Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

We gave him a chance he might never have had, that’s worth a lot

He's been with Dundee for just over 6 months, he was at Aberdeen for nigh on eight years. I mean I get the point you are making, but 8 years is a long time.  He also said this when joining you, "One of the things I've picked up in my career ... is go with your gut, and the gut feeling for this one feels right."  which suggests he could choose Aberdeen over you simply for the challenge, as he might have a "gut feeling" that he is the man to fix the problems that have happened after he left them.

If I was Cormack and I was looking around for the best manager at the cheapest price, then Docherty probably doesn't fit into that category because I cannot believe Nelms (or whoever is running Dundee now) would offer up Docherty on the cheap. Not sure of his contract but I can't believe Dundee only tied him down to one year.

That is the only reason I can see Cormack not going for Docherty.

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So much of the 22 pages on this thread discussing, mainly by non Dons fans, a total non event. Tony Docherty has zero chance of being chosen as our next manager. 

It’s a strange one, it really doesn’t make much logical sense at all. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s a strange one, it really doesn’t make much logical sense at all. 

:lol:

The lad was with you for 8 years, and many would consider that tenure 'more successful' than those who have followed. He's currently leading a team that not only sits above you in the league, but you've failed to beat this season. Yet it's strange and doesn't make sense when he's linked? What are you expecting here? Ferguson to come out of retirement and lead you back to the glory days?

I'm not saying that he will get the job, I'm saying he is probably the top domestic target, along with Robinson and/or a returning McInnes, assuming Clement, Rodgers and Naismith are well out of your price range.

That said, I admire you relying on Cormack making an 'unstrange' appointment and one that 'makes logical sense'... you know, like the last one.

Not sure what my choice would be. It’s tough, but I think I’d go for ill informed speculation over hilariously silly suggestions every time. 

Edited by coprolite
Autocorrect is a complete c**t

Just now, Ric said:

:lol:

The lad was with you for 8 years, and many would consider that tenure 'more successful' than those who have followed. He's currently leading a team that not only sits above you in the league, but you've failed to beat this season. Yet it's strange and doesn't make sense when he's linked? What are you expecting here? Ferguson to come out of retirement and lead you back to the glory days?

I'm not saying that he will get the job, I'm saying he is probably the top domestic target, along with Robinson and/or a returning McInnes, assuming Clement, Rodgers and Naismith are well out of your price range.

That said, I admire you relying on Cormack making an 'unstrange' appointment and one that 'makes logical sense'... you know, like the last one.

What an absolutely bizarre post.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What an absolutely bizarre post.

Is it? Is it really? A previous long-term employee being discussed when the position is available? :rolleyes:

Ok, then, I'll trust you... I mean you must surely know what Cormack is going to do, so why not let us know the name of your manager now. Why wait for it to be officially announced?

It’s the fundamental tribalism in fitba that I love the most. Take “Sevco are shite and McInnes is better off with Aberdeen” and replace with “Aberdeen are shite and Docherty is better off with Dundee” and repeat with your team of choice. 
Personally I think the latter but who knows, money talks. 

23 minutes ago, Ric said:

Is it? Is it really? A previous long-term employee being discussed when the position is available? :rolleyes:

Ok, then, I'll trust you... I mean you must surely know what Cormack is going to do, so why not let us know the name of your manager now. Why wait for it to be officially announced?

I know the st Mirren fans are having a competition as to who can lose the run of themselves the most over us but if you could just leave me out of it please. 

Didn't Warnock say that they had basically already picked the new manager?

I haven't been keeping up with the Aberdonian version of Falcon Crest.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

You won’t be surprised to hear that Warnock wasn’t being 100 per cent honest in his final interview here.

20 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

You won’t be surprised to hear that Warnock wasn’t being 100 per cent honest in his final interview here.

A lot of his waffle kind of reminded me of Charles Green.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Eldorado would a more apt reference.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I know the st Mirren fans are having a competition as to who can lose the run of themselves the most over us but if you could just leave me out of it please. 

You are absolutely obsessed with St. Mirren fans 🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How reliable is this guy? 

If memory serves, reliable when just repeating actual ITK-types' stuff, otherwise not so much. (I might be misremembering though.)