Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Do you mean the manager search pantomime or @VincentGuerin ‘s dogged determination to rubbish the conjecture of someone who claims to be itk when he himself is even less itk? 

All of it, Pete. All of it. 

I’ve used the international break as a welcome holiday from caring much about this. Social media suggests others have managed to get themselves very worked up indeed.

Of course, county will beat us on Saturday and I’ll become all too aware again of just how fucked we are. 

8 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Do you mean the manager search pantomime or @VincentGuerin ‘s dogged determination to rubbish the conjecture of someone who claims to be itk when he himself is even less itk? 

I'm simply a warrior for the truth, determined to call out lies and disinformation wherever I find them.

Got to be honest though, football rumours are among my least favourite thing on earth. Almost always demonstrably nonsense. Perhaps a football forum is not the best place for me.

16 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I doubt Michael O'Neill or anyone other than a bored Neil Warnock would see taking a relegation threatened Aberdeen as a perfect time to take the job. No-one wants to take a job with the potential for immediate relegation to tarnish their CV unless they are desperate for work. 

Edit: Sir Jocky of Scott is alive and well. 

In an interview situation, any manager worth his salt i(i.e not a desperado like Lennon, Fotheringham etc) would surely be asking questions as to why we've sacked 4 managers in as many years, where things have gone wrong, what they're going to do to fix it - essentially interviewing Cormack/Burrows as much as they're interviewing him.

I'm confident we won't go down or even for it to be a consideration come the split, but the last few years of utter chaos is probably going to be the thing that puts the better candidates off.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

I'm not claiming to be ITK 😂

I just pass on what I get told to some on here.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I have no idea who our next manager will be or should be. I thought Goodwin would be decent so I'm barred from having an opinion. 

Michael O Neil would however be an excellent punchline to @VincentGuerin's series of essays. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the man. That's not the point I've been making at all.

I'd be surprised if Aberdeen are going all out for O'Neil having to pay compensation and all that but not going for someone like Alex Neil.

Maybe they have and Neil thinks he can still get a job down South. I would tend to agree with him if that was the case.

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I'd be surprised if Aberdeen are going all out for O'Neil having to pay compensation and all that but not going for someone like Alex Neil.

Maybe they have and Neil thinks he can still get a job down South. I would tend to agree with him if that was the case.

Sounds like Neil has no interest.

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

Given the shambles that is Cormack he's probably going all out for O'Neil thinking it's Neil he's getting.

6 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Finally, someone in this thread can spell pantomime. 
Will Aberdeen appoint a manager before the end of this managerial break?

Oh no they won’t. 

1 hour ago, Flammable sheep said:

I can understand O'Neill being a decent (unexciting) candidate, if compensation was low to non-existent. But I don't get why we'd break the bank for him, if his salary with NI is really so high.

Could be a job share.

Aberdeen’s next manager is definitely going to be either Neil Lennon, Michael O’Neil, Alex Neil, Martin O’Neil, Neil Diamond, or Neil fae’ the Young Ones.

Bookmark it. I’m ITK.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Aberdeen’s next manager is definitely going to be either Neil Lennon, Michael O’Neil, Alex Neil, Martin O’Neil, Neil Diamond, or Neil fae’ the Young Ones.

Bookmark it. I’m ITK.

Neil Buchanan: Former Art Attack host denies Banksy rumours - BBC News

30 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Bookmark it. I’m ITK.

Neil, before Zod?