Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Just thinking about the overwhelming temptation that Cormack must have had to tweet out an April Fool's this morning about appointing himself as manager...

I'm amazed Cormack hasnt installed himself as manager at some point tbh. 

Any music video from when we were domestic champions, cup holders and France Football's reigning European Team of the Year is fine by me.

Beats being 9th and grateful for a scruffy win against a side who were in the Highland League at the time.

Still, I think Peter Leven is probably fine for now, and the FMB can perhaps cool their jets slightly as any primary candidates were starting to hold too many strong negotiating cards.

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I am starting to get a little bit worried that Aberdeen might come for McInnes.

I wouldn’t worry. Still the same Chairman that Mciness didn’t get on with and who got rid off him so doubt he will return 

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Utterly bored by this now. 

Makes you wonder what is going on in that board room.

It does feel the club might just get away with any pressure if Leven chalks another win on Saturday 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Stop caring. Livi on Saturday is the only dons related thought for me tbh. This will sort itself out. 

That appears to be the Aberdeen board's strategy.

12 hours ago, Dee Man said:

That appears to be the Aberdeen board's strategy.

It's smart. Take attention away from the never-ending stadium saga (that could eventually become a borderline existential issue for Aberdeen), by having a never-ending manager saga.

Very smart, imo.

Warnock apparently on the radio this morning.

Not too uncomplimentary about the club, but did state that he disagreed on their overreliance on stats/data when it comes to recruiting players.

28 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Not too uncomplimentary about the club, but did state that he disagreed on their overreliance on stats/data when it comes to recruiting players.

That's the way football is going min general though.

Look at the players Brighton seem to find. That's not come about because some bloke is going from game to game in South America.

We'd also not have signed Bojan, Duk and Ramadani.

32 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Think Warnock's always liked the 'good lads' approach when it comes to recruitment and has tended to have a bunch of players follow him from club to club 

8 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

That's the way football is going min general though.

Look at the players Brighton seem to find. That's not come about because some bloke is going from game to game in South America.

We'd also not have signed Bojan, Duk and Ramadani.

Didn’t hear what he said but there is a balance and there’s probably a pace of change to consider when you implement it. 

Suspect we’ve gone a bit too far, too quickly down this route, especially in windows where we’ve been overhauling just about an entire team and replacing them with majority data led players. Just a fact of the game that for every bojan there’s a morris, Richardson and gueye who probably show up quite well in certain stats. 

Doesnt help when folk like Goodwin go down a more reliable route and sign Anthony fucking Stewart though.