Will Warnock "Hibs it"?

Will Warnock emulate Butcher and take his side from mid table to play-offs, to out of the league...  

214 members have voted

1. 1. You have until Aberdeen's next league game to make your decision...

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/24 at 19:45

Can I just thank the OP for this thread and its regular references to Hibs’ collapse under Tel Butcher, which remains arguably my favourite sporting memory of all time. 

21 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I can't see it mate, but all the best. I'll be the first to lead the congratulations if you manage such a feat - it's Dundee's Everest after all.

How To Climb Mt. Everest - Louder Than Eleven

Our Everest was not letting out club die, unlike another club...

17 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

You can't Hibs it somewhat. It's like being pregnant, you either Hibs it or you don't.

Heh! Interesting point. Maybe 'on the way to Hibsing the top six'? is more accurate?

3 hours ago, SEETHING said:

Can I just thank the OP for this thread and its regular references to Hibs’ collapse under Tel Butcher, which remains arguably my favourite sporting memory of all time. 

Was in Hospitality before the Hibs Raith Rovers cup game that season and Terry Butcher was very complimentary to the Rovers before the game saying his coaching spell there restored his faith in football but that Hibs were on the up and we had no chance. Let him know I had £20 on  Rovers win and he said he'd come back for a drink on me if it came in. We won, he didn't come back and the slow decline to relegation started. Get a bit of the same vibe with Warnock and Aberbeen so may put £20 on Killie this weekend.

4 hours ago, SEETHING said:

I seem to have forgotten that. Did this figure by any chance?

16 hours ago, Rael Rover said:

Was in Hospitality before the Hibs Raith Rovers cup game that season and Terry Butcher was very complimentary to the Rovers before the game saying his coaching spell there restored his faith in football but that Hibs were on the up and we had no chance. Let him know I had £20 on  Rovers win and he said he'd come back for a drink on me if it came in. We won, he didn't come back and the slow decline to relegation started. Get a bit of the same vibe with Warnock and Aberbeen so may put £20 on Killie this weekend.

image.png.6f89b620899c52f3cb1c874590603a78.png

The 2014/15 Championship season was great fun and, in hindsight, well worth the relegation for Hearts.

While we'll never be able to add the Never Been Relegated trophy alongside the Tennent's Sixes triumphs on the honours list, we do have some great memories of winning a league ahead of Rangers.

Unfortunately it looks like Aberdeen have enough about them to stay up, so they'll just have to endure another season of mediocrity in the top flight instead.

Edited by Darren

On 07/03/2024 at 13:15, Rael Rover said:

Hope you didn't need that £20.

NW - We decided in midweek that today was going to be the day. I'm glad I left on a high because the lads were fantastic today. I was quite proud of them."

If anything, I've contributed to making them realise and get a move on. They're very close down the line to get someone in now. 🤣

Neil Lennon 🫢

Edited by btb