Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Sue Nichols, Audrey Robert’s was in it as well , Marlin Gates , miss Diane pal in the kitchen , with Carlos the chef before wee Shug McPhee 

Did wee Shug not star with Steve McQueen in that film about the Dons 99-00 season?

38 minutes ago, fasda2 said:

Did wee Shug not star with Steve McQueen in that film about the Dons 99-00 season?

Yes indeed he did , he lost the steve McQueen role , as he was to wee to get on the bike 

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Still crazy to think Leicester won the league because his son racially abused a Thai hooker on camera.

Are you thinking that could work for Aberdeen 

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

By Samuel Beckett

Any excuse to tell one of my favourite fun facts: when Samuel Beckett lived in rural France he took his turn driving the local kids to school. He bonded with one of them, Andre Roussimoff, over their shared love of cricket. Roussimoff went on to become famous as Andre the Giant.

19 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If that was a criteria, St Mirren would have been managerless for 147 years.

Must try harder 

FFS 😆

How’s the top 6 open top bus parade plan going…… maybe 

Why would knowledge of Aberdeen's relative fame influence St Mirren's recruitment policies?

I was being facetious in my delivery, but my point stands: Aberdeen isn't a name in the pool of managers you're trying to fish in. The guys old enough to remember you being a force are mad old c***s like Warnock.

It has to be tough for your board, pretending the guy you eventually get in is the one you wanted.

8 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Ex Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is available!

Weirdly, I've had a couple of clips of old press conferences (or 'pressers' as I believe the kids call them) of his pop up in the last couple of days. He really is an unlikeable fellow. 

57 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Weirdly, I've had a couple of clips of old press conferences (or 'pressers' as I believe the kids call them) of his pop up in the last couple of days. He really is an unlikeable fellow. 

Pearson asking big Tyrone if he's an ostrich would be tremendous viewing.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Scott Burns now saying O'Neill is not under consideration for the job. I guess he's usually pretty spot on with Aberdeen stuff?

He seems to be! 

The timing with O'Neill wouldn't really make sense to me. Why put out the video today if we were so close to getting a manager over the line? Why would we even need to wait for the NI friendly to be done before making an approach? 

I also just don't see us spending so big on a manager like him. Especially after the consultation and the stated aim to hire a technical director too

23 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If that was a criteria, St Mirren would have been managerless for 147 years.

Must try harder 

FFS 😆

How’s the top 6 open top bus parade plan going…… maybe 

It’s incredible to think that without a former St Mirren manager and numerous former Saints players Aberdeen would never have achieved the major honours in the 80s.

I’m thinking initially of Bell, Cowan, Weir, Stark, McDougall managed by Mr Ferguson.

We are just a wee town club but surprisingly we’ve achieved some major honours in our history despite being so close to Glasgow. Not many clubs as in close proximity to the biggest two clubs in Scotland have managed to win as many major honours as us in the last 50 years. 

The bright city lights, larger stadiums and far higher wages unfortunately leads to our players moving on with their careers. 

You are so so very ungrateful. 

Boo

😜 

7 minutes ago, Molotov said:

It’s incredible to think that without a former St Mirren manager and numerous former Saints players Aberdeen would never have achieved the major honours in the 80s.

I’m thinking initially of Bell, Cowan, Weir, Stark, McDougall managed by Mr Ferguson.

We are just a wee town club but surprisingly we’ve achieved some major honours in our history despite being so close to Glasgow. Not many clubs as in close proximity to the biggest two clubs in Scotland have managed to win as many major honours as us in the last 50 years. 

The bright city lights, larger stadiums and far higher wages unfortunately leads to our players moving on with their careers. 

You are so so very ungrateful. 

Boo

😜 

Thanks St Mirren.

8 minutes ago, Molotov said:

And yet you remain the only club to have sacked Sir Alex. That’s on your clubs record not ours.