Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Molotov said:

Not many clubs as in close proximity to the biggest two clubs in Scotland have managed to win as many major honours as us in the last 50 years. 

Another thing to add to your honours list beside the "made the top six" trophy.

Truly we're in a golden era for you club.

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

There was me thinking it was the biggest town in Scotland.

In the most populated region of the country, giving access to a large player pool and theoretically making scouting easier. 

On 29/03/2024 at 00:21, Thenorthernlight said:

If that was a criteria, St Mirren would have been managerless for 147 years.

Must try harder 

FFS 😆

How’s the top 6 open top bus parade plan going…… maybe 

8 hours ago, Don exotic said:

And yet you remain the only club to have sacked Sir Alex. That’s on your clubs record not ours.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

There was me thinking it was the biggest town in Scotland.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Another thing to add to your honours list beside the "made the top six" trophy.

Truly we're in a golden era for you club.

1 hour ago, Ampersand said:

In the most populated region of the country, giving access to a large player pool and theoretically making scouting easier. 

Did you all not see the laughing emoji 😜 at the end of my post to indicate that it was meant in jest to @Thenorthernlight

Lighten up ffs. 

IMG_8614.jpeg.6e15bc32876bf5e660cc3445328c19b3.jpeg

Unfortunately it seems you now have a Perth farmer to assist you. 

IMG_8615.gif.26ba33dc747837e79afcdc6b15a26268.gif

9 hours ago, Don exotic said:

And yet you remain the only club to have sacked Sir Alex. That’s on your clubs record not ours.

And?

He was leaving anyway and had already flouted employment rules in engineering his exit from the club. We then, in qualifying for Europe for the first time, went on to have our most successful spell in the top league ever, after we appointed his successor Jim Clunie.

As someone who was fortunate enough to be a supporter during that era, it seemed to be that it kick started us into a highly successful period for the club.

Although sacking the latter because he swore at the chairman's wife, was a bit of a riddy. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your post is due to ignorance regarding the facts rather than a lack of guile.

Anyway, good luck with your next managerial appointment.

Edited by FTOF

Glad the Doc appears to be overlooked. First season back up and his first season as manager, absolutely smashing it. Think Del kept Killie up last game of the season last season if I’m not mistaken? Champions league football next season for us. 

28 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Glad the Doc appears to be overlooked. First season back up and his first season as manager, absolutely smashing it.

This is no comment on Docherty's long-term abilities in the job, but I remember getting awfully excited at how well Jackie McNamara was doing in his first season as a manager.

34 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

This is no comment on Docherty's long-term abilities in the job, but I remember getting awfully excited at how well Jackie McNamara was doing in his first season as a manager.

Clearly this is true. It's easy to get too carried away. The difference being is that Docherty isn't new to the managerial game - he had experience of over 750 games in the dugout before he joined us and was key to the success of Mcinnes. 

Our second season is arguably more important as it is another rebuild with us having so many loan players this season but it is similar to what happened with Kilmarnock last season. 

Just thinking about the overwhelming temptation that Cormack must have had to tweet out an April Fool's this morning about appointing himself as manager or something (probably accompanied by a bad Photoshop), followed by a Lampardian transition to: "Seriously, fellow Dandies, Alan and I are working very hard - final stages now!"

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Just thinking about the overwhelming temptation that Cormack must have had to tweet out an April Fool's this morning about appointing himself as manager or something (probably accompanied by a bad Photoshop), followed by a Lampardian transition to: "Seriously, fellow Dandies, Alan and I are working very hard - final stages now!"

It’s still relatively early on east coast US so you never know….

On 30/03/2024 at 09:21, FTOF said:

And?

He was leaving anyway and had already flouted employment rules in engineering his exit from the club. We then, in qualifying for Europe for the first time, went on to have our most successful spell in the top league ever, after we appointed his successor Jim Clunie.

As someone who was fortunate enough to be a supporter during that era, it seemed to be that it kick started us into a highly successful period for the club.

Although sacking the latter because he swore at the chairman's wife, was a bit of a riddy. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your post is due to ignorance regarding the facts rather than a lack of guile.

Anyway, good luck with your next managerial appointment.

I sometimes played golf with Jim Clunie. He was world class (at swearing!).