Amateur to WoS progression

52 minutes ago, Brad Bobley said:

Overall, you're probably right. But from St Pat's to Broomhill (who aren't great) isn't astronomical, although it is clearly still a big step. I would say it's rare, too, which is quite the gamble from Broomhill. A fairly soulless and empty club though, so no real direct accountability the way an East Stirlingshire or Cowdenbeath would operate. 

Tend to find the best players at amateur level will only thrive in a more professional environment. Good luck to them. Broomhill though, appears to be a poisoned chalice.

I was meaning more the standard of the Lowland League than any Broomhill/St Pats comparison. For as much as Broomhill are a basket case (or have been recently) I am pretty confident they would beat St Pats with more than a few goals to spare.

They signed Ciaran McPhie last season from the amateur ranks who scored 50-60 goals with Lochgilphead the previous season. Not sure how he did with Broomhill but I don't think he is there anymore.

On 22/05/2024 at 09:42, AMP28 said:

image.png.78d17a2a659185cf73f7da7a5cadc3f1.png

St Pats manager moving to LL with nomads Broomhill. St pats missed out to Knightswood last year joining the WOSFL. Not sure I can see Broomhill changing to St Pats as suggested. Wonder if any players would be able to make the jump. Huge step but Broomhill signed a young boy from an amateur team last year, not sure he played at all thou. 

image.png

Missed out is being polite about it.

Full on religious bigotry more like from the Wosfl clubs.

50 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

I was meaning more the standard of the Lowland League than any Broomhill/St Pats comparison. For as much as Broomhill are a basket case (or have been recently) I am pretty confident they would beat St Pats with more than a few goals to spare.

They signed Ciaran McPhie last season from the amateur ranks who scored 50-60 goals with Lochgilphead the previous season. Not sure how he did with Broomhill but I don't think he is there anymore.

Aw definitely, mate. Going from playing against the lesser teams in SPAFA and winning 600-0 to playing against East Kilbride, Tranent, Bo'ness, Hearts B and Celtic B is quite the jump. 

35 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

I don't have any comment to make on the religious bigotry part, because I simply don't know enough around what happened, but I always laugh at Ben Grant's original Twitter post, as somebody who's supposed to be a non-league Scottish footballing expert, calling them St Pat's Athletic, as in the team from Dublin. Ignorance, but off topic nonetheless. We knew what he meant.

40 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

That's embarrassing. Going down that road does you no favours. 

Doesn't embarrass me in any way.

I'm only the messenger.

Say a lot about you though 

And you couldn't embarrass the Wosfl with a blow torch.

23 hours ago, PossilYM said:

If there was a way for annual automatic promotion and relegation on merit between the W0S and the EoS and their local leagues each season that would help to spike these out of date accusations. Time to look forward not backwards?

What do you think the score will be tonight? Can Germany be shocked on their own turf?

Edited by Dev

1 hour ago, Basile Boli said:

😂😂😂

There it is. You sad little man.

Careful now. He'll go on a mad red dotting spree for calling him out like that. Weird, pathetic little person! 😂

Edited by Spyro

Hopefully some of the amateurs can make the jump up to the West - better than having players leave the clubs to join current WOSFL clubs. The only downside imo would be say 6 amateurs join up, only to go ground sharing at a soulless 3g cage. Not sure what the lower level ground entry rules are, for the amateurs to progress. Would be another part to the pyramid, good luck everyone.

On 14/06/2024 at 02:13, PossilYM said:

Doesn't embarrass me in any way.

I'm only the messenger.

Say a lot about you though 

And you couldn't embarrass the Wosfl with a blow torch.

Says a lot about me 🤣🤣🤣🤣 If only you knew, my mates would be ending themselves with the totally inaccurate assumption you are clearly making. You've been challenged to put forward the facts to prove that the WoSFL chose another club instead of St Pats because of religious bigotry and have brought forward zilch. They have no facility, no youth set up, play half the time on a ploughed field when it suits them but it's because of religion they didn't get in. Put up or shut up.

On 16/06/2024 at 18:08, Andy groundhopper said:

Hopefully some of the amateurs can make the jump up to the West - better than having players leave the clubs to join current WOSFL clubs. The only downside imo would be say 6 amateurs join up, only to go ground sharing at a soulless 3g cage. Not sure what the lower level ground entry rules are, for the amateurs to progress. Would be another part to the pyramid, good luck everyone.

It's a good starting point, I think, to just 'get in' with the cages/4G/sports centre facilities, with a strict condition of development of facilities over a certain timeframe. If Gartcairn and Ashfield can get away with theirs, then there's hope for anyone!