Will Warnock "Hibs it"?

Will Warnock emulate Butcher and take his side from mid table to play-offs, to out of the league...  

214 members have voted

1. 1. You have until Aberdeen's next league game to make your decision...

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/24 at 19:45

15 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

No, we won’t be relegated and we won’t be in the playoff.

I wish I had your sang froid

10 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Livi are as good as down and Ross county are too shite to trouble Aberdeen. 

I hope you're right.

43 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Dundee United have spent well over 40% of their league career in the lower leagues

Stats like this go a long way to proving that you can shout about successes you had 40 years ago all you want, but in no way does it mean you're still a big team now. In that respect some United fans suffer from delusions of grandeur. A kind of Aberdeen for the seaside leagues, if you will. 

A lot of sensible Dons fans here recognising they could be/are bang in trouble, any who don't are kidding themselves. I think Livi are gone, but there's plenty of work still to be done for everyone else in the bottom half. Whether Warnock will stick around for the fight if the next couple don't go his way, I'm nor sure.

10 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Stats like this go a long way to proving that you can shout about successes you had 40 years ago all you want, but in no way does it mean you're still a big team now. In that respect some United fans suffer from delusions of grandeur. A kind of Aberdeen for the seaside leagues, if you will. 

A lot of sensible Dons fans here recognising they could be/are bang in trouble, any who don't are kidding themselves. I think Livi are gone, but there's plenty of work still to be done for everyone else in the bottom half. Whether Warnock will stick around for the fight if the next couple don't go his way, I'm nor sure.

We are in big trouble. But there’s no delusions of grandeur. 

We are massive, as demonstrated by the fact that we’re too big for the ‘big relegation thread’ and someone created this one. 

Edited by Dons_1988

10 hours ago, NathanDrake88 said:

I’d love Aberdeen to go down, I think I’d actually pish myself if it happens 😂

If it does happen, I hope you're in your nursery class.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The facts that they're 4 points apart after 28 games and County are in better recent form suggest otherwise.

Over the course of the season Ross county have been worse than Aberdeen, and it will stay that way. 

I think we're two victories from safety (not officially but I think it will be good enough), we've had a bad February but I'm optimistic March will see an improvement starting with victory against Killie on Saturday.

We're obviously still a big enough club to attract nonsense threads like this and all because we've lost our last three matches. If St Mirren lost three matches in a row then it wouldn't raise a whimper.

I'm more interested in us make a final push for 6th place in the games remaining if the players and management can regain some kind of composure.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

I think it will click for Aberdeen sooner rather than later. I think they'll get a positive result in their next league match.  Not as sure about the cup match yet though.

I thought they done alright against us at the weekend up until last few mins. Thought they defended well most of match.

dont see them going down. Ross county look like they have a tough set of fixtures to finish on and livi will take a miracle. 

I fundamentally cannot convince that a team with Aberdeen's quality will go down. That said, when Hibs hired Butcher they were something like 7th and I fully expected them to push on.  The thing about Hibs that season was you just couldn't believe it was happening.

I would not be surprised if County overhauled Aberdeen, but Livi are probably toast.

18 hours ago, johnnydun said:

kanye-west-fake-laugh.gif.d561cd0fa08623400856e4e9eb344b78.gif

My Dundee dark blue brothers will be cheered at the thought of an Aberdeen league collapse tied in with Goodwin making a total shitfest of taking United up and then ending up getting battered in Dingwall in the Play-Off Final. I think you would need new underwear.

Edited by AndyM

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

We're obviously still a big enough club to attract nonsense threads like this and all because we've lost our last three matches. If St Mirren lost three matches in a row then it wouldn't raise a whimper.

:lol:

That whole sentence is "nonsense"

5 minutes ago, AndyM said:

My Dundee dark blue brothers will be cheered at the thought of an Aberdeen league collapse tied in with McIntyre making a total shitfest of taking United up and then ending up getting battered in Dingwall in the Play-Off Final. I think you would need new underwear.

What has McIntyre got to do with United?