Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you forgetting how badly he started with you?

Away and have a nice bowl of Coco Pops and a coffee. Nope, I haven’t forgotten how shite things were at first for Robinson, or indeed Goodwin and Jack Ross. All three did/are doing us a turn. Wonder how many Kilmarnock fans were feeling great about McInnes and their team, after let’s say one-third of this season. They, and he, are having a really good season. Not at first though.

I believe the phrase required at this juncture is ‘and what’s your point caller?’

Edited by pozbaird

56 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Away and have a nice bowl of Coco Pops and a coffee. Nope, I haven’t forgotten how shite things were at first for Robinson, or indeed Goodwin and Jack Ross. All three did/are doing us a turn. Wonder how many Kilmarnock fans were feeling great about McInnes and their team, after let’s say one-third of this season. They, and he, are having a really good season. Not at first though.

I believe the phrase required at this juncture is ‘and what’s your point caller?’

The suggestion was that Robinson would've come in and already had Aberdeen safe, so I was just pointing out the fact he struggled badly early on at St Mirren until he built his own squad.

On 19/03/2024 at 18:44, Bogbrush1903 said:

The owner of the account is a woman.

I don't think she particularly ITK but might get snippets.

There's no chance Thelin will want it, Rosler would be gone within 12 months, and Neil would only take the job as a second choice to his preferred option of remaining in England.

I find it hard to believe anyone actually knows what Cormack will do next, including the man himself.

Well there you go....

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

It was out of order the way hearts dealt with replacing him with the phoodle though. 

By exercising the option in his contract to not retain his services?

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

By exercising the option in his contract to not retain his services?

It was a relegation clause and ,as hearts fans so often pointed out at the time, there were still 8 games to go so that meant hearts got demoted instead of relegated. 

46 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

It was a relegation clause and ,as hearts fans so often pointed out at the time, there were still 8 games to go so that meant hearts got demoted instead of relegated. 

I'm sure Daniel Stendel would have had ample opportunity to challenge it in the courts had Hearts breached his contract.

On 17/04/2024 at 12:54, tarapoa said:

Well there you go....

I was wrong, I didn't think Thelin was a remote possibility and I'm still slightly curious why he decided to make the move.

I do hope he is now given a proper opportunity to build a squad over two or three seasons before we start judging him.

However, I suppose most fans will back him even without immediate winning runs if we can see that he knows what he's doing, unlike the previous Cormack men.

On 17/04/2024 at 13:55, MazzyStar said:

The dictionary definition of "relegation". Fits Hearts situation to a T.

the transfer of a sports team or player to a lower division of a league.

On 17/04/2024 at 14:37, Darren said:

Because he was a nasty p***k to people around Oriam.

Sorry to post an unrelated question, I don't know where else to ask it.

This is the first time I have heard of Oriam.

I've searched for it and now know about it, but where did the name come from?

21 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Sorry to post an unrelated question, I don't know where else to ask it.

This is the first time I have heard of Oriam.

I've searched for it and now know about it, but where did the name come from?

Or for gold, I and Am.  Oriam.