The race for Europe Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/03/2024

1 hour ago, Fide said:

Whereas your actual place is 9th. And this "you took the bait" patter is most tiresome. Begone. This thread is for box office teams. And yes, i am aware you beat us in the cup. Well done. 

lol get fucked. I made an absolutely benign post about killie and the usual happens. I had no intention of spamming the thread and put it to an end before you jumped in with this drivel. Pipe down. I like Derek mcinnes and continue to take an interest in his career. 

The highs and lows of supporting a football team!

At least we won the first half............................

Advantage Killie. Must have been a tremendous performance from them in the second half. So, well done for turning it around.

Good to see the roaring and greeting hypocrites, who burst into tears when they get the pish ripped out of them after amusing defeats like ours yesterday, infesting the thread.

A wee bit of advice. If you can't take it, then don't dish it out. ;)

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

lol get fucked. I made an absolutely benign post about killie and the usual happens. I had no intention of spamming the thread and put it to an end before you jumped in with this drivel. Pipe down. I like Derek mcinnes and continue to take an interest in his career. 

At least you're not worked up about it. That's the main thing. 

2 hours ago, Ric said:

I'll not lie, this did not go as I had hoped.

This result just shows you the classic highs and lows of being a provincial club. We have a brilliant comeback against Aberdeen, Aberdeen then beat Killie in the cup, then Killie have a brilliant comeback against us. You just have to laugh at the way things work out.

Ultimately, the only real disappointment is the goal difference, a few weeks ago, we were just behind Killie in 4th, the other week we jumped ahead of them, and now we've fallen behind. They have a harder game than us next league fixture so it's possible next week we will see the situation reverse. Does make you wonder if Killie would have preferred the cup win than this league one.

Got to say, I did have a laugh at people taking a dig on social media at Robinson's line up, who were then left eating their words come half time only for them to suddenly flip-flop back to hating again.

There’s hardly anything between 8/9/10 clubs most seasons and I think it’s just all confidence that really wins or loses games in this league.  Very few times will you see one of our level clubs scoring 4 or 5 and it’s also why it always surprises when your club keeps a clean sheet/sees out a win.

8 minutes ago, Fide said:

The irony here is that id left the thread by choice before you jumped in, and you keep replying with some very bog standard ‘tiresome’ P&B patter of your own. Let’s both just move on with the day, aye? 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

The irony here is that id left the thread by choice before you jumped in, and you keep replying with some very bog standard ‘tiresome’ P&B patter of your own. Let’s both just move on with the day, aye? 

^^^Rattled.

I think we can all agree on one thing.

It would have been much better if we had done that last week to Aberdeen, and yesterday's game had finished as a draw, or a one goal either way sort of thing.

It would have been so much funnier.

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I had 2 Kilmarnock pies in the first half and my hunger was really satisfied.

However after HT, the 5 I had in 19 minutes left me feeling sick.

That'll explain the 5XL shirts you've been buying. 

41 minutes ago, Fide said:

Your team has fought back from being 2 goals to win 5 - 2 and you're spitting the dummy out.

Strange behaviour.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Just watched the Sportscene highlights, which was as hard a watch as I thought it would be. Just wondering, can anyone remember another game where seven goals went in at one end of the ground, and none at the other?

Odd decision by saints to turn us anyway. Last 2 teams have done it because of the low sun but no such excuse yesterday. 

Anyway it turned out OK for you guys, great view of the goals.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

The highs and lows of supporting a football team!

At least we won the first half............................

Advantage Killie. Must have been a tremendous performance from them in the second half. So, well done for turning it around.

Good to see the roaring and greeting hypocrites, who burst into tears when they get the pish ripped out of them after amusing defeats like ours yesterday, infesting the thread.

A wee bit of advice. If you can't take it, then don't dish it out. ;)

Ryan Flynn needlessly gave away the penalty, when it was 2-1 and the momentum totally shifted in favour of Killie. I remember thinking at the game just after Killie scored their first goal, right get Kwon and Baccus on to break it up and slow the tempo down.

Shit happens in football. We were on a massive high after the two late goals against Aberdeen.

Yesterday was a monumental collapse, but we take our medicine and move on to the Motherwell game.
Bolton and Elvis should be back and Taylor who is our best left sided centre back, should also start. 

Edited by glenburn bud

I know the game was probably gone by then but the defending for the fourth and five goals is especially bad. Unfair to single anyone out in such a bad team performance but it still amazes me that Dunne ever plays ahead of Taylor, he ships a goal nearly every time he starts.

As much as I trust Robbo, it has to be said he made several baffling decisions yesterday. Both starting line up and substitutions. Decisions that in my opinion cost us the game. 
Suppose you have to weigh that up against the number of times he’s made decisions that have won us games, but nevertheless he needs to take the blame for yesterday’s defeat squarely on his own chin. 

Is there some hoodoo when Saints play on plastic?

Our record away at Kilmarnock and Livingston is honking.

Think we need Zach to piss on each post pre match at these venues before the teams take to the pitch to remove the curse. 

IMG_8202.thumb.jpeg.7e2dad2a348a7bd0786cf378dd41e681.jpeg

IMG_8201.thumb.jpeg.8bda1190fe472d99d5aa372712ff4291.jpeg

4 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Their defence also seemed to let Watson do a sort-of karaoke version of Maradona's 2nd goal against England in 1986. 

I Prefer our admins version tbh....

22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As much as I trust Robbo, it has to be said he made several baffling decisions yesterday. Both starting line up and substitutions. Decisions that in my opinion cost us the game. 
Suppose you have to weigh that up against the number of times he’s made decisions that have won us games, but nevertheless he needs to take the blame for yesterday’s defeat squarely on his own chin. 

Kilmarnock are clearly a second half team, he should have taken this into account. 

It also shows that McInnes knows the tweaks needed to turn the game round, and also that Killie are generally shit in the first half except against Dundee in the cup.

Screenshot_20240317_131649_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c75662309625a9465055a54522f1ed85.jpg

The half time league.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/tabellenachminuten/wettbewerb/SC1?saison_id=2023&range=Kickoff%3B45'&time_start=0&time_end=45