Artificial pitch vote

1 minute ago, KTID26 said:

You have never spoken to a player I your life. 

If they had a poll with the all the players the Worst pitch in the Premiership who do you think would get the vote ?  eh? 

maybe not include the wee team in Dundee right enough they had a bad year but even then would probably pip yours

3 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

If they had a poll with the all the players the Worst pitch in the Premiership who do you think would get the vote ?  eh? 

maybe not include the wee team in Dundee right enough they had a bad year but even then would probably pip yours

You support the wee team in Dundee. These type of polls do not exist so a waste of time saying it. By the way we beat your lot on astro and grass

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

were massive mate, double the support of the wee Team.  11k crowds

Only because you were riding high in the LOWER league. Watch it reduce when your 11th in the big boys league. 

Just now, KTID26 said:

Only because you were riding high in the LOWER league. Watch it reduce when your 11th in the big boys league. 

it will a bit but we will still average 8K no problem, comfortably 6th biggest Team in Scotland

4 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

it will a bit but we will still average 8K no problem, comfortably 6th biggest Team in Scotland

With the 4th biggest populated city in the country at almost 150,000 that is achievable and would make you the sixth best supported club in the country. It doesn't make 6th best only league position does that. 

Just now, KTID26 said:

With the 4th biggest populated city in the country at almost 150,000 that is achievable and would make you the sixth best supported club in the country. It doesn't make 6th best only league position does that. 

not arguing with that. Look at Aberdeen and Hibs this season

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Right, what outcome will be funnier: Falkirk win the league and have to dig up their new pitch, or they go straight back down and all their greeting was moot?

Falkirk put down a grass pitch then the premiership introduces a four stand minimum requirement. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Right, what outcome will be funnier: Falkirk win the league and have to dig up their new pitch, or they go straight back down and all their greeting was moot?

Falkirk win the Championship, dig up their new pitch and get relegated straight away.

On 29/05/2024 at 16:37, btb said:

Fair enough you've found a paper with a different opinion to mine but that's not outright proof that the "advantage" doesn't exist as I say just a different opinion but I see again you've ignored my EPL point - there's a clear and obvious reason for this. As I've said if the vote goes to allow plastic pitches I hope we install one as my main gripe is the hypocrisy of Falkirk and their fanbase,

Is there a "Days Lost" prize cos I'm sure I'll be winning it today. 🫠

Yes, an abundance of money, where they can have the best grass pitches available, and maintain them to a very high standard. Which Scotland's top flight doesn't have, and we can't compare our grass pitches to EPL ones either. 

If we're talking how much of an advantage plastic pitches give though, then lets discuss playing budgets, and how the league is unfairly weighed towards The Rangers and Celtic, bit silly moaning about plastic pitches giving the home team an advantage when the elephant in the room is being ignored, and the league is a farce as a competition each season. But yeah, lets bin plastic pitches and everything in the top flight will be hunky dory.

We've just had B teams and now artificial pitches. We have a TV deal which basically ignores the rest. Just checking what else we need to do next to appease the Old Firm? 75% ticket allocation at away games?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Will be astonished if it wasn't 10-2 in favour, with the two being the obvious two. Actually also wouldn't be shocked if we'd voted in favour and it was 11-1.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we voted yes because we don’t want to be the only (plastic) club to have to suffer the cost of changing our pitch which we expect to do anyway.

I really don't know why the big clubs hate Falkirk so much, so my commiserations at this trying time.

I wish they'd stop trying to make Livingston the diddies' problem, though.

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

Everyone including most sane United supporters know they fiddle the crowd figures on an industrial scale. Some of the crowds claimed last season were a joke! Their crowds are bigger than across the road but not by the amounts claimed.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

In time this will see the pitches at Airdrie, Falkirk, Dumfries, Hamilton, Kirkcaldy and Livingston replaced by grass which will only be used for first-team and select other matches... displacing all training and community/youth/etc. users.

EDIT: it also impacts the semi-professional game as Clyde, East Stirlingshire, Glasgow University plus half-a-dozen womens teams (including Celtic Ladies) will probably be rendered homeless.

Clyde, East Stirlingshire and Glasgow Uni were already homeless.