4 hours ago, Aufc said:

As I mentioned earlier, I think cove will struggle with a lot of locals due to having rangers in their name.

If someone doesn’t want to come support a team because they hate part of your name, I think I would rather they didn’t come, they don’t sound like the type of fan you want in your fan base.

2 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Don't want to be a pedant, but there were actually 17 Montrose fans at Dumfries that night.

... and the game was televised which probably cut quite a few from travelling numbers.

17 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Where do you start with that. Absolutely utterly inept. My initial optimism was killed after 10 mins.

We have Bal to thank it wasn’t 6/7. I’ve defended the manager a bit over the last few weeks, we got a couple of wins against the bottom 2 clubs but it wasn’t convincing (you wouldn’t be aware of that if you read the clubs social media). Brora was a struggle and the malaise is on a sharp downward spiral. Recruitment is embarrassing, tactics are similar with an inability to make a substitute before 60 mins. Playoffs look a distant memory and the board now have a golden opportunity to identify a replacement manager to take us forward. Time for a change of direction off the pitch too. There is a growing group of kids wanting to follow the club, give them something to shout about and somewhere for them to sing their songs and bang their drum, no ball boys no mascots no nothing. I like a bit of staggering out of corporate too but time for a bit of diversification and offer something for everyone. Start small and let it grow like all the clubs around us have. We are getting left behind. Hartley looked broken at the end not even fighting back to the deserved calls for him to resign. 

Usual trope shite from visiting fans about our support but ours isn’t any worse than 4/5 clubs in this division. Was never going to be a big crowd for us with the Dons being at home in the cup. Sad as that sounds. 

Surely you aren’t reliant on Dons fans coming to watch you are you?  Every town in Scotland had buses that head to Glasgow every week to watch the Old Firm when they could support their “local” teams 

4 hours ago, Aufc said:

As I mentioned earlier, I think cove will struggle with a lot of locals due to having rangers in their name.

Aye, that probably explains why the Queen of the South support is dwindling, the anti- Royalists have decided to stay away because of the name,  nothing to do with the "football" being served up.

1 hour ago, Mid-Links Faithful said:

Surely you aren’t reliant on Dons fans coming to watch you are you?  Every town in Scotland had buses that head to Glasgow every week to watch the Old Firm when they could support their “local” teams 

Not totally reliant but of course there are some additions when the Dons are away just like Banks O Dee get and junior clubs will too. 

Our crowds in the HL were often better than yours were in the 90’s so I’m not sure why there appears to be a competition. If folk are happy then it’s irrelevant how many are there! 

59 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Not totally reliant but of course there are some additions when the Dons are away just like Banks O Dee get and junior clubs will too. 

Our crowds in the HL were often better than yours were in the 90’s so I’m not sure why there appears to be a competition. If folk are happy then it’s irrelevant how many are there! 

The difference being one team was successful and the other wasn’t 

Seems my attendance comment has opened up a can of worms. By no means was it meant to be a competition, and our attendances have certainly gotten smaller this season. 

As many people have mentioned or questioned is how Cove manage to continue a hybrid model with a smaller gate income, but as has been mentioned in this thread, income is raised with the likes of corporate hospitality etc 

10 hours ago, Aufc said:

The issue with cove is they will always be reliant on the crumbs from aberdeen. This also creates an issue because of their name being cove rangers which instantly puts off quite a few aberdeen fans. They are almost reliant on corporate guests and they do really well out of this with their hospo and summer and Xmas events. It’s hard to say whether this will ever drop as they are generally good days and I wouldn’t think are overly dependant on the quality of the football team. 

However, let’s be honest. Aside from Falkirk, all the current league 1 teams have very average supports. Most games get 500-600 which is not enough to sustain a league 1 clue looking for promotion, unless the corporate and sponsorship element is decent. 

I’ve went corporate once at Cove. The real thing. Not this jobber offer of ex players lounge nonsense. 

me and my Dad each year do corporate for our Birthdays each year. I go to pittodrie and we go Lower league Scottish ground for his. Anyway had cove booked pre covid which fell through until a few years later when we got to go. Great day out even stole myself a board pass from the door when leaving pished. 
Thought great will do it again. Emailed the lassie who runs it Angela as she was great last time. Picked our game, sent the email. Got response no problem 8 or 10 people. Replied with another date and game. Same response. Third email sent saying only needing two seats as was no issue prior. Only to be told only taken 8 or 10 bookings. Two fingers up to them over the tonne of the email. We ended up going to Arbroath last season which was a great experience off to Stirling Albion in May and already looking at Montrose next year. 
To get to the point it I don’t know why everyone else can accommodate two even pittodrie does it. 
sold out most weeks so what do I know. More the tonne of the emails 

8 hours ago, Mid-Links Faithful said:

And to be fair if you didn’t drive you had no option of getting down and back on public transport given the 1730 kick off

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/11203520/montrose-fans-heroes-trek/amp/

Im guessing this was a load of pish then? It is the Sun I guess. 

I think a pissing contest between Cove and Montrose about fanbase and home crowds is one of the most pointless exercises imaginable. 

No one really likes the Balmoral but there is no ground in L1 other than the obvious one that’s really outstanding in mid winter. I think we are missing a trick with the new stands but that’s for another day. 

9 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/11203520/montrose-fans-heroes-trek/amp/

Im guessing this was a load of pish then? It is the Sun I guess. 

I think a pissing contest between Cove and Montrose about fanbase and home crowds is one of the most pointless exercises imaginable. 

No one really likes the Balmoral but there is no ground in L1 other than the obvious one that’s really outstanding in mid winter. I think we are missing a trick with the new stands but that’s for another day. 

As you can see from the pictures in that article the game quite clearly did not have a 1730 kick off.  It’s do-able if it’s a 1500 kick off.  

15 hours ago, Moorie said:

I’ve went corporate once at Cove. The real thing. Not this jobber offer of ex players lounge nonsense. 

me and my Dad each year do corporate for our Birthdays each year. I go to pittodrie and we go Lower league Scottish ground for his. Anyway had cove booked pre covid which fell through until a few years later when we got to go. Great day out even stole myself a board pass from the door when leaving pished. 
Thought great will do it again. Emailed the lassie who runs it Angela as she was great last time. Picked our game, sent the email. Got response no problem 8 or 10 people. Replied with another date and game. Same response. Third email sent saying only needing two seats as was no issue prior. Only to be told only taken 8 or 10 bookings. Two fingers up to them over the tonne of the email. We ended up going to Arbroath last season which was a great experience off to Stirling Albion in May and already looking at Montrose next year. 
To get to the point it I don’t know why everyone else can accommodate two even pittodrie does it. 
sold out most weeks so what do I know. More the tonne of the emails 

I mean I would probably have a tone in my email if I was selling something that was advertised as having a minimum of 8 or 10 and someone with an evidently high opinion of themselves (see the jobber comment) kept emailing me asking for something well below the minimum threshold.   Chances are last time when you got two they didn’t sell all the tables, and that is typically when they seem to offer the smaller options.

It’s probably a good lesson in just because something was done before or someone else does it, doesn’t mean it happens every time. 

Edited by Jo9

3 hours ago, Jo9 said:

I mean I would probably have a tone in my email if I was selling something that was advertised as having a minimum of 8 or 10 and someone with an evidently high opinion of themselves (see the jobber comment) kept emailing me asking for something well below the minimum threshold.   Chances are last time when you got two they didn’t sell all the tables, and that is typically when they seem to offer the smaller options.

It’s probably a good lesson in just because something was done before or someone else does it, doesn’t mean it happens every time. 

Let’s be honest the website isn’t full of information to help confirm this. Email first time could have stated this first time around too that they no longer do tables of 4. Again without knowing the information on this how we meant to know? 
Could have easily been explained first reply in the email. 

Just now, Moorie said:

Let’s be honest the website isn’t full of information to help confirm this. Email first time could have stated this first time around too that they no longer do tables of 4. Again without knowing the information on this how we meant to know? 
Could have easily been explained first reply in the email. 

Probably by going onto the website, into the commercial section and reading what it says when you click on “Matchday at Cove”?

Seems pretty straight forward to me, if I was booking hospitality I would probably want to have a read of what it said before trying to book, maybe that’s just the way my head works.  

That took me a few seconds to google and get that screenshot, and it seems pretty clear from that it’s for 8 or 10 people, any less is subject to availability.

IMG_3447.jpeg