Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Darren Ferguson in ABZ tonight apparently.....

Hopefully he is just doing some form of Speaker gig but you just know that the sort of nostalgic shite that would turn Cormack into a tripod. Shiny toothed gimp. 

Screenshot_20240322_211214_X.jpg

LOL I wouldn’t put it past the numpty to do that.

He loves any tenuous link to Gothenburg. 

A poor & thoroughly depressing appointment he’d be. 

Gary Bowyer loves it up here in the north east , and he’s got previous for winning the championship, could be your man for next season , he’d definitely get you  boys back up again next season 

Keep yir hands off the Doc , you chunts have pervious for nicking good managers from us , you took knox back after he was turning the Dees around , then you came and got jocky after he got us a top 5 finish , hopefully our board have learnt and tell you to git tae fexk 

11 minutes ago, percyboy said:

Tony docherty but ffs not Neil Lennon anyone but him.

Well, apart from Mark "It's only 3 points" McGhee

No. you're right - anybody but Neil Lennon

Edited by Jacksgranda
Thought about it...

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Would be amazed if something is not imminent tbh.

Would you?

Would you really with our Board?

I find it very odd in this day & age there are no solid names in the press. 
No way you can keep it quiet these days.

Which makes me think there’s nothing imminent. 

2 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Richard Gordon's thinking may be sound, but these are awfully nondescript suggestions.  He reckons we'll find out this weekend.

image.png.8452dee75659836e52bc85685fe253c3.png

That reeks of the moronic logic that because Bertie Vogts was pish Scotland should never appoint a foreign manager again (despite the fact that if you were consistent with this logic we'd never appoint a Scottish manager again).

Richard Gordon suggesting Lennon is disappointing. There's no reasonable footballing rationale for that, it must simply be the BBC old pals act that I thought Gordon would be above.

From a banter perspective I'm obviously all for it.

I have no idea what’s happening, nor should I, but what worries me the most is that we appoint someone now because we said we would or the fans “ demand” it. If we have a genuine contender ready to go fair enough otherwise I’d rather stick with Leven and the coaching staff until we do. 

22 minutes ago, fasda2 said:

I have no idea what’s happening, nor should I, but what worries me the most is that we appoint someone now because we said we would or the fans “ demand” it. If we have a genuine contender ready to go fair enough otherwise I’d rather stick with Leven and the coaching staff until we do. 

Ideally they would have this new technical director in seat before appointing a manager but I agree that Leven until end of season would not be a disaster. I think he would keep us up - which is pretty much what we’re playing for now. 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Richard Gordon suggesting Lennon is disappointing. There's no reasonable footballing rationale for that, it must simply be the BBC old pals act that I thought Gordon would be above.

Have Lennon and Richard Gordon ever been on the same radio show? Can't remember any occasion. 

9 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Have Lennon and Richard Gordon ever been on the same radio show? Can't remember any occasion. 

Aye fair enough. He just always seemed sensible and considered. I couldn't conceive him picking Lennon for any footballing reason

4 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Richard Gordon's thinking may be sound, but these are awfully nondescript suggestions.  He reckons we'll find out this weekend.

image.png.8452dee75659836e52bc85685fe253c3.png

Whilst I think there is an inherent risk with an overseas appointment, RG's argument conveniently omits that all three of Cormack's permanent appointments to date have had knowledge of the Scottish game and all three have ended in failure. 

Not that I thought it would be but rule Mciness out currently on the Sportsound studio.

unless they are going to do a higher power and Mciness will reveal its was him all along like Vince McMahon did 

6 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Not that I thought it would be but rule Mciness out currently on the Sportsound studio.

unless they are going to do a higher power and Mciness will reveal its was him all along like Vince McMahon did 

Hopefully that’s where the Vince McMahon similarities would end… 💩 

6 hours ago, velo army said:

Richard Gordon suggesting Lennon is disappointing. There's no reasonable footballing rationale for that, 

Spoke to Richard Gordon not so long back, and his preferred candidate was Tony Doc.

7 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Would you?

Would you really with our Board?

I find it very odd in this day & age there are no solid names in the press. 
No way you can keep it quiet these days.

Which makes me think there’s nothing imminent. 

Yes.

I literally spoke to Steven Gunn on Thursday night and would find him even more incompetent than previously thought if nothing was coming in the very near future.

6 hours ago, velo army said:

As far as I am aware, he's very much out of the loop these days which is why he takes constant shots at the board.