Artificial pitch vote

Posted (edited)

On 25/05/2024 at 17:35, BPM said:

It is a pity your tin pot club couldn’t maintain your pitch properly and maybe we wouldnt be in this farcical place 

You're a bit dim aren't you.

Falkirk playing in League One is the epitome of tin pot.

If you really believe this has anything to do with the supposed lack of quality of plastic pitches you're at the very best naive.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

28 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

How would people feel if the pitch at Hampden was made artificial?

There were probably a few folk at the Georgia game who wished it was.

Personally, I'd have no problem with it.  You'd think the SFA ought to have the money to keep it in bowling-green nick and a really good grass pitch is obviously better.  But would I care if it was a good plastic pitch instead?  No, I wouldn't. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

How would people feel if the pitch at Hampden was made artificial?

For the seethe it would cause with the erse cheeks playing cup semi's and finals on it, i'd be all for it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Posted (edited)

We need to have VAR so we aren't out step with other Uefa countries.....

We can't have artifical surfaces despite Uefa approval......

Almost like we are making it up as we go along, but that can't be the case... CAN IT??

Edited by Bairnardo

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

For the seethe it would cause with the erse cheeks playing cup semi's and finals on it, i'd be all for it.

Not to mention the Tartan Army da's

8 hours ago, arabdelic said:

The fact is last season your home form was good , your away form was atrocious , one of the worst in livings memory losing 15 out of 19 away games.  A huge contrast between home and away. Improving ratio by getting better players doesn't support your point. Quite the contrary it illustrates this season you have been able to compete better away from home so the gulf between home and away points has reduced.

Our away form was just as bad the season we were relegated.

Interestingly, Hamilton, who were relegated automatically relegated that season, picked up more points away from home than they did on their own plastic pitch.

You might want to do some stretches before attempting your mental gymnastics getting that stat to fit your bullshit theory.

Ban plastic in the Premier Division IMO. 

The way the ball bounces on plastic 90% of the game is basically GK passes to CB, launch, look for flick on, RINSE AND REPEAT.

If I want to watch that pish then ill go to a junior game. 

Posted (edited)

Plastic pitches are undoubtable crap.

However creating some kind of Premiership grass pitch mafia that excludes other teams from being promoted is worse.  A lot, lot worse.

The league is already a stuffy bore with most seasons 1 out of 12 leaving the league.  Or if you like a whole 92% of the league staying where they are.  Contrast that with some of the lower divisions when 40% of the league can change around.

Instead of closing off avenues into the top league we should be opening them up.  The way Motherwell are going these days we'd be very much in danger but I'm absolutely in favour of 2 automatic relegation places.

But lets face it, at both ends of the league system it's basically a self interested private members club with very minor concession.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

18 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Plastic pitches are undoubtable crap.

However creating some kind of Premiership grass pitch mafia that excludes other teams from being promoted is worse.  A lot, lot worse.

The league is already a stuffy bore with most seasons 1 out of 12 leaving the league.  Or if you like a whole 92% of the league staying where they are.  Contrast that with some of the lower divisions when 40% of the league can change around.

Instead of closing off avenues into the top league we should be opening them up.  The way Motherwell are going these days we'd be very much in danger but I'm absolutely in favour of 2 automatic relegation places.

But lets face it, at both ends of the league system it's basically a self interested private members club with very minor concession.

Your first sentence is, politely, untrue.

Ours and several others (Accies, Airdrie...) are excellent. Far superior to many tattie fields you see scattered around the top tier from about November to April.

Heavy disgusted with the St Mirren da bloc voting announced earlier. Slam that door shut, lads!

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Your first sentence is, politely, untrue.

Ours and several others (Accies, Airdrie...) are excellent. Far superior to many tattie fields you see scattered around the top tier from about November to April.

Heavy disgusted with the St Mirren da bloc voting announced earlier. Slam that door shut, lads!

Have Accies replaced their pitch since their Premiership adventures?  Cos it was terrible back then.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was a Smisa members vote and I voted to ban them from the top league. Nothing to do with slamming any door shut , I just hate plastic pitches , and always have !

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

It was a Smisa members vote and I voted to ban them from the top league. Nothing to do with slamming any door shut , I just hate plastic pitches , and always have !

OK boomer

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

Gosh, how fortunate that your dislike of artificial pitches helps solidify the top tier membership. You must be pleased.

2 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Surely the plastic pitch is a non event. Given killie are changing it’ll be an grass prem anyway?

That's the point. They've been present in the top league for over a decade, it isn't a coincidence that the vote is taking place once the last team with one is relegated. We're only changing because a wealthy owner is building a training ground for us.

It stinks. Don't worry though, it's a done deal, as they won't put this to a vote unless they know it will pass.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Gosh, how fortunate that your dislike of artificial pitches helps solidify the top tier membership. You must be pleased.

Delighted that they're being eradicated , yes ! Thankfully my club will never install one , although I'm quite happy to have one at our training ground . 

4 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Have Accies replaced their pitch since their Premiership adventures?  Cos it was terrible back then.

We've had a few different ones, but the one we have now I'm sure is the same one we last got relegated with.

Despite how it can look on camera in the sun, inside the ground it looks ok and, as for what really matters, it plays fine.