The race for Europe Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/03/2024

35 minutes ago, Molotov said:

We got our arse handed to us on a plate second half. 
The defending from the whole team was a disaster second half.

Let’s however get something right. Killie never turned into peak Barcelona. We just collectively collapsed. 
Killie certainly deserved to pump us. Happy to take it on the chin and move on. But lessons need to be learned by the manager. 
Robbo continues to play Flynn in crucial games when he really needs to put his trust in younger players. I think he started Flynn in a home game pumping by Celtic. I like Ryan Flynn for what he has done for our club but I believe his time as a first team player at our current level is over. 
He also is very “protective” of his captain and vice captain even when they are not playing well. 
This will either make or break our season depending on how our squad reacts. 
Our support needs to do what it’s always done and get behind the team and urge them to victory like we’ve seen before.
I remember we were turned over by Kilmarnock midweek at Rugby Park under Gus and the next game we went away and pumped Falkirk when no one expected us to get a result. 

Something to cheer the Buddies up tonight. 

COYS.

Spot on about Flynn. My heart sank when I seen him in the team. Why not start Brown? 

He is also too loyal to his captain. Kwon or Baccus in midfield for the second half would have made a difference. We would not have lost 5. 

Biggest disapointment was Bolton not playing. He and Gogic would have handled Killies front two. 

At the end of the day we lost. Well done to Kilmarnock. We just need to get back in the grove against Motherwell

6 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

The Mandron chance has been mentioned a couple of times. If we're talking about the one in the second half, he was miles offside and it was flagged.

No chance he was miles off. The replay on Kilmarnock TV he looked onside, I can't say 100% what would've happened when they drew the lines, but on the replay he looked quite clearly onside.

Edited by houston_bud

A few days late to the party here, but I really wanted to saunter on here and be a right cocky dick - but in fairness, most of the saints fans have been pretty sound about it, so I won’t bother. 

Absolutely love this team, as we just never give up. Truly terrible first half, but one of the best second half’s I’ve ever seen. 

Hope St Mirren finish 5th and get a wee euro jaunt as well. Good lads imo. 

6 hours ago, Nadroj said:

A few days late to the party here, but I really wanted to saunter on here and be a right cocky dick - but in fairness, most of the saints fans have been pretty sound about it, so I won’t bother. 

Absolutely love this team, as we just never give up. Truly terrible first half, but one of the best second half’s I’ve ever seen. 

Hope St Mirren finish 5th and get a wee euro jaunt as well. Good lads imo. 

Exactly, no complaints on whataboutery here.

In a way, I actually prefer us having a shite inexplicable brain fart to losing our to stupid refereeing decisions as that least what happened on Saturday is within our control to fix.

People can talk about how easy goals 4 and 5 were but the two goals that got Killie back on terms were really annoying as well.

I thought at the time that there was a foul in the build up to Killie's first and was confident it would be chalked off but on seeing the highlights, two players go for the ball...our player waits in anticipation, Killie's player though decides he's winning it and wants it more, absolutely nothing wrong with it and taking my St. Mirren head off, it's nice to see that VAR decided there was nothing in it as that was correct... these ones are always at risk from a pernickety VAR official.

Then for the penalty, the annoying thing is that Flynn just putting pressure on Watkins meant he took a heavy touch and that would have been enough as he had knocked it out for a goal kick. He didn't need to launch into him whatsoever. He did the exact same thing against Hearts last season in a crucial game with a player running away from goal in the 93rd minute and cost us two points then as well. Flynn looks OK in early stages of games but certainly doesn't have the legs for even an hour of football now.

9 hours ago, houston_bud said:

No chance he was miles off. The replay on Kilmarnock TV he looked onside, I can't say 100% what would've happened when they drew the lines, but on the replay he looked quite clearly onside.

We thought at the time it was tight. Paused it on Sportscene as they didn't show a replay and it looked really close.

Anyway I'd have happily settled for 5-3 😉

9 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I sit right in line with it and watched him before the ball came in, and thought he was clearly off.

50 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I sit right in line with it and watched him before the ball came in, and thought he was clearly off.

On or off, he didn’t half make an arse of it. 🙃

In regard to a previous point about the manner of our defeat, and a ‘brain fart’ gubbing being preferable to being robbed by VAR or shafted by a refereeing decision, I understand the jist of that, but… if we’re going to lose by three goals to a rival of similar size and stature, I’d rather we didn’t do it by being 2-0 up after 53 minutes, but manage to ship five goals in the time it takes to scoff a Big Yardley Breakfast.

Edited by pozbaird

24 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

On or off, he didn’t half make an arse of it. 🙃

In regard to a previous point about the manner of our defeat, and a ‘brain fart’ gubbing being preferable to being robbed by VAR or shafted by a refereeing decision, I understand the jist of that, but… if we’re going to lose by three goals to a rival of similar size and stature, I’d rather we didn’t do it by being 2-0 up after 53 minutes, but manage to ship five goals in the time it takes to scoff a Big Yardley Breakfast.

Agree with this. Being 2-0 up and then going on to lose is criminal, especially in the manner we did. 

30 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

… if we’re going to lose by three goals to a rival of similar size and stature, I’d rather we didn’t do it by being 2-0 up after 53 minutes, but manage to ship five goals in the time it takes to scoff a Big Yardley Breakfast.

61 minutes actually 😜

3 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

61 minutes actually 😜

Right enough. Half an hour to see it out, or, if not actually see it out, half an hour in which to try and not be Scotland’s version of Luton Town that week.

20 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Watched Sportscene on the i-player just to make sure that 2nd half actually happened.

What a game of football the boys from Kaiserslautern picked to come over for...

FB_IMG_1710684195957.thumb.jpg.5646c82910200035c4587fbf39b9bb5c.jpg

Just bumped into them at Glasgow airport on my way back to Amsterdam, think they were all still pished from last night 😁

25 minutes ago, Fide said:

I'm rather enjoying it. 

Indeed. We just enjoyed a week of the late, late, late show win and winding up the Dandies. Fcuking go for it. 😜

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

We all know there’s no games for a couple of weeks, so let’s all do the decent thing and shift our attentions to the Tartan Army Ramblings forum. Enough of this unimportant domestic nonsense. 🤥

Can't we do both?