to spiral then there’s every chance Ross county come to pittodrie and beat us. But the club just needs to grow a spine face up to it. Players look like they feel sorry for themselves, as does the manager. 

The slightly concerning precedent is a similar collapse against Sevco last December as we saw on Saturday, which then completely spiralled into being destroyed at Hearts and Hibs, Darvel etc.

In terms of mentality, as much as Shinnie was involved in last last January's debacle, I think he's responded really well in the last couple of games with decent performances - feels like he's got the bit between his teeth, albeit evidently he can't stop calamity defending on his own. 

Still think it'll be a non issue unless we lose him or Miovski through injury - we've been relatively lucky on that front this season thankfully.