Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Yes.

I literally spoke to Steven Gunn on Thursday night and would find him even more incompetent than previously thought if nothing was coming in the very near future.

As far as I am aware, he's very much out of the loop these days which is why he takes constant shots at the board.

The words Steven & Gunn kinda weaken your comment IMO 😃

It's clear that nobody has a fucking clue including Dave Cormack or there'd have been an announcement by now. 

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's clear that nobody has a fucking clue including Dave Cormack or there'd have been an announcement by now. 

DC knows, so do others. It’s not Doc btw Ludo you’ll be glad to know. 

Edited by Silverado66

2 hours ago, Silverado66 said:

DC knows, so do others. It’s not Doc btw Ludo you’ll be glad to know. 

Well that’s at least four of us who know plus Klopp himself of course. 

1 hour ago, fasda2 said:

Well that’s at least four of us who know plus Klopp himself of course. 

Aye, Klopp knows it’s Mark Fotheringham. The Fußballtrainer group chat is buzzing with it, given his reputation over there.

Robson was sacked on the final day of January. There is still a good chance that our appointment this week, the final week of March - assuming it actually comes to pass - will feel like a rushed one. It is actually remarkable how much incompetence that takes. 

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Robson was sacked on the final day of January. There is still a good chance that our appointment this week, the final week of March - assuming it actually comes to pass - will feel like a rushed one. It is actually remarkable how much incompetence that takes. 

And if he's a success it'll be pure luck, like McInnes and McKenna, or if he's a failure it'll be "I told you so" from the hordes. That's football.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

And if he's a success it'll be pure luck, like McInnes and McKenna, or if he's a failure it'll be "I told you so" from the hordes. That's football.

No doubt, but it is difficult to look at the club's internal operations since March 2021, perhaps even before then, and not have very legitimate criticisms.

Even if we grant them leniency for being caught on the hop by Warnock's decision, doing the hard work earlier and having a proper structure in place, with a genuine DoF, would surely have had us in a less chaotic position. Instead, we have endured a messy compromise where Cormack wants us to be perceived as a modern club but behave like a traditional one, and we are where we are at least partly as a consequence of that. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

No doubt, but it is difficult to look at the club's internal operations since March 2021, perhaps even before then, and not have very legitimate criticisms.

Even if we grant them leniency for being caught on the hop by Warnock's decision, doing the hard work earlier and having a proper structure in place, with a genuine DoF, would surely have had us in a less chaotic position. Instead, we have endured a messy compromise where Cormack wants us to be perceived as a modern club but behave like a traditional one, and we are where we are at least partly as a consequence of that. 

Everything I was told was that O'Neill was in place with compensation agreed for the summer.

Warnock then decided he'd had enough of DC and expedited the new manager process.

16 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Everything I was told was that O'Neill was in place with compensation agreed for the summer.

Warnock then decided he'd had enough of DC and expedited the new manager process.

If that is the case, surely they would just go for Leven until the end of the season and communicate that they were in an advanced position with getting a manager for next season? Instead, it seems like they have been interviewing candidates over the last fortnight who are being considered as permanent appointments? 

56 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

So announced on Wednesday then

35 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

If that is the case, surely they would just go for Leven until the end of the season and communicate that they were in an advanced position with getting a manager for next season? Instead, it seems like they have been interviewing candidates over the last fortnight who are being considered as permanent appointments? 

As far as I know, compensation was agreed for O'Neills summer move.

N.I wanted a lot more for him to go now and he didn't want to leave before the break. This then led to going down other avenues, though he's now speaking publicly about possibly taking it.

I'd still be surprised if it's him though.

31 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Marc White, Dorking Wanderers, is now joint favourite.

Left field appointment. Nice. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

So announced on Wednesday then

Sunday Post going with ‘announcement in next 72 hours’  (presumably whilst still telling us the price of a cup of tea in Aberfeldy). This would conveniently be a day after NI’s next match.

38 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Sunday Post going with ‘announcement in next 72 hours’  (presumably whilst still telling us the price of a cup of tea in Aberfeldy). This would conveniently be a day after NI’s next match.

The Sunday Post.

LOL.

Doug Baillie, jam recipes, The Broons & gardening tips…

But never football exclusives.