Will Warnock "Hibs it"?

Will Warnock emulate Butcher and take his side from mid table to play-offs, to out of the league...  

214 members have voted

1. 1. You have until Aberdeen's next league game to make your decision...

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/24 at 19:45

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Dundee United have spent well over 40% of their league career in the lower leagues

That is quite a stat. United have been 'doon' several times in my lifetime but I just assumed it was more of a blip for them.

10 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Hopefully we don't get any injuries to Hoilett as we have no other options wide!

I'll be fine mate, I'm looking forward to scoring a few goals against Dundee in particular. That's my focus.

47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I make it 5 games out of 10 since the winter break that we’ve chucked points from a winning position, that’s a pretty alarming stat for me, albeit not quite as alarming as actually watching us try to defend.

To be honest, on Saturday, defensively Aberdeen largely limited our chances. Yes we were a bit wasteful with finishing, hit the bar and post, but 2nd half from 60mins on when you hooked Hoilett and Duk and sat in, it was a nightmare to break down until Devlin gave away the penalty.

Aberdeen frustrated, broke up play, went down at every opportunity. It was streetwise and pretty effective although I don't think you really threatened up top bar the screamer from Barron. The only think I could say was you could probably been a bit better on the counter- Miovski was a pretty lonely figure and had Bolton and Gogic marshalling him and probably needed someone helping him once Duk was hooked. 

59 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

The slightly concerning precedent is a similar collapse against Sevco last December as we saw on Saturday, which then completely spiralled into being destroyed at Hearts and Hibs, Darvel etc.

In terms of mentality, as much as Shinnie was involved in last last January's debacle, I think he's responded really well in the last couple of games with decent performances - feels like he's got the bit between his teeth, albeit evidently he can't stop calamity defending on his own. 

Still think it'll be a non issue unless we lose him or Miovski through injury - we've been relatively lucky on that front this season thankfully.

Agree with this. The St J game last Wednesday was a clear indicator that we are in trouble. Home game against a bottom 6 team with a performance required and we were well beaten by the better team. Follow that up with a collapse from a winning position to defeat in extra time and we now have a team who have bottled it in the last few months now completely out of it. 
I’m not usually this negative but can any dons fans be confident that we could beat any hard working team of half decent pros? No, me neither. 

I think the dons could be in trouble here, maybe not Livi's automatic spot but trouble nonetheless. 

I differ from many posters by not finding it at all funny. Just don't see it myself. 

I don't watch much English "footy" but Warnock would have been on my list of people you dislike for no proper reason. Now i have many. 

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I think the dons could be in trouble here, maybe not Livi's automatic spot but trouble nonetheless. 

I differ from many posters by not finding it at all funny. Just don't see it myself. 

I don't watch much English "footy" but Warnock would have been on my list of people you dislike for no proper reason. Now i have many. 

The "proper reason" is he is a gammony Brexiteer, aside from his hilariously poor performance as Aberdeen manager, he has supported racism, bigotry and doubled down on it when questioned.

"I can’t wait to get out of the EU ... To hell with the rest of the world."

Serious Malky Mackay vibes, imo.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

The "proper reason" is he is a gammony Brexiteer, aside from his hilariously poor performance as Aberdeen manager, he has supported racism, bigotry and doubled down on it when questioned.

An elderly Yorkshireman, gammony? That is a shock. 

I was referring to football things, his sidies and his habit of referring to himself by surname in the third person, a lot. Not inconsequential shite about customs unions. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not inconsequential shite about customs unions. 

Considering it enabled and emboldened racists and bigots all across the country, at the same time removing opportunities for millions of people and making the country demonstrably poorer (not just now, but even into the late 2030s), then I wouldn't consider it "inconsequential"...

..that said, I do get where you are coming from.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Certainly goes to suggest bouncing about the bottom six like The Dandies are doing isn't all it's cracked up to be.

You'd know all about bouncing about the bottom six...

37 minutes ago, Ric said:

Didn't know that. The gammon pryck.

As to Hibsing it - he didn't really start off in a good position so all he's done is really keep the Dons on their downward trajectory. As to Saturday, garnering a 2-1 defeat after being ahead at 95 minutes most definitely is Hibsing it.

hibsedit.gif.4dfc22b00972f05c845ba08a13200183.gif

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I think the dons could be in trouble here

We are absolutely in trouble. Next league games away to Dundee and Motherwell. In no way do I find it funny either.

4 hours ago, flyingscot said:

To be honest, on Saturday, defensively Aberdeen largely limited our chances. Yes we were a bit wasteful with finishing, hit the bar and post, but 2nd half from 60mins on when you hooked Hoilett and Duk and sat in, it was a nightmare to break down until Devlin gave away the penalty.

Aberdeen frustrated, broke up play, went down at every opportunity. It was streetwise and pretty effective although I don't think you really threatened up top bar the screamer from Barron. The only think I could say was you could probably been a bit better on the counter- Miovski was a pretty lonely figure and had Bolton and Gogic marshalling him and probably needed someone helping him once Duk was hooked. 

Pretty much as "effective" away from home as we've been for a while - never really felt particularly threatened until the world caved in during injury time. Useless if we don't get the result of course, but grinding out results away from home on the back of performances like that are what'll probably get us through.

It also hinted that the players are playing for him (albeit were mentally weak once the penalty was scored) which again is probably a good sign.

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Pretty much as "effective" away from home as we've been for a while - never really felt particularly threatened until the world caved in during injury time. Useless if we don't get the result of course, but grinding out results away from home on the back of performances like that are what'll probably get us through.

It also hinted that the players are playing for him (albeit were mentally weak once the penalty was scored) which again is probably a good sign.

If i was an Aberdeen fan, i'd be particularly raging at the second goal. Aberdeen on the attack, Miovski loses possession cause he looks to be in a huff, and from there its a quick counter with no Aberdeen player trying to impact play. Easy cross, Mandron unmarked to nod it back and Toyosi free in the middle to score. We worked it well, but feck me, a bunch of traffic cones would have put up more resistance.

8 hours ago, Ric said:

I mean... you are right, it is.

Just makes it twice as much nonsense then.. :)

I defend your right to think my two sentences are nonsensical, just as you should defend my right to think that the your thread is whimsical nonsense begun more in hope that we disappear through the Championship trap door than actually particularly likely at this stage 

The opening post of this thread has the feel of a Kenny McIntyre tabloid drama for my liking.

I'll defend my two sentences by saying that I stated:

Aberdeen have lost their last three games, which we have, ergo not nonsense.

That you created this thread on the back of our defeat in Paisley, which you did.

That if St Mirren had lost three games in a row, and had lost two late goals at Pittodrie, and were 10 points off bottom and four points off second bottom, then it would be highly unlikely that anyone would think that warranted a thread.

Therefore, we must be perceived, whether true or not, as one of the bigger teams in Scotland.

We had a two minute collapse in Paisley in a match which we were good enough to take all three points.

A sickener for us Dons, and you Saints are, quite rightly, rubbing out faces in it but, in my opinion, I've seen worse Aberdeen sides than this present one, and they haven't been relegated either.

The one thing that would concern me would be if we got into a bottom six situation where teams, with little to play for, might ease up a bit against Ross County and turn up against us and make us fight but that would be our own fault for getting into this situation.

Of course, if we do get relegated, then I fully expect and encourage you to shove these words down my throat!

Edited by Bogbrush1903

6 hours ago, Ric said:

What a very aggressive post. How has he specifically supported racism, such as Malky Mackay? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

There's a lot there to unpack, but in short, I started the thread specifically highlighting the similarities of your position to Hibs' in their calamitous relegation season. You have to accept there are similarities. It's not a replacement or special Aberdeen relegation thread because there already is one, the poll closes by the time you play your next league game. It is asking people if they think Warnock, from this position, will "Hibs it".

In terms of your nonsense points, we went on a run of not winning games and the press did discuss it. You keep mentioning something about "big teams", at this moment, you are not a big team, you are a team in disarray with a manager who seems to think this is all a jolly.

As for you not liking the style of post, fine, that's not a big deal and it's all subjective.

Edited by Ric

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What a very aggressive post. How has he specifically supported racism, such as Malky Mackay? 

I said it had Malky "vibes", but if you want me to be entirely clear with what I am saying..

If you supported Brexit, specifically the way it was framed, then the simple fact is you did support bigotry and racism.

Am I accusing everyone who voted for Brexit as being a racist or bigot? No, but in the same way you don't need to be a bigot or racist to support Trump, but supporting Trump supports bigots and racists.

Edited by Ric